Spartans Ops failed and needs a fix.

Jointarn

And here's why:

• Doing the challenges, and/or wanting the stats of completing Spartans Ops mission on high difficulty, has no challenge what-so-ever. I did Legendary on one mission, just bombrushed grenades, got killed, respawned and then went back to throwing the grenades. It was more or less like farming in an MMO, but without having to have to survive throughout the process.
  • The one thing it's replacing was firefight, which I'd rather just call Horde.. Or survival, whatever you wanna call it. This game-mode, is legendary. Especially in it's originality (which as some people might say is from Gears of War, but you can find this game-mode in many other games, mostly RTS games) needless to say, that mode, is fun. It's a nice way to spend time by doing something meaningful in games. It gives a rewarding feeling, combined with very simple gaming. Spartans Ops, doesn't have that in the same sense of manner. Spartans Ops, feels like recycled maps, that have been pushed to their limits by stuff I don't really wanna do. It's not the same kind of, entertaining feel to it, because sooner or later you actually beat it. Which takes out one of the best parts of its predecessor.

Not to mention the fact that it's very repetitive, it's nothing you'd really wanna get back into. Firefight/Horde, was repetitive, but with endless amounts of combinations to that. Firefight, was a good gamemode, and should be taken back, as an apology to us loyal fans for believing in this new gamemode. This new gamemode, has no rewarding feel to it, because it has no achievements, it's pretty much the same thing over and over again every chapter and to sum it all up, it doesn't even have twists. Down with the spartans ops I say, which reminds me of old games from the 2000s, that in their own sense, would get horrible reviews. Yes, Spartans Ops, reminds me of games with horrible reviews.
  • The lag.. Oh god that lag.. It doesn't even run smoothly. The graphics even look distorted, in comparison to wargames and the campaign..
  • The story is friggin bogus. I was expecting something intense. Not a box swallowing "eggheads" that just look like the typical stereotypes of an engineer/scientist... The story, more or less feels like a new way to try out ODST, but without giving the characters that hero-feeling, we've always got from our Halo characters. The story actually reminds me of the Clone Wars movie for StarWars, and it's entire childish show that came from it. Which is really bad. Halo 4, really got back into the Halo spirit. Why couldn't this have too?
  • The best thing about Firefight, is that it has what Halo 4 doesn't at all right now.. Really, this one I didn't think about, but remember in Halo 1 and 2, when waves of enemies came at us, and all we did was deal with them one at a time? Like, aboard the first covenant ship we ever boarded, and we had to put up with wave after wave of enemies comming in on us? I liked that.. Halo 4 doesn't have that thing, anywhere in the campaign.. We could have atleast seen it, in our custom game modes..

Else, I am really satisfied with this game. But please oh please, bring back Firefight. Just cancel all your plans on Spartan Ops. I'm not interested. And god, I will spit on the tv, the next time I see that retarded new AI aboard the Infinity. o_O

EDIT: I just realized my topic headline was that Spartan Ops needs a fix, and then I write down how it should be removed.. Needless, it could work if it gave us a new experience every now and then, whilst also giving us a rewarding feel to it. But it can't replace firefight.

• Like 1

Then make the story more interesting, give it the same feeling Halo has, and not some retarded Child story that recycles boring maps. :P

So you know exactly how this story is going to play out after just 2 episodes? I wish I had your insight, maybe I wouldn't have watched so much Lost if I had know how it was going to end after 2 episodes.

So far, I am not a fan of Spartan Ops. I miss invasion and Firefight. I liked the change up of having to defend a particular location rather then assaulting all the time, but being attacked and trying to figure out the best way to deal with the waves of enemies. I would like it if they brought Firefight back or at least gave us some defensive type missions in Spartan Ops. Also, infinite respawns is stupid.