The Perfect Loadout

Baeztoberfest

Well, there's many different playlists and many different maps. Each one requires a certain Loadout and playstyle to be as efficient as possible. I like to play Big Team Slayer so I usually go with this Loadout, since Ragnarok is the most often picked map.

Primary DMR

Secondary Light Rifle/Assault Rilfe - Depending on the map

Frags

Hologram

Firepower

Awareness/Faster Ordnance (Forget the name)

I choose DMR for the obvious reason, big maps need a better scope.

Light Rifle because on maps like Ragnarok you go through a lot of ammo if you don't die often and it's handy if you find yourself needing one more shot. Assault Rifle if you need something for close range.

Frags because the blast is more useful on larger maps since I don't expect to be getting sticks on anyone that far away.

Hologram for general usefulness, a lot of people seem to be skipping over it since it was so useless in Reach but for some reason in this game people almost always try and shoot it. Helpful for offensive and defensive playing.

Firepower because of reasons stated above.

Awareness for dodging those nasty ghosts when they think they've got you off guard and for the occasional sneaker. Faster Ordnance because those heavies can make a big difference in larger, longer games. Taking out the teams banshee/mantis/tank etc. makes them take a huge hit in score.

DMR

Assault Rifle

Sticky nades

Active Camo

FirePower

Ammo

This all depends on play style but I was using this setup last night in slayer and was getting consistent +10 k/d spreads for the 3 games I used it before going to bed. I'm a patient player though and don't mind sneaking around using active camo biding my time waiting for the perfect time to strike. It's also hilarious to assassinate or stick people as they run by you with active camo on.

I think it highly depends on what your trying to do

on a large map, DMR definitly, if your skilled enough, even in smaller maps otherwise assault rifle

on a small map id say bolt shot or plasma (if using DMR) or pistol if using AR, maps with vehicles definitly plasma pistol

the rest im assuming your maximizing your ability to fight or gun fight.

frag grenades, larger radius, bounces, faster explosion

dexterity, allowing you to reload/switch weapons faster then the other guy

shielding, refills shield faster then the other guy

regen, again, refils shield faster then other guy

combination leads to being able to be offensive minded more then the other guy, keeping you in the fight, and letting you keep that pressure going

tho i admit i like thruster pack enough i tend to use it over regen, i dont argue the simple effectiveness of it tho

Growing pretty fond of grenade classes as of recently, I either use:

Assault Rifle

Magnum

Frag Grenades

Promethean Vision

Grenadier

Explosives

AR because I want to run up my commendation really...and because in this game it's seemingly better just like any other automatic weapon.

Magnum for commendation.. again..lol but if there's a lot of ghosts, wraiths, banshee, etc..yea, I'll use plasma pistol.

Frag's for bigger more deadly explosion with Explosives

Promethean Vision because I'm using a close range weapon, get the jump on the enemy around a corner.

Grenadier for that extra grenade, most people wait for 2 and then run out and die on the third one, or die by one of the three

Explosives for use with the grenades, really fun. Also, I die from grenades ALL the time and this definitely helps.

Or larger map class:

DMR

Boltshot/Plasma Pistol

Plasma

Hardlight Shield

Mobility

Dexterity

Boltshot for the up close, Plasma Pistol for pesky vehicles

Plasmas for vehicles mainly...not very good with sticking people, but getting better lol

Hardlight if I'm shooting one enemy, and get my shields dropped from somewhere else, I'll throw it up and use Mobility to make a very effective getaway.

and Dexterity for when I'm against a group of people and need all the shooting time I can get. Ammo is also nice.