Hey 343, here is what we we think about Cortana! (spoilers)

walrus munchies

I know there have been many threads out there discussing Cortana's death, possible survival, and why she needs to be in Halo. I just thought there needed to be a thread dedicated to letting 343i know that the community they adopted wants Cortana.

I just want to say that i think that 343i did a great job making Halo 4, but if Cortana doesn't return, it just won't be Halo anymore.

I know some theorize that 343i has already planned out the whole trilogy and that she might already be planned to come back. In case they either have decided to not bring her back (which is unlikely i think) or haven't decided yet, i want to let them know that its fan base wants Cortana.

We played with the Chief and Cortana for 11 years, it wouldn't feel like Halo without her. Besides, 343i made the chief make Cortana a promise... he promised her it would be okay. You don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it. The Chief keeps his promises.

343i i really hope that you keep Cortana we all want her, the Halo franchise will be ruined if she is gone completely like this.

Please post, and get this Topic to 343's attention.

Any haters who want her dead, you can post a keep the ball rolling if u want :)

Keep her Alive!

• Like 3

Are you dumb?

Why didn't you put any spoiler alert?

And guess what?

343 Industries has no affiliation with this website.

Their official website is

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.

This is a COMMUNITY based forum.

Never mind, I see it now...

Edited by Death Rhino

First off, don't say "we". This is what you think, not the community. And 343 did the plan the whole trilogy out, and Halo 5 is supposed to be the darkest game in the series. It would be darker if Cortana wasn't in it because chief would be depressed so I think we won't see her until Halo 6, and even though I honestly wouldn't want her back(even though I really like her character) because it would make her sacrifice seem less meaningful.

I like Cortana. She does get annoying in Legendary when she incessantly encourages you to hurry up over... and over... and over. However, as a character in the story, she's vital. She's got spunk. She's got character. She's vital to Chief's success.

Most of all, she's not dead. We did not see her die. She will be retrieved in the next game.

Also, if you listen to one of the terminals, Halsey speaks of an anomaly in her AI... one that interrupts the 7(?)-year lifespan of an AI like Cortana. I imagine it's something Cortana did herself.

One hope I have for Halo 5 is that it's not based entirely on retrieving or saving Cortana.

And I agree with Sierra1117. Not all of us think alike.

Also, does anyone believe she'll be transformed into a human in Halo 6?

She and chief could live happily ever after.

I don't think Chief can ever live happily ever after. As much as I want his adventures to always continue, I know that he's going to have to have a heros death.

wait, I thought all the spartan 2's had their sex drive removed, so cortana and cheif could never end up living out their days.

I hope he doesn't die. The "heroic soldier sacrifices for the rest of the world" thing is really tired and cliche. Can we for once have a hero live and carry on with life?

Hopefully 343 can break the mold for once and be different.

Unfortunately, all the Chief knows is war, and thus he cannot survive in a society at peace. What purpose does he serve? There would be no point for him to be there. Even aboard a ship like the Infinity, as a training instructor, is that really enough for somebody who's been through as much as the Chief has?

Sierra1117 has the right of it, IMO.

Unfortunately, all the Chief knows is war, and thus he cannot survive in a society at peace. What purpose does he serve? There would be no point for him to be there. Even aboard a ship like the Infinity, as a training instructor, is that really enough for somebody who's been through as much as the Chief has?

It's a possibility, but if it does end up with his sacrifice, I'll be really disappointed. I'll probably be sitting there thinking "Yay...how original...".

Sierra1117 has the right of it, IMO.

Ahhh, but that seems to be the theme of Halo 4, turning Master Chief back into a human being.

Also, I have a feeling that Cortana will be back. One way or another.

• Like 1

Alright I am going to give you guys the secret. Wait, super secret ultra leaked information. Yes this is major, Cortana is going to be replaced by a sexually androgynous new pink AI named Bunny voiced by Justin Bieber. The new AI will constantly say "Baby, Baby, baby" and "I am not a girl, really" Also it will constantly tell you to check out it's twitter page, and talk about what the chief looks like naked while insisting he is not ***. His AI chip will be called the closet.

This is the truth, I totally swear on it on your mothers graves. Kim K just tweeted she can't wait to play Holler 5 (I think she meant Halo 5) cause she is such a huge fan and that she thinks the Biebs will be as big a hit as her pre inflatable backside. Meanwile Gomez just tweeted that she will refuse to play Halon 5 cause she is tired of pretending that Justin likes girls. She insists that Haldal 5 is her favorite game and is sad that she woun't be able to play as Sarahh 90210. Cause that's her most favorite video game character.

Biebs insists he will knock it out of the park as Bunny will be pop locking to his own music and he plans on doing the score. He says he is sure the fans will love the scene in which the Diadac spanks poor bunny.

Ah welcome to the new Halo universe, based on pop culture and produced by mtv. He will also be releasing a new single Spartan Spartan Spartan Oh. Hopefully Taylor Swift will alsoo be in the game. She could be like the new Ship Captain.

• Like 2

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself to become the villain."

LOL quoting Batman. WTF has that to do with Halo

It applies to what we're talking about.

Ahhh, but that seems to be the theme of Halo 4, turning Master Chief back into a human being.

I agree with you, and the loss of Cortana definitely helps with that, but for any human, super-soldier or not, going through everything Chief shakes you to your core. And I don't think he can live in a galaxy that doesn't need saving, because that's all he knows, "protecting earth and her colonies"
  • Like 1