Weapons are balanced, stop complaining.

Antics

That is right kids. Stop your whinging. I have seen it all before.

The DMR is not OP

The Boltshot is not OP

The Binary Rifle is not OP... man that hurts to say but in the context of the big picture it is true.

The Shotgun is not OP

The Scattergun is not OP

etc etc etc

And for gods sake we do not... DO NOT need bloom on the DMR.

Stop complaining about a game that has been developed perfectly over a matter of years, it was not slapped together at the last moment.

The moment all the whingers (the vocal minority) get their way it will hurt overall population and spawn the next wave of complaining about other factors. You can not please everyone and i hope 343 realise this and don't do a title update for a looong time.

• Like 1

The DMR is slightly OP compared to other precision starting loadouts.

precision weapons in general are slightly OP compared to automatic weapons (against talking about loadouts)

the DMR needs a weakness

Close range, an AR spammer only hitting half his shots will out do a DMR or any precision weapon at close range.

Close range, an AR spammer only hitting half his shots will out do a DMR or any precision weapon at close range.

incorrect, they have similar kill times so long as the DMR user does not miss.

assuming a skilled DMR user, and not your avg joe, which is how weapon balance is supposed to be done. this is not a effective drawback, a drawback is something that cannot be overcome by something like skill. example, autmoatic weapons cannot hit at long range, no matter how skilled you are.

quite simply, precision weapons need a slight damage nerf, there kill times should be slightly slower due to the fact that they can engage at any range while a autmoatic weapon user is relegated to short/medium range at best.

only then will there be balance. atm a precision weapon user is not suitably punished for letting a automatic weapon user in close, yet a automatic weapon user is punished every single time they are caught in the open for a second.

incorrect, they have similar kill times so long as the DMR user does not miss.

assuming a skilled DMR user, and not your avg joe, which is how weapon balance is supposed to be done. this is not a effective drawback, a drawback is something that cannot be overcome by something like skill. example, autmoatic weapons cannot hit at long range, no matter how skilled you are.

quite simply, precision weapons need a slight damage nerf, there kill times should be slightly slower due to the fact that they can engage at any range while a autmoatic weapon user is relegated to short/medium range at best.

only then will there be balance. atm a precision weapon user is not suitably punished for letting a automatic weapon user in close, yet a automatic weapon user is punished every single time they are caught in the open for a second.

I hear what you are saying but i am going to have to disagree. At close range based on playing every day since launch my experience suggests that at close range an Assault Rifle has a much quicker kill time than a DMR. I believe in my experiences that is fact and unless shown some testing to refute that fact i maintain my opinion that at close range AR > DMR

I hear what you are saying but i am going to have to disagree. At close range based on playing every day since launch my experience suggests that at close range an Assault Rifle has a much quicker kill time than a DMR. I believe in my experiences that is fact and unless shown some testing to refute that fact i maintain my opinion that at close range AR > DMR

look it up on youtube

link me to a youtube video, you are trying to convince me my opinion is wrong remember

your missing my point, it shouldnt be a contest, if they both start shootting at remotely the same time the close range weapon user should win so long as both people are hitting with all there bullets.

assault weapons are mainly CQ, precision weapons mainly long range, with some flavor that encroaches on the medium range (BR, unscoped LR, AR burst firing)

DMR needs a kill time of about 1.8 seconds similar to the DMR

That is right kids. Stop your whinging. I have seen it all before.

The moment all the whingers (the vocal minority) get their way it will hurt overall population and spawn the next wave of complaining about other factors. You can not please everyone and i hope 343 realise this and don't do a title update for a looong time.

In 6 months a few minor tweets to the primary weapons might be ok but for now let it play out. I think for the casuals and competitive's some loadout abilities need tweaked. the Concept of the thruster pack is awesome but the reality is pathetic. 3rd person jump and being slower than just running.

DMR needs a kill time of about 1.8 seconds similar to the DMR

No Comment. On that ^^

Once again. You are trying to say that Weapon choice should be the decider over Player Skill. Weapon choice is a skill but only in the sense that if you pick a better weapon and use it perfectly you will win. Which is True. The AR has a FASTER kill time than the DMR. You can mill 2 bullets with the AR and still win. If the DMR user misses with 1 or fails to hit the headshot that gives you another 3-5 bullets for the AR user to kill him. Those stats are assuming the DMR user fired as fast as possible which makes missing even more likely.

