What do you need?.............

Field of Mangos

Trying to get a coherent sense of what the community would like to see here. If modifications were made to multiplayer like:

- Traditional 1-50 ranking system

- Slayer Pro (with radar)

- DMR nerf

- Grenade buff

- Removal of Mantis from ranked matches

Would this be enough to praise the H4 MM? I feel like 343 is really close to getting this right, but obviously are trying different things out to A.) put their own spin on things and B.) to see what does/does not work.

I can't help but think that there are a lot of people who just don't have the attention span to wait a month or two for a ranking system, but I feel like a lot of people would be quick to call Halo #1 again if it just had that. I feel that the suggestions listed above bring this game closer to H2/3 which was Halo's Golden Age. Please share your thoughts.

Honestly the things I'd like to see most:

Reduced head hitboxes. It's absurd when you get headshots that completely miss.

Vehicles not so flimsy. With as easy as it is to get power weapons with ordinance, I don't see buffing vehicles a little bit as a problem.

I'm still up in the air about the DMR too. I've used both the DMR and BR pretty substantially in MP and they seem to have their roles. I feel the BR is superior at short/mid range against a DMR.

Honestly the things I'd like to see most:

Reduced head hitboxes. It's absurd when you get headshots that completely miss.

Vehicles not so flimsy. With as easy as it is to get power weapons with ordinance, I don't see buffing vehicles a little bit as a problem.

I'm still up in the air about the DMR too. I've used both the DMR and BR pretty substantially in MP and they seem to have their roles. I feel the BR is superior at short/mid range against a DMR.

I agree on the point about BR vs. DMR. Actually, I'm an almost exclusive BR guy, and I've really not encountered too many issues against the DMR, except that I think it's way OP at long range. On a map like Ragnarok, I can be getting shot at long range like it's no issue for the other player. The bloom really needs to increase on the DMR.

Trying to get a coherent sense of what the community would like to see here. If modifications were made to multiplayer like:

- Traditional 1-50 ranking system

- Slayer Pro (with radar)

- DMR nerf

- Grenade buff

- Removal of Mantis from ranked matches

Would this be enough to praise the H4 MM? I feel like 343 is really close to getting this right, but obviously are trying different things out to A.) put their own spin on things and B.) to see what does/does not work.

I can't help but think that there are a lot of people who just don't have the attention span to wait a month or two for a ranking system, but I feel like a lot of people would be quick to call Halo #1 again if it just had that. I feel that the suggestions listed above bring this game closer to H2/3 which was Halo's Golden Age. Please share your thoughts.

I think you are 100% correct. Mantis has gotta go in RANKED, not the current playlist set up. Really, I think any and all vehicle maps except BTB should not have any good vehicles (i.e. wraiths, and banshees). In H3, the maps that had vehicles for CTF and stuff were ghosts and mongooses. Need to bring back that mentality and lose the crutch we have been given.

Secondly, drop the join-in-jump-out garbage system for ranked. Take what GOW 3 did with there ranked games and social games. At the very least punish people for leaving ranked games like GOW 3 did.

Lastly, the ranking system is coming out Early 2013. We probably will not see it before then. It sucks I know but just enjoy the game the best you can right now.