Temporary Xp Ban

OddKoD

I apologize if this is the incorrect spot to post this, but I'm new to the forum and am just wishfully hoping to get some answers from some knowledgable Halo 4 players and possibly someone from 343.

I've been playing Halo a LONG time, and have had received no messages in game from Bungie/343 before yesterday.

I was xp banned shortly after playing Regicide with a guest (my nephew, he's 8.) and 2 other online friends with their guests. So we had a full team of 6. Everything seemed terrific as we were just playing a legitimate FFA in an online Regicide gametype about 4-5 times, but it wasn't until after we were all done and I was alone in SWAT and I got a message on Halo 4 saying "You've been temporarily banned from earning xp." It also tells you to look at www.halo4.com/ban which just leads you to ANOTHER Halo website that has no information on anything relatively close to a "ban".

So along with frusteration with searching a hopeless site, and worry sets in on how long this is actually going to take, I begin to search online for some answers and am reluctant to have none as of yet.

How did we do something wrong? If 343 doesn't want guests in a Regicide or FFA gametype, as soon as you turn on your second controller (like any other first person shooter that limits guest gameplay) the option to select Regicide should then be greyed out. We could have easily not played FFA with guests, IF it's somehow wrong, if we had only been displayed some sort of warning we wouldn't have done it.

I've never heard of this happening to anyone before until yesterday, when I look at forums and see multiple people with the SAME problem. The SAME problem, playing the same gametype with a guest, then going to SWAT afterwards and getting the SAME xp ban message.

What it comes down to is everyone "thinks" it was an issue with the guest, but not definite. So we're in agreement then, don't let guests play the gametype and people wont get banned and then won't be frusterated with 343 for doing nothing wrong. Solved.

I think I ask this for all of us with this issue more importantly,

When is our Xp ban lifted? We just...want to play!

P.S keep your opinions to yourselves, like most posts that get out of control and troll. Just as a gamer to a gamer, help someone out here. Please

In addition. Out of my 3 friends that played Regicide, I was the only one to encounter this problem. Please help!

Thank you, OddKoD

• Like 2

Unfortunately Mate, weather or not you are telling the truth and you were innocently playing with friends and guests or you're lying and were XP farming, you will never get hold of 343.

When I couldn't connect to the Halo 4 servers for 36 Hours I made countless posts on the Halo Forums and got no replies and there is no way of directly contacting them as they have no phone lines or email addresses

we can directly go to for customer support.

Alas, 343's community support team is lacking!

Sorry mate!

I've recieved this same ban. I will admit I was signing in with a guest on Regicide to get the Ventator armor. I had never heard of the previous bans because I started in Reach and played clean. Halo 3 I didn't play multiplayer at all.

To Answer your questions:

1. The length of a ban depends. I've heard of people who get one-day bans and another who got a three-day ban.

2.The website URL is glitchy (FYI I'm kinda a computer nerd) so you CAN get to the website but you just have to try closing your web browser and trying again and again.

3. As Blacklight said 343 are kinda closed off. Meaning they have no phone number no email and no...well ANYTHING to contact them with.

I bet 343 are laughing this ASSES off with all the ban talk. They probably aren't even trying to fix it for unfair bans (Yes I belive soem people out there are unfairly banned).

Thanks for your time,

Overated Fishdy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...