War Games is too hard!!!!!

marcus903

I have played my last game of War Games because it is way to damn hard.

Overpowered weapons, unfair kills, overused tactics, and impossible kills.

I am having a hard time getting kills because of unfair deaths. I am also sick of getting paired with people better than me.

So, somebody needs to address this, tweek it, or at least place a combat training feature so that I can get better at this game.

/rant

it is a big change from Halo Reach,but keep at it, im getting better, i started as garbage, now average, forget your K/D ratio and just play.

plus the maps have been built in such a way that map control is a lot harder, unless your in a very good and organised team, play for fun...I do

• Like 2

It all feels like second nature to me, i don't seem to be having any difficulty..sure i'm not getting a crazy amount of kills..i average 15 but i always seem to go + so that's fine by me, i hated Halo reach..stuck with it up to major and the game just ended up boring the crap out of me, thought this would be the same but it feels similar to H3 to me..maybe that's just because the BR is back though

Get rid of instant respawns/killcams. Make everyone start with the same weapon/equipment. This is Halo, not Call of Duty.

I totally agree with you. I'm not sure why 343 has taken Halo in the direction of Call of Duty. Scrap the load outs, instant respawns, and the kill cams. Everytime I watch the killcam I get choked because it looks as though the guy is hitting everything but me. I'm sure this isn't really the case......right?

I totally agree with you. I'm not sure why 343 has taken Halo in the direction of Call of Duty. Scrap the load outs, instant respawns, and the kill cams. Everytime I watch the killcam I get choked because it looks as though the guy is hitting everything but me. I'm sure this isn't really the case......right?

I notice this about the killcams too. I think its a bug. Which sucks, because sometimes I want to know how I was shot in the head from behind a rock, but all the camera shows me is the guy shooting at a wall 30 feet away.

Listen kid, I don't want to be a troll but did you seriously just make a thread which basically says... "I suck, change the game so I can get better?"

There is campaign, which will give you the basics of movement, targeting, etc. If you want Multiplayer practice then play some objective games, like King of the Hill. King of the hill everybody is going to ONE place, the hill, so it's easy to practice targeting, sniping, etc.

I don't see how 343 could make a "practice multiplayer" because everybody plays differently. You can't expect them to account for the millions of different play styles which exist, lol- that's what campaign is for.

Otherwise, be creative and develop your own style. I am a patient player so I like to stalk around using active camo. If there is anything to be said about Halo it's that "patience is a virtue" - don't rush, it's about the dumbest thing you can do.

As far as load-outs go, well, the load-outs in Halo are for the most part pretty even. It's not like COD, because in COD you can spawn with a sniper and other weapons that would be considered a "power-weapon" in Halo. Imagine if you could pop with a sniper in Halo, GOD, that would ruin the game. I like being able to customize my AA, and weapon loadout. I mean, there are three different types of weapons that are all similar: UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner. Some may prefer one over another but they're all similar, regardless, making the playing field pretty even all the time.

It's not COD, it's Halo, PERIOD.

You will get better. My first Infinity Slayer match - 2 kills, 12 deaths - absolutely pathetic. Now, after playing for a while, I'm averaging 15-20 kills and about 9 deaths per game. That's still pretty crappy to most people, but I'm proud of the progress I've made in a week.

Stick with it, relax, adapt and just have fun. We all rage at the mistakes we make, but we learn from them, and we improve.

Listen kid, I don't want to be a troll but did you seriously just make a thread which basically says... "I suck, change the game so I can get better?"

There is campaign, which will give you the basics of movement, targeting, etc. If you want Multiplayer practice then play some objective games, like King of the Hill. King of the hill everybody is going to ONE place, the hill, so it's easy to practice targeting, sniping, etc.

I don't see how 343 could make a "practice multiplayer" because everybody plays differently. You can't expect them to account for the millions of different play styles which exist, lol- that's what campaign is for.

