How Can 343 Fail this Hard?

Fredex

I have encountered games with dodgy server issues before but I have never wanted to play with friends only to find I have been shoved onto some manner of backup server, assumedly situated in the centre of a black hole...

The explanation given for this is just overly patronising and frankly ridiculous.

'In previous Halo titles, you’re dependent on the servers to get the information you needed for Matchmaking, and if they go down, you can’t play. Fallback hoppers are a new functionality for Halo 4, and they allow people to continue playing Halo 4 when there are server issues.'

In previous Halo titles I was never unable to play whilst friends were all merrily prancing about in a game... hmm, that sounded overly camp. Whatever.

Frankly I may as well simply be unable to play, there being only around 1000 people on the poxy server I have been assigned to and none of my preferred game types.

I have no indication nor idea of if/when I will be back onto a real server and able to play again or indeed why this is only happening to me of all my friends. The day 1 server issues were a joke but apparently it now seems as if they can occur again at any time without warning... how fun.

• Like 1

Now that it's working at last it seems to reset my armour, loadouts and any other customisation options every single time I restart the game...

Every single armour piece, emblem, weapon and ability now has a star next to it so I can't even see new stuff at a glance.