My spin on whats happened to Halo 4 (Multiplayer)

doBronX

I find it truly funny how as CoD (Treyarch) tries to move away from the sub-genre it created, more and more devs try (are forced) to try to emulate it.

For Halo this simply doesnt work! List inc :

1. Loadouts, srslywtfguise - spawning with DMR (will get to that later) is just plain dumb, there is a reason why in all previous Halo games you were not allowed to spawn with p much any weapon you wanted, spawning with plasma nades too, no long explanations needed there. just wtf were you thinking 343!

I get that you probably wanted to give the players cool grenades with cool mechanics without having to work to get them in order to offer these new players more interesting things to keep them playing and interested in your game, but spawning with plasmas just adds another layer of imbalance and further hinders vehicles in this game.

2. the DMR, zero recoil, 4 body 1 head kill is strong enough as it is, but being able to hipshot spam someone from across the map and kill them within a few seconds is pathetic, every map, every player its the same story. Team-spawn in the middle of the map, step out from the rock and get DMR'd by 2 people in a matter of seconds.

This playstyle which everyone has seemed to adopt has ruined any pacing in this game. The fact that auto aim is ridiculously over-tuned adds to mindless spray across the map crap when you spawn on one side of ragnarok and the Coddies on the other side, the battle begins for the ultimate war for right trigger domination as auto aim decides who will headshot who first.

There's no CQC in halo 4 as you can just backpedal with a DMR holding down right trigger because auto aim aims for you and you slow down anyone who tries to sprint-melee-headshot you like you could in reach, topped off by extra bullet damage cqc is nerfed further.

3. Promethean vision, aka wallhackz0rz - wtf is this lol, i really do not know where to begin here, with thrusterpacks being a watered down (nerfed) version of the dodge armor ability from Reach, theres not much of a reason to not roll with P.vision in 90% of the maps. Combine this with DMR and you have people hiding behind walls, using the ability, and just popping you as you run past.

And yes I am aware of the phrase 'if you cant beat it, join it' but is that really the best way to counter this stupid, child pleasing mechanic? And another note for the thruster pack and how some people seem to defend it by saying you can use it to get behind cover, Hard Light Shield allows you to do the exact same thing only better, as you're made invulnerable from the front whilst using it as you move into cover.

4. Instant (cod) respawn - In NO previous Halo game was there an instant respawn option, and for good reason! You cant simply expect to attach a feature that works well in CoD in a game that plays so different from CoD to begin with and hope for it to work out well...

Big Team fights are just too much of a cluster F with no downtime, and with everyone content to just standing behind rocks spamming DMR's the chances of spawning > dying within seconds is near enough guaranteed.

I, like most people are p sick and tired of devs, or producers forcing devs, to throw things at the CoD wall and hope it sticks. Games are more commonly than not feeling more and more dumbed down as time passes, instead of helping these simple, casual CoD players (as they make up for 80% of the FPS gaming playerbase by now) adjust to your once fantastic game,

why do you try to give them the same game in hopes that it will bring you more money and more players? (I realised i just answered my own question there :P). Believe it or not it is possible to cater for casuals and not just for CoD players, there is a difference.

Go, pick this thread apart! Just pls try to hold back on the whole "if u dont like it go play cod" reply xD

• Like 2

1: Don't care about either way.

2: nerf DmR problem solved.

3: Sucks in every game its in not just Halo, believe me Red Factions railgun is notorious for just this reason.

4: Implying it works well in cod in the first place? Niet sir as it does not.

Also its not just CoD's fault, CoD and Halo are both going down the same track and Halo started it back when with the induction of the motion tracker and regenerating health. if anything CoD stole from them in the beginning. Now the tables are turned and its not good for either demographic. REALLY sucks too as no one realizes WHY these things are broken in their respective arenas. CoD's formula is far from correct. Same here (not just 4 mind you).

Sadly this is the world we live in. People want to have an experience instead of play a game and learn it mentally and physically. I understand something may be hard but promethian vision is not what you want to see in ANY game. PERIOD. Sensory gear has gotten way out of hand and this is the perfect example. Also the DMR just killed my banshee... by itself... granted im not a great pilot i still feel robbed.

• Like 1

Has it not occured to you that your banshee getting solo'd by 1 DMR could be 100 times worse if everyone in the game spawns with DMR's and just loldmr's any vehicle/red reticle they see? Loadouts need to be nerfed or atleast have some gamemodes without stupid op loadout choices. Yes nerf the DMR and it's ridiculous auto aim/recoil i can agree with. And loadouts do work well in COD because the game isn't very balanced anyway, and with a loadout system you either have rock paper scissors or a dictatorship. It adds variety for the casuals and it makes the game seem bigger.

i agree with the rest of the stuff you say tho.