Otherwise, be creative and develop your own style. I am a patient player so I like to stalk around using active camo. If there is anything to be said about Halo it's that "patience is a virtue" - don't rush, it's about the dumbest thing you can do.

As far as load-outs go, well, the load-outs in Halo are for the most part pretty even. It's not like COD, because in COD you can spawn with a sniper and other weapons that would be considered a "power-weapon" in Halo. Imagine if you could pop with a sniper in Halo, GOD, that would ruin the game. I like being able to customize my AA, and weapon loadout. I mean, there are three different types of weapons that are all similar: UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner. Some may prefer one over another but they're all similar, regardless, making the playing field pretty even all the time.

It's not COD, it's Halo, PERIOD.

Wow, after reading this post (and the replies at Halo Waypoint of the same thread I posted), I can see that some people have mental issues understanding that just because they're better than me doesn't make their opinion superior.

CoD multiplayer is even worse. You get killed in TWO shots and the overused bombs that are thrown by several airplanes because of some highly skilled noob. And again, why the hell do YOU think I'm comparing this game to CoD? Why are people constantly calling someone 'kid' because they admitted that they are having trouble playing a competitive multiplayer mode?

And why in the world do you think this game doesn't need a 'practice mode'? Custom Games do NOT help, and King of the Hill do NOT help because you are still playing against human players. I need a practice mode where you play against bots. By 'bots', I don't mean grunts, hunters, elites, jackals, or other character from the campaign. A mode that hooks you up with ai-controlled spartans to help you practice. I am getting sick of getting matched up with people 10x better than me. Though, I do admit that I am getting kind of better. But I'll get even better if there was a practice mode.

Seriously you grown guthole, you're not 'superior' because you think you know everything. This isn't how learning how to play the game works. Start being helpful instead of a complete smartass.

Thank You.

Wow, calm down. I thought I was quite conservative there. I did make suggestions to try and help you in that i suggested playing an objective game like 'King of the Hill'. Seeing as there is no "practice" mode with AI Spartan bots, I figured you'd realize a fair compromise, but I guess you're obviously too stupid. In reality, this post should be flamed, trolled, and laughed at until you either delete it or throw your notebook across the room.

The COD reference was in reply to some of the other replies in this thread. Seeing as you didn't mention COD, I figured you would have been smart enough to realize that I wasn't referencing you, but apparently you're the type in which the whole universe must revolve around you.

This is a stupid question. They aren't going to f***ing change the game just because ONE person would like to have "spartan" AI bots to play against, which would be NOTHING like playing against a real human anyway, it would just be campaign mode with spartans. No Halo should ever have this anyway. You get in there determined to win, learn from your mistakes, improve and move on- that's how it goes. I don't see how AI spartans would help you? How is that any different from AI anything else? If anything, the campaign bots are harder for the most part, but they lack human intelligence and strategy.

If you can't handle it, get out. If you aren't willing to compromise then this is the dumbest thread I've seen as it's completely pointless unless your goal is to be whiney and annoying.

You can't compare Call of Duty and Halo's loadouts.. If Halo had multiple different automatic weapons, snipers, shotguns, etc., then I guarantee the loadouts would be similar. Loadouts just don't even make sense though. The covenant weapons are just a waste of space, suppressors overpowered, I'm convinced everything but the AR and DMR are useless, and somewhat the BR. They wouldn't let you spawn with a sniper in this game because the sniper is overpowered in this game. It actually takes skill to use a sniper effectively in Call of Duty. Spawning with a shotgun in this game will provide nothing but campers, but in Call of Duty people actually sprint around with a shotgun getting killstreaks. Loadouts, killcams, and instant respawn just weren't ever necessary, Halo was fine the way it was.

Oh dear, some of you people need to grow up. The forums are going to 5h1t because of threads like these. People these days have no love for the game itself, they only care about it's image and how it stacks up against similar titles (funny thing is that most of them aren't similar whatsoever).

Absolutely disgusting.

