Anyone else think Warthogs are garbage?

Natsu

I'm usually a driver in every Halo game and this is by far the hardest time I've had trying to get my gunner some sprees. I think the best I have so far is just barely getting them a killing frenzy off the skin of our nuts, and then blowing up. I used to be able to net them perfections once every few games in Halo 3.

For one thing, everyone and their grandma switches into plasma pistols and plasma grenades for the vehicle maps. I don't have Operator yet so I'm not sure how much that affects the EMP, but unless it completely negates the plasma pistol it probably will still allow people to constantly keep you in place by just firing more and more out. The second thing is that most every map just has a preset road for you to drive on, with Ragnarok being the most open map. This makes your driving paths way too predictable and they can easily stop you. And finally, the turret gun just seems much weaker in this game. To adapt to the first two issues, I have been strafing the warthog in a circle, just doing donuts on my side of the map so my gunner can long range the enemies. Not even this works because their guns are just never good enough to get any kills. And a lot of times my gunner just gets flat-out DMR'd off the back of it when I do this because there will be a good 4-5 people that keep hiding behind rocks and popping back out to shoot him, so you are really forced to drive up on them to get an angle which puts you at risk to the plasmas and predictable roads. Any thoughts/advice?

• Like 2

The vehicles in my opinion are kind of a mess. In the larger maps there are almost enough vehicles for everyone to be in their own at once. I've watched ghosts take head on laser shots and keep on trucking, whereas I've watched banshees get ripped apart by one guy with a DMR. The warthog used to be a force to be reckoned with, now it's all to easy to eliminate it.

• Like 1

I think it's a lot better compared to Reach's warthogs. It is a lot more stable, and the turret isn't all too weak, it's decent

also the rocket warthog is a LOT better compared to reach now too

but I think the spartan laser needs to one hit kill everything, including the Mantis

I think it's a lot better compared to Reach's warthogs. It is a lot more stable, and the turret isn't all too weak, it's decent

also the rocket warthog is a LOT better compared to reach now too

but I think the spartan laser needs to one hit kill everything, including the Mantis

I agree with all of this.

I'm preferring driving it and I'm getting way more sprees at the turret. If the driver isn't on crack.

I think the best I have so far is just barely getting them a killing frenzy off the skin of our nuts, and then blowing up.

This made me laugh out loud at work. Hilarious.

Anywho, I know what you mean about the turret being weaker than I recall it being in past Halo games. However, the warthog is still pretty strong, in general. The turret definitely seems weaker though.

Yea with all the DMR's and Plasma Pistol the warthog is not all that great anymore tbh. The gauss warthog though is great one shot kill with that thing :laughing:

Yeah, the gauss hog is a beast. It always has been in past games and does not fail to continue that time-honored tradition in halo 4.

Theres no point in vehicles on this game, im flying a banshee and have everyone either switch to plasma pistols or DMRS i dont last 2 seconds.

On the note to the warthog, same here i used to love getting my teammates killing sprees etc yeaaaa can't do that now, these custom loadouts are starting to become a pain in the ass.

It's very annoying when someone who was so good at driving in Halo 3 is handicapped by this warthog being so vulnerable and weak. Everyone and their grandma has a plasma pistol and sticky grenades. Usually I'll last about a minute if I'm lucky and get my gunner a few kills. Had about 5000 wheelmans in Halo 3, but I don't know about this game unless 343 does an update.