GO AWAY. YOU ARE PURPOSELY IGNORANT AND A LIAR. (to others). Go to Don't make the Reach mistake to understand my despise for him. I Like a debate. I can disagree with him as my first paragraph outlines. But he continues to lie and make obviously false statements based on him getting PWNED in game.. Is all I can assume cause real data anywhere doesn't support any of his claims about weapon Kill times.

lol i was tired sue me :P

but, the problem is you think the only deciding factor should be your aim. there is more to that in a 3d environment where you are capable of movement. positioning, flanking, etc, all important. if you dont have weapon balance, and rely soley on aim as the only viable skill determinable factor then the gun that rewards that the most will be the only gun used. Thsi is why that gun, and others, need a defineable drawback that cant be overcome with skill. the easiest, and most sensible way is to make weapons more effective vs others at certain ranges. atm assuming skill/aim, the DMR simply doesnt have a drawback, saying its hard to land the shots in CQC with a DMR isnt a valid reason for balance simply cuz it can completly be erased by player skill.

again you call me al iar, im not, DMR kills in roughly 1.6 seconds, BR 1.8. ive seen info stating AR is 1.7, but im not sure i trust it yet, been scouring for more info on that one.

you dont want a debate, you want your cake and to eat it too, its obvious to anyone with an iota of critical thinking skills. /sigh, your mad, its ok, but your also wrong, and in the wrong.

It's all very well you saying that everything is ok, but thats just your opinion. I don't see how you can argue the case about the dmr being OP. The Dmr is now so powerful that if someone starts to shoot you with it, the chances of getting away are tiny. its a game of who see's who first. A little like COD

We don't need bloom on the DMR. Why reintroduce something that contributed towards Reach failing? Yes, the DMR is slightly overpowered, but we just need a decrease in rate of fire on the weapon. I don't want randomness such as bloom plaguing the game again.

And the Boltshot IS overpowered. As I've said in a previous thread, I can't even get killed with Shotguns and Scattershots from the range that the Boltshot has been killing me from. It's a bloody starting weapon and it's beating power weapons! Either it's overpowered, or it's working fine and shouldn't be a starting weapon, because at the moment it's a Forerunner Pistol beating the Forerunner Shotgun at its own game.

We don't need bloom on the DMR. Why reintroduce something that contributed towards Reach failing? Yes, the DMR is slightly overpowered, but we just need a decrease in rate of fire on the weapon. I don't want randomness such as bloom plaguing the game again.

And the Boltshot IS overpowered. As I've said in a previous thread, I can't even get killed with Shotguns and Scattershots from the range that the Boltshot has been killing me from. It's a bloody starting weapon and it's beating power weapons! Either it's overpowered, or it's working fine and shouldn't be a starting weapon, because at the moment it's a Forerunner Pistol beating the Forerunner Shotgun at its own game.

bloom didnt contribute to reaches failing, the fact that it was a prequal did somewhat, the gaming worlds climate, PR, other games coming out at the time, etc. at most you can say is they implemented bloom in a sloppy way. bloom isnt random, it punishes someone for taking too many shots in quick succession, you wait until the "bloom" lessens and shoot again, easy concept. it isnt random, it punishes hasty players.

and until we get more people with the same experience as you with the boltshot i dont htink its OP, ive never been killed by it much outside of melee range.

bloom didnt contribute to reaches failing, the fact that it was a prequal did somewhat, the gaming worlds climate, PR, other games coming out at the time, etc. at most you can say is they implemented bloom in a sloppy way. bloom isnt random, it punishes someone for taking too many shots in quick succession, you wait until the "bloom" lessens and shoot again, easy concept. it isnt random, it punishes hasty players.

and until we get more people with the same experience as you with the boltshot i dont htink its OP, ive never been killed by it much outside of melee range.

From my experience, bloom is only good for automatic weapons. It doesn't belong on weapons such as the BR, DMR, Carbine, etc. because it simply can't be implemented well enough and have an effect at the same time. Just look at the Halo 4 DMR. That is the ideal bloom, but there's no point to it because it resets as soon as you are able to fire off another shot. It simply has a better effect on automatic weapons because of the constant rate of fire, and bloom keeps them in check for when they're being fired at longer ranges. People shouldn't be punished for out-shooting someone with a precision weapon.