Remember the glory days of Halo 2? Glitching, super bounces, BXRs, BXBs, rocketlunging, sniperlunging, double BR shots, etc.? If those were around these days, the customers would run the game straight into the ground. It used to be fun and challenging to snipe the guy who superbounced up on top of Ascension big base; with today's standards, they'll just 81tch and m0an about it until more people agree due to mass idiocy.

I miss those days.

You can't compare Call of Duty and Halo's loadouts.. If Halo had multiple different automatic weapons, snipers, shotguns, etc., then I guarantee the loadouts would be similar. Loadouts just don't even make sense though. The covenant weapons are just a waste of space, suppressors overpowered, I'm convinced everything but the AR and DMR are useless, and somewhat the BR. They wouldn't let you spawn with a sniper in this game because the sniper is overpowered in this game. It actually takes skill to use a sniper effectively in Call of Duty. Spawning with a shotgun in this game will provide nothing but campers, but in Call of Duty people actually sprint around with a shotgun getting killstreaks. Loadouts, killcams, and instant respawn just weren't ever necessary, Halo was fine the way it was.

The reason people sprint around with shotguns in CoD is because they can kill you form 30 feet away..you need to be really up close and personal with a shotgun in halo, if the shotguns in CoD required you to be right in someones face then everyone would camp in CoD, i mean come on..the 1887..might aswell strap a scope on the damned thing it can destroy you from cross map.

as for the sniper rifle, i would say Halo sniping takes a greater degree of skill that CoD, not saying CoD takes no skill at all but you deffinately need for skill for halo sniping.

Halo sniper rifle

2 shots to the body on a fresh target to get a kill

1 shot to the body on a weak target to get a kill

1 shot to the head to get a kill

CoD sniper rifles:

1 shot anywhere to get a kill (providing you have a higher grade sniper rifle or a perk that increases damage)

there are no perks that increase damage in halo, You either have skill and aim or you leave the damned sniper rifle alone, the only edge CoD had over halo in sniper skill was being able to hit a faster moving target..with the introduction of sprint in halo, CoD no longer has that edge. now..i guess someone might bring up the point of no scoping in and quick scoping in cod

the cod games themselfs teach you to snap target in the tutorials..it's a game mechanic that carries over to multiplayer, have your reticle over the guy you want to shoot and snap targeting does the rest of the work when you "quickscope" as for no scoping i agree, that does take some skill as the reticle in cod is pretty much non existant where as the halo sniper rifle has a big fkin circle you can use.

But over all the halo sniper rifle takes that bit more skill than CoDs to use

If you're a headhunter the Carbine is really nice. It shoots so rapidly which makes it nice to use in team slayer as your teamate collapes the opponents shield with the AR and you get the kill with a quick headshot. The lightrifle is also pretty powerful, zoomed in it can kill an opponent in 4 hits (6 hits not zoomed in), DMR/BR do it in 5, Carbine in 7.

The suppressor is the best close-range but the edge goes to the AR for better balance close to medium range.

The DMR is sick as its reticle bloom is very shallow compared to Reach.

Sniping does take skill, especially now since everyone has sprint. You have to lead your opponets when they're sprinting.

There is a pretty even balance to all the weapons. They all have their pros and cons. At the end of the day it just boils down to preference and play-style. This is why I love the load-outs and variety of weapons. It allows each individual to customize how they want to play, to fit their playing style. It's really pretty awesome when you think about the variety and balance that gets all-encompassed into one. Halo 4 is the best Halo yet.

The reason people sprint around with shotguns in CoD is because they can kill you form 30 feet away..you need to be really up close and personal with a shotgun in halo, if the shotguns in CoD required you to be right in someones face then everyone would camp in CoD, i mean come on..the 1887..might aswell strap a scope on the damned thing it can destroy you from cross map.

as for the sniper rifle, i would say Halo sniping takes a greater degree of skill that CoD, not saying CoD takes no skill at all but you deffinately need for skill for halo sniping.

