Put Forge World in Halo 4

BestClonefan

• 2 weeks later...

Halo Reach's Forge World was big, and could accommodate giant race maps, BTB and just be fun to explore and walk in. Sure, structures were gray, but so many options were available. The large space allowed for so much to be built. Anyone who says "well, you didnt use all of it, so why do we need it?" We didnt use it all, correct, BUT we were given more options on where to build, bigger things to build and simply as much room as we needed. Halo 4 has stripped our ability to build large structures and the like.

What we need:

1.A Large map, as almost as big, as big or bigger than Forge world.

2.This map would be semi-hilly, with larger pieces of flat land.

3. Off to the side we would like some mountains, a lake, something interesting to look at, BUT also to climb up.

4. Get rid of the kill boundaries or at least let us go farther out.

We as a community dont want much. Flat land and some small hills thrown in, completely possible.

Please 343 Industries, take this into consideration.

I agree that Reach's Forge World offered unique opportunities for forging a wide variety of maps with a wide variety of designs, sizes and locales, without which many things possible in Reach are not possible in Halo 4, but despite this I believe it goes overlooked in this discussion what we've gained. Namely, in place of one forge map, we have three, Impact, Ravine and Erosion.

Ravine and Erosion are both rather small, but Impact at least is huge (made small only by comparison to the ridiculously huge Forge World of old). For small maps, the new possibilities far outweigh anything lost, and although Impact has relatively little solid land to build upon, it makes up for it (fittingly enough) with a vast amount of empty space, as well as a new category of pieces to build with.

As nice as it would be to have the old Forge World to work with, the new forge worlds give more than they take, and I'm willing to live with it as is. If it's an issue of feasibility stopping them from implementing the old Forge World (as I expect), it's not something I'll lose any sleep over going without. If it could be done then by all means, but people should think about fully exploring this game's capabilities before writing them off as a downgrade.

I would at the very least advocate for a more reasonable goal, a map the size of Impact (with the same vertical limit as well, which is huge) but with more land. I love Impact (the best map ever for making maps from scratch, i.e. separate from land which utilize only pieces you place), but the only way to utilize its enormous size is by building structures, whereas a map with more land can integrate that land and use pieces more conservatively, spreading out the area over which you can build and increasing the potential sizes and variety of maps (the draw of Reach's forge world to begin with). Even if a map the size of Forge World is impossible, having one as like to forge world as possible which is as big as possible would be a nice addition.