DMR OVERPOWERED

Nathanb123

Pick your engagements if it's that big of a deal. If you, for some reason, think that the DMR is killing you so quickly, grab an assault rifle or suppressor and plan your engagements closer in. The AR will beat the DMR at close range.

Posting threads in all caps while you are on the community forums won't get you anywhere. And I'm sure that this issue has been brought to the attention of 343. Balance will come soon. Until then, you might have to adjust your playstyle.

Or, if you can't do that, just use the DMR for the time being.

not entirely correct, the TTK for the AR and the DMR are so close that whoever shoots first, assuming dmr player can land his shots, is the person who wins, even in close range. which makes the DMR>the other guns

DMR overpowered? Pssh have you used the freaking covenant carbine. all you need to do is pull the trigger as quick as possible while aiming at the head. No skill needed

I disagree. The Covenant Carbine is significantly underpowered. It's weak and it's not as accurate as the DMR or BR. Especially from a distance.

Side strafe while 'spamming' headshots.

LOL.

In Halo 4, that is EXACTLY what happens.

2 DMR/BR come to duel, side stepping + headshot spam, and they can spam because the DMR has no bloom. The reticule DOES inflate, but the gun's rounds are unaffected by it.

bottom line, DMR is in a desperate need for a Nerf.

OK look, IF a person can SPAM headshots, that means that player has spent some time honing their skill with maintaining their aim. I'm on of those folks. If you want to "outshoot" me with an AR, you better be close and frankly, you still need luck with that. The BR has a slightly higher rate of fire as well.

Bottom line. The DMR doesn't need nerfing, your game needs improvement if you're getting outstrafed. Own up to it and work on it. I did, the other folks who have a good strafe did. Hell, I still get outstrafed, I don't blame it on the game or the weapons, there's just a few folks that strafe better than I do and that's the way it is.

2 DMR/BR come to duel, side stepping + headshot spam, and they can spam because the DMR has no bloom. The reticule DOES inflate, but the gun's rounds are unaffected by it.

I'm just saying the concept of 'spamming' headshots is ridiculous. Pretty much every shooting game the idea is to 'spam' headshots.

The DMR has become a scape goat.

Were people complaining about the BR in Halo 3 when it was the most overpowered weapon in the entire game.

In Reach there was too much bloom, now there's not enough of it!

where do i report all overpower dmr post? hahaha.. sorry i'm joking.. but seriously? DMR does't need skill, like someone say it before in here: turn the speed of you L stick to 2 and spawn shots with the dmr... EASY MODE On.. go and get em!!

Sorry skill and DMR don't come together.. what about nerf, noob, rage and overpower? for me fits perfectly.

I just think its funny how alot of people think it doesnt require skill to get headshots. LOL

It doesn't require much. It's a skill that can get picked up in 1 or 2 games.

DMR does need a nerf. It's kill time is too quick for a evenly skilled BR player to be competitive against it from any range not to mention the huge advantage the DMR has in being able to 4 shot enemies from across Ragnarok.

I don't think any amount of testing weapons really determines how it will be when you actually consider in lag and 14 other players.

I've been killed in 2 shots from a scoped light rifle. My shots are always on target and I lost a duel against a carbine multiple times.

Shots done by other players with a BR seem to follow in a straight line when they aim for my head because i get my shields dropped on the first shot, and dead on the second.

Halo 4 has so many flaws when it comes to consistency and online stability.

So, I am with OP in saying "Why have 10 other weapons if most people only use the DMR"

i could say the same for using the DMR, side strafe while spamming for headshots, omg...so satisfying.

i dont exactly have a problem with precision weapons, and i have no problem using them myself. but its getting downright stupid how people are neglecting game balance for them wanting there precision weapons to beat all else. if thats the case, remove automatics completly please, so i dont have to deal with this crap.

Bahaha. "Spamming" huh? Bad

Again, "Spam"? Really? You dont "spam" for headshots if your know what you are doing. You aim for the head and shoot. If you are implying that people are getting lucky when they shoot you in the face holes then you are obviously either A. Not very good or B. Just salty because you get out-straffed or cant correctly handle a precision weapon.

Yes. It is almost required for you to use the DMR at this time. I think that this has a lot to with map design too. There are very very few maps that give you the opportunity to use shorter ranged weapons effectively simply because the maps are large are the line of sight is there for the DMR to be effective.

I know we will see some kind of patch for weapon balance in the future but for now I think that we should all calm down and figure out exactly what all of the options for load outs have to offer before we call the DMR broken or "over-powered". Where there is a will there is a way.

It isnt overpowered. It just works differently. Just listen to the names of the 2 rifles in question: BATTLE rifle, designated MARKSMAN rifle. The battle rifle up close has a bit of an advantage because once your enemy thave no sheilds left, any one of the 3 shots that gets shot out can make that last headshot. So you can spray in the general direction of the targtet and as long as the crosshair lands on their face any time before that final bullet comes out in the burst you get a headshot. With the designated MARKSMAN rifle, you have to land that final shot manually yourself each time. you have to preform like a marksman and take presision shots at your enemy to be effective. If you miss even once and fail to be a marksman for even just that second, you can get destroyed. You are relying on your ability as a marksman. If you cant hit some guy whos bouncing all around you, then really any weapon could take you out.

The battle rifle has more room for error. You could miss the first 2 bullets and land the last one for a headshot. You could be shooting a falling guy and as he falls downwards pull the trigger of your battle rifle hitting him with one bullet to the legs, one to the body and then one final shot to the head killing him. It just works differently man. And they also both take the same ammount of body shots to kill.

The light rifle is a combo between the 2 different weapons utilising both functions of 3 shot when unscoped like the battle rifle and single shot prescision shooting like the marksman rifle. And the covenant carbine is uneque in being fast but weak but killing at the same rate. None of them are overpowered, they are just differently powered. They all have benifits in there own uneque way. Its the users personal prefrence

Battle rifle > any loadout gun... DMR is OP we all know this, get over it. I don't have a problem long or medium or close range against a DMR maybe you guys need to work on your aim. And maybe the answer isn't reducing the DMR's power but increasing the pathetic non existent bloom it has.

I always see people saying there was to much bloom in reach but honestly I don't ever remember it being to much of an issue. I think the bigger issue we are having with the headshot guns is the fact that we have loadouts and there are four choices for the same role as opposed to two like other halos. If there is anything to complain about it would be covenant carbine being total balls.