Halo sniper rifle

2 shots to the body on a fresh target to get a kill

1 shot to the body on a weak target to get a kill

1 shot to the head to get a kill

CoD sniper rifles:

1 shot anywhere to get a kill (providing you have a higher grade sniper rifle or a perk that increases damage)

there are no perks that increase damage in halo, You either have skill and aim or you leave the damned sniper rifle alone, the only edge CoD had over halo in sniper skill was being able to hit a faster moving target..with the introduction of sprint in halo, CoD no longer has that edge. now..i guess someone might bring up the point of no scoping in and quick scoping in cod

the cod games themselfs teach you to snap target in the tutorials..it's a game mechanic that carries over to multiplayer, have your reticle over the guy you want to shoot and snap targeting does the rest of the work when you "quickscope" as for no scoping i agree, that does take some skill as the reticle in cod is pretty much non existant where as the halo sniper rifle has a big fkin circle you can use.

But over all the halo sniper rifle takes that bit more skill than CoDs to use

The shotguns in COD only kill from long distance if you got range on it, and you have some deadly accuracy. The only op shotgun in that game is the striker. Sniping? Quickscoping is far harder than Halo's ever been. Yea, two body shots. You also have a HUGE distance between you and your target. In Call of Duty, very few maps have long enough distances as to where a sniper can effectively hardscope, meaning you're almost always quickscoping. And no, it's not anywhere. You can still shoot someone in the waist or below with just about any sniper and not get the one shot. If you do get a one shot, the sniper has a lot of other drawbacks as to why it's so easy to kill something. Snap targeting? I've never had any help quickscoping. Yea, you get your enemy in the middle of the screen, hold left trigger and fire, but if that's so simple, the same can be done in Halo. Halo also gives a sniper defenses. If you start taking hits, you have time to turn and run. COD you start taking hits and you drop dead. You get a new person to the games and have them try sniping in Halo, then on Call of Duty, and see which one they do better on.

If you're a headhunter the Carbine is really nice. It shoots so rapidly which makes it nice to use in team slayer as your teamate collapes the opponents shield with the AR and you get the kill with a quick headshot. The lightrifle is also pretty powerful, zoomed in it can kill an opponent in 4 hits (6 hits not zoomed in), DMR/BR do it in 5, Carbine in 7.

The suppressor is the best close-range but the edge goes to the AR for better balance close to medium range.

The DMR is sick as its reticle bloom is very shallow compared to Reach.

Sniping does take skill, especially now since everyone has sprint. You have to lead your opponets when they're sprinting.

There is a pretty even balance to all the weapons. They all have their pros and cons. At the end of the day it just boils down to preference and play-style. This is why I love the load-outs and variety of weapons. It allows each individual to customize how they want to play, to fit their playing style. It's really pretty awesome when you think about the variety and balance that gets all-encompassed into one. Halo 4 is the best Halo yet.

I agree that each weapon has their own pros and cons, just it's pretty easy to tell what the overall best weapons are. Yea, Lightrifle and Carbine are good in certain situations, heck even the storm rifle, just the situations are often harder to find than just having a DMR, AR, or Suppressor at the ready. I just personally don't like the Covenant weapons, and still trying to adapt to the forerunner weapons slowly, that's the only reason I don't like them as much really haha. But I still don't think the sniper requires much skill in Halo 4, I'm sorry. The very first game that I used a sniper rifle in Halo 4 I got my first Rampage. I was saying then the sniper is way too op, and after almost having it up to master commendation now, my opinion hasn't changed much.

If you want Multiplayer practice then play some objective games, like King of the Hill. King of the hill everybody is going to ONE place, the hill, so it's easy to practice targeting, sniping, etc.

Exactly what I've been doing, I was really sucking on sayer so tried koth , I was like -300 kills to deaths and I'm now only 250. Slowly closing the gap thank god.

Stand back and Dmr the shiz out of them