I don't why this guy is implying CoD invented any of these things, boggles my mind.

does it even matter? he's not even implying that. either way or whatever crap you make up it comes from COD because it's an incredibly successful game and video game publishers want more money, so they look what game appeals to the masses and they do the same as that game.

it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage.

does it even matter? he's not even implying that. either way or whatever crap you make up it comes from COD because it's an incredibly successful game and video game publishers want more money, so they look what game appeals to the masses and they do the same as that game.

it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage.

No one is making up anything. CoD is not the first to do perks, loadouts or several other things. When you say they are copying CoD you are implying they are the only ones that use those features. Of course they look for things that people LIKE they wouldnt sell a single copy if people didnt like it would they?

" it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage. "

No one is making up anything. CoD is not the first to do perks, loadouts or several other things. When you say they are copying CoD you are implying they are the only ones that use those features. Of course they look for things that people LIKE they wouldnt sell a single copy if people didnt like it would they?

" it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage. "

" it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage. " indeed. no one ever implied anyone copied cod hahaha apart from you and the other guy

" it boggles my mind why you'd have to be so irrelevant and ignorant to the subject of the topic and then feel the need to post useless garbage. " indeed. no one ever implied anyone copied cod hahaha apart from you and the other guy

I find it truly funny how as CoD (Treyarch) tries to move away from the sub-genre it created, more and more devs try (are forced) to try to emulate it.

Thats the first sentence . Did you read it?

Thanks for dodging the topic like the other awesome lad youre defending, would it make you feel better if i edited my post and changed CoD to another FPS game? Stick to the topic, I used CoD cause its the 600 pnd elephant in the room and is what most people can associate.

please stop dodging the topic and actually contribute to the argument.

halo 4 copied cod's success, irrelevant where cod got it from. stop derailing the topic, thanks

The majority of the FPS console community plays CoD, EVERY fps game wants a slice of that playerbase, thats so plainly obvious, its why BF3 released CQC map packs among many other things, you throw things at the CoD wall to see what sticks.

Anyway stop dancing around this stupid subject and move on, if you feel the need to up your post count so bad then dayymmmm, you only need 2 more of them chieves, nvm keep going lad!

please stop dodging the topic and actually contribute to the argument.

halo 4 copied cod's success, irrelevant where cod got it from. stop derailing the topic, thanks

Lol way to copy the OP. I am not dodging anything, I was just responding to your post. I am not derailing the topic seeing as we are talking about why 343 added the features it did. Maybe you shouldnt tell someone they made an irrelevant post when you didnt read the first sentence in the first post.

Lol way to copy the OP. I am not dodging anything, I was just responding to your post. I am not derailing the topic seeing as we are talking about why 343 added the features it did. Maybe you shouldnt tell someone they made an irrelevant post when you didnt read the first sentence in the first post.

quit dodging, quit flexing your totally abstract indie signature, quit derailing, stop using these forums because you don't contribute & you're v butthurt. please talk about balance issues rather than the origins of cod tyvm bro

• Like 1

quit dodging, quit flexing your totally abstract indie signature, quit derailing, stop using these forums because you don't contribute & you're v butthurt. please talk about balance issues rather than the origins of cod tyvm bro

My abstract indie sig haha I will take that as a compliment, you can thank the person that made it Insignia. I am not butthurt about anything, it just gets old when 40 topics are posted every hour about how the new features are taken from CoD.

You are nobody to tell me I do not contribute to this forum, you barely registered here and you probably wont stay long anyways. You are just part of the crowd.

As for the features themselves

Loadouts: They are fine, granted I would rather have the H3 style weapon spawns.

Killcam: Definetly needs a fix, I am suprised it was not mentioned

Instant Respawn: It is an option, you dont have to press the button, you can wait your 4 seconds.

Promethean Vision: I havent found many people camping corners with it. People will camp regardless.

And lastly DMR is OP needs to be nerfed one way or another.

You will probably keep the argument going so I will just end it here.

• Like 1

Loadouts: They are fine, granted I would rather have the H3 style weapon spawns.

Promethean Vision: I havent found many people camping corners with it. People will camp regardless.

Loadouts are not fine because of the masses spawning with DMR's which just smash vehicles into the ground, banshees warthogs ghosts you name it, people spawning in LOS of two people with a DMR = death isn't fine. Spawning with two stickies and just sticky-ing the living crap out of a warthog as it goes past isn't fine either.

