At least two plot holes...

Hamstamammy747

Before I beat Halo 4, on legendary with brother, I noticed two details, one in the gameplay, the other in the ending scenes, both at the ending.

So, how does a Brute Gravity hammer appear on Reqiuem and in the forerunner armory if brutes did not go with the Storm faction? Also, a much less obvious detail exist when Lasky tells John about how he never visited Earth and had learned military subjects at Corbulo Academy. Did Lasky recognize John from his teenage years? He does not specifically mention how John saved him in Forward Unto Dawn and also presents his history casually, though both John and Lasky know that the invasion resulted in many human deaths including Chyler. I would like to believe that the latter detail follows canon but just seems to neglect prior events. The game still has details that I have not completely understood, almost like some weird dream when I consider the different style of this new trilogy. If you have valid reasons for these questions, I hope that you do not present them uncomfortably. I still have clouded perception of Halo 4.

I realize that these examples have minor consequences, considering that Halo writers have great creative minds, but I think that we all could find strong interest in strengthening or weakening our feelings of a new complex story by searching for possible story defects or fantastic originality.

• Like 1

I do think Laskey recognize master chief, I mean he saved his life and spartans are famous, master chief is a legend. I think Laskey brought it up to point it out to master chief, maybe to see if he remembered and if he did maybe to remind him that he knows what its like to loose someone close. Overall no idea if the masterchief would remmember. Lots of war, lost of dead friends. I truthfully think the point was to show that he knows how the master chief feels. The closes person Laskey was too was Chyler, the closes person master chief was closes to was cortana.

As for the Brute Gravity hammer, this is also only my opinion but if you read the books that take place after halo 3 you will see the covenant are all messed up. The elites are having to almost restart. Learning to repair stuff, make weapons and even grow food. In my view the hammer could easily have been taken just because it was a weapon. The elites hate using human weapons and the hammer may be more of a gray line. Also all covenant technology comes from forunner tech and so the hammer could be an original by the forunners before aboption by the covenant.

Yeah I mean, with the difference in Lasky's age between forward unto dawn and halo 4, I dont think theyd be like "oh hey man remember that time you saved my ass when i was a kid!?" and plus, theyre both high ranks in the UNSC, they would be very serious people. they wouldnt kid around and giggle and reminisce on old times in the middle of war. obviously whoever wrote all that has never met a real veteran or seen combat.

Yeah I mean, with the difference in Lasky's age between forward unto dawn and halo 4, I dont think theyd be like "oh hey man remember that time you saved my ass when i was a kid!?" and plus, theyre both high ranks in the UNSC, they would be very serious people. they wouldnt kid around and giggle and reminisce on old times in the middle of war. obviously whoever wrote all that has never met a real veteran or seen combat.

Wrote what? The ending? The "never thought I’d see you again"? Overall I disagree with that. Both sides of my family are military. A lot of my closes friend have been stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think halo 4's script is pretty good.

Master Chief at the end is how he should be a battle scarred, hero that only wants comfort from someone he is close to. While Lasky has been pampered due to his mothers high rank and his own high rank and works things out differently due to his lack of harden combat. In the end I think Halo 4 hit the nail on the head.

Out of the Special Ops guys I know, a Spartan fits them perfect. Anti-social for the most part and when grieving only wants comfort in their closes of friends. This is a problem for master chief because his only friend is now dead, and so are all the others he was close to (keys? Johnson?). In the end chief really didn't hear anything Lasky said except the last bit that only grabbed his ear because it was what Cortana had said, and that is what he is left with. I also liked the fact of him shedding his armor, at less for the time being. I once had an old black ops guy tell me that "it’s the people that consume themselves with this lifestyle that loose there soul or their mind and probably both in the end." Every warrior need to shed thier "armor" now and then or you forget who you really are. Sure its not "manly", but it is human.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...