As for the Boltshot problem, I believe that there are many people who aren't too happy about the Boltshot's current state. Now, I'm not trying to shoot people's opinions down in flames if they think that the Boltshot is fine, but answer me this folks: What is the point in the standard shots on that thing if they're weak as hell and the charged shots can instantly kill people? Making it take down shields rather than having it instantly kill people would actually make the standard shots have a purpose, in my opinion. Not to mention that it would make the Boltshot take a little more skill to get kills. It wouldn't make it useless, it would just be more on par with the other sidearms.

Totally disagree. I had to stop playing Reach because of the bloom. Everyone competitive player I knew absolutely hated the bloom in Reach too which is why they stopped playing, whereas Halo 3 they still play. Being a prequel has little to do with it imo.

I think the bolt shot is OP. Decrease the range and increase the charge time by a little and it should be fine. I've had the same experience as SpaceWolf.

From my experience, bloom is only good for automatic weapons. It doesn't belong on weapons such as the BR, DMR, Carbine, etc. because it simply can't be implemented well enough and have an effect at the same time. Just look at the Halo 4 DMR. That is the ideal bloom, but there's no point to it because it resets as soon as you are able to fire off another shot. It simply has a better effect on automatic weapons because of the constant rate of fire, and bloom keeps them in check for when they're being fired at longer ranges. People shouldn't be punished for out-shooting someone with a precision weapon.

bloom is just one idea, however ill say this. you were only punished when you tried to shoot faster then the bloom reset. so it punished hasty players only.

As for the Boltshot problem, I believe that there are many people who aren't too happy about the Boltshot's current state. Now, I'm not trying to shoot people's opinions down in flames if they think that the Boltshot is fine, but answer me this folks: What is the point in the standard shots on that thing if they're weak as hell and the charged shots can instantly kill people? Making it take down shields rather than having it instantly kill people would actually make the standard shots have a purpose, in my opinion. Not to mention that it would make the Boltshot take a little more skill to get kills. It wouldn't make it useless, it would just be more on par with the other sidearms.

sounds like a clone of hte plasma pistol at that point, without the range or hte ability to stop vehicles.

Totally disagree. I had to stop playing Reach because of the bloom. Everyone competitive player I knew absolutely hated the bloom in Reach too which is why they stopped playing, whereas Halo 3 they still play. Being a prequel has little to do with it imo.

you know whats the same across competitive players? they want an edge. if a game was truly balanced competitive players would HATE it because they cant gain leverage outside of personal skill. now, maybe reach implemented bloom in a sloppy/bad way, but id ont think it was exactly a bad thing. I found the bloom promoted control over spray and pray. the only drawback is if someone was really lucky and there spray and pray paid off it killed the guy using controlled fire. but ive said it before bloom is just one option, and not a required one.

I think the bolt shot is OP. Decrease the range and increase the charge time by a little and it should be fine. I've had the same experience as SpaceWolf.

hey if its OP change it, ive just yet to experienced being killed by it by much outside melee range. it is possible that lag played a part in your perception of the range as well (possibly, not certainly)

W01FE you are ******* retarted or something get good quit halo play a diffrent game with ur bloom and easy guns go cry somehwere else about the people who outplay you every day even if you had the smallest bit of player skill it wouldn't be hard to distinguish that the dmr has drawbacks stop missleadings codfags into thinking its some unholy op weapon from hell gtfo

• Like 1

W01FE you are ******* retarted or something get good quit halo play a diffrent game with ur bloom and easy guns go cry somehwere else about the people who outplay you every day even if you had the smallest bit of player skill it wouldn't be hard to distinguish that the dmr has drawbacks stop missleadings codfags into thinking its some unholy op weapon from hell gtfo

it has no drawbacks that cannot be overcome by player skill. ive also made no mention of my win/loss ratio ingame, nor have i ever. i also said, more then once that bloom is just one option, not the only option. so your doing a good job of putting words in my mouth bud!

but i get it, you dont want your edge weapon to be touched, so your jumping on me. thats ok too, your not hte first, nor will you be the last.