Promethean vision isn't a problem because of people camping with it, it just takes any kind of aggressive play/skill out the game. I can't ambush someone or sprint-melee-headshot combo someone purely because of Promethean vision and i certainly can't hide with it as my shields recharge. If you manage to sneak up on someone it's instantly negated by promethean vision because the guy has a backup plan and is rewarded for not being aware as he can just lb-360 instantly knows where everyone is.

sneaking up to someone =/= sprinting up behind unawares and assassinating.

These are just my thoughts, I'm sure they'll just get tossed aside, but w/e

1. I haven't had too many problems with loadouts, I've used mostly BR + stickys, sure the DMR wins in longer range fights, but it's supposed to. The plasma's damage seems to have been nerfed from earlier games too so I don't have an issue with it. You can't even destroy a ghost with 1 plasma anymore

2. They do need to nerf the auto aim for certain and something to reduce the DMR close range/unzoomed abilities would probably balance a bit more.

3. I don't have too much problem with this, and for one reason. When someone uses this ability, it tells everyone around that they are using it and where they are. When they use it it gives off a sound similar to Predator haha and they have a red circle pulse around their location on the sensor. Sure, it's annoying that they can see through walls, no arguments there, but it's easy to avoid. A reduction of effective range might be a decent change though.

4. Agreed. Hard to strategize when there's a constant flow of people. Even in the objective game types where there is a respawn timer it feels like it needs to be a few seconds longer.

I also think the damage done to vehicles from small arms should be decreased some and damage from grenades increased.

Resupply seems to be pretty ridiculous for small maps too, people are just throwing grenades left and right standing on a pile of dead bodies.

At it´s current state the multiplayer sucks more than it did in Halo 3. Now I don´t hate it but make old-school modes to veterans and fast! The new school, young players and the ones that like the so called "CoD" aspect of the new Halo 4 can keep playing theirs but what went wrong for forgetting the old-school Halo players? We are the veterans of Halo franchise and thanks to us, Halo is what it is today so why all the ignorance and abandoning of us? Hopefully they realize that they need to make Halo 4 more appealing by adding the good old old-school game modes too or most of the veterans will alienate from Halo 4 and will leave it aside, taking a huge part of the community away.

I´m old-school player and I´m proud of it.

•  

•  

man.. Halo never bored me , halo 3 and reach i can play all day all night and still won't get bored (except i got mad lol) it's because it's not that competition like BF3 or CoD, and i seriously hate CoD i don't care who copy who in the past, Bungie did a great job not making the game never dies. On the other hand, CoD sucked people just play zombie **** thing and how many version of it? 10.. This truly disturb me that 343 took almost EVERYTHING in CoD and put in Halo4. No Halo4 is basically CoD that has a Halo 4 skin. I hope somehow 343 can patch these CoD based **** off the matchmaking and bring back the TRADITION matchmaking Halo.

>no more instant spawn it takes away t bagging

>no loadouts takes away map control

>change the point from like 1000 points for slayer.. isn't it the same as 100 kills? wtf is this

>no ordinance makes one team too op and no map control

>more balance armor ability >>fix hard light shield and thruster(make a longer)

>warthog are like ****tyest car ever it is not flexible enough to be one.. a SMALL rock flips it over lol

4. Instant (cod) respawn - In NO previous Halo game was there an instant respawn option, and for good reason! You cant simply expect to attach a feature that works well in CoD in a game that plays so different from CoD to begin with and hope for it to work out well...

Big Team fights are just too much of a cluster F with no downtime, and with everyone content to just standing behind rocks spamming DMR's the chances of spawning > dying within seconds is near enough guaranteed.

I, like most people are p sick and tired of devs, or producers forcing devs, to throw things at the CoD wall and hope it sticks. Games are more commonly than not feeling more and more dumbed down as time passes, instead of helping these simple, casual CoD players (as they make up for 80% of the FPS gaming playerbase by now) adjust to your once fantastic game,

why do you try to give them the same game in hopes that it will bring you more money and more players? (I realised i just answered my own question there :P). Believe it or not it is possible to cater for casuals and not just for CoD players, there is a difference.

Go, pick this thread apart! Just pls try to hold back on the whole "if u dont like it go play cod" reply xD

I agree with this completely, i used to do alot of BTB in Halo 3 and this feels a tad too fast on the spawns ceating a spawn/kill marathon. Today when i played i killed a guy just to have him spawn 5 seconds away from me, my first reaction was that the spawn locations suck but if the spawn was delayed i suppose it would be fine.