343i, hire me to help you with Forge!

MrWebslinger

That's right, I would love to come work for you as a consultant or employee to help you work out all the issues you fell short on with Forge and custom games. I have been with Halo since the beginning and have been building custom games and maps for as long as it was an option. I understand what gammers are looking for in custom games and could be a huge assest to your company and getting this Forge back on track. Seriously, hire me and together we could rule the world. Well, at least the gaming world!

343i needs to take more suggestions from the community, and thats one thing bungie did alot of.

And this was really my main point. I think a focus group of people that are halo players would be invaluable to 343i and the Halo franchise. I am not saying they did a terrible job at all and the campaign is incredibly good. Forge and customs just fell a little short and from reading a lot of the forum post, I am not the only one who feels this way. I hope they are reading these post and take our suggestions as constructive and not as just complaining. The game is great, now it's time to make it awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Well holy-- bro really? The onyl thing i see wrong with forge is the lighting and that's only a minority. First off that's a terrible way to get hired by the 343 industries. I could do better than that. And were I to make a hire me! statement. It would start like this:

Dear 343,

I have been playing halo since halo 3. But what i see, is that xbox is holding down halo's true potental. I see that xbox is holding down halo's true potental. Halo is an entire universe! not just a planet. Or small war. It is the fight for humanity to thrive in this huge universe. Making the players feel more like they are in the game, rather than making them feel like they are playing the game. If halo could be moved to the world wide web. And made like a game such as World of Warcraft, or Rift, or even Star Wars the old republic! Halo is bigger than this. There are worlds installations. Forruners. Imagine being able to really have your own clan bases. Really take the mammoth into battle! Have spartans own their own pelican, and even trained AI. Less laggy spartan ops. And back to the subject of the AI. People sometimes dont work well together and have a hard time. What if in this new halo game online, on the computer. Spartans could buy Their own fireteam. The AI could learn from the spartan player. And the spartan could have his/her own squad tailored to their playing style. What if in this new halo game you could choose whether you wanted to be ODST, or a Marine. Or stay as a spartan. Giving each player more options to their playing styles. Choose their faction, instead of being UNSC you could be the covenant! The grunts, the jackals or the elites. Each race having their own traits, specialization and perks. Halo 4 is so close on the brink with the load outs character customization. With the love that halo has, i see that it could be uplifted into a bigger set program where things could be bigger better. and more epic. Allowing players to play with other players, or allowing the player to purchase their own recruit, and the AI recruit learns from the spartan. Allowing advanced air, Pelicans fighting with phantoms. Broad swords fighting with space banshees. Allowing players to really be immersed in those cinematics that are made. Being able to be on the infinity, and watching from the bridge as the war wages on in that small piece of galaxy. I believe That with the ideas I have given it could really be something to consider. In plain terms. I see Halo being restrained by how much the xbox can handle. The xbox can only handle so much, whereas the computer could handle so much more and allow players to really be in that war between covies and humans. Being able to look up as your behind cover making sure you hold the front lines, and seeing banshees and broadwords fighting and one comes down and hits not too far from you. Now that, that would be epic. Breath taking.

That is how I would open up a suggestion or a hire me. But to just go out there guns blazing and taking a crap on the forge is just wow... That;s like you making cookies... Somone breaks down your door takes a bite of your cookie and says, "yuck! Bro lemme show you howta make cookies." That's basically what you told 343. Introduce ideas. Not complaints.

P.S

I would love to see this happen and more so be able to help 343 create this.

Sigh, Damien. You want mag/battlefield 3/WoW hybrid for the halo franchise? With fully fleshed out real AI, and fire teams? You don't know a thing about real world constraints do you? Theres this thing called memory, and theres a finite amount of it. There's a thing called processing power, and we don't have enough of it. There a thing called bandwidth, and your average in home system couldn't handle it. Not to mention the difficulty of creating true AI.

Videogames take millions to create. With all the manpower it would require, it would take more than a decade of production with a massive studio, assuming you throw all the impossible parts of it out. And when Microsoft operates on tight margins anyway, even attempting it would seriously put the company under.

Your idea is nice, but don't get your hopes up for anything that scale ever in your lifetime.

On a side note, 343 does have a lot of serious issues to fix, and they have not yet acknowledged these issues. On another side note, a good amount of 343i's employees were originally in bungie. In fact the director was the previous second in command of bungie i believe. Many people think Of them as separate, but they really are a lot more alike than a lot of people think.

Is it wrong to have a dream? Although executed poorly, which is just a lack of experience, I say aim high with your goals man and take one step at a time. 343 could use some input on this game in many areas from the community. That's why there are great forums like this one. When it comes to offering input on forging then it's best to have created a name for yourself first. Let's take one of our own forum members Oakley Hi Def for example. He consistently produces great maps both aesthetically and gameplay wise. Even with the few that know him, 343 has not offered to fly him to Seattle to tour the studio and have lunch with Frankie, just saying. The value of the players and community has dwindled since the takeover of Bungie and it is up to us to respectfully earn that back through positive criticism and support of 343. If we don't build a positive strong relationship with 343 then we loose Halo.

Im not talking about keeping it on the console. I talking about taking it to the computer. World of warcraft is just one example. BF 3 is another. It can be done, i know it can, maybe in the early 2000's it couldnt be done but i know it can be done. i know that if enough people wanted this to happen that we could seriously make halo bigger. I get tired of just playing little skirmishes and playing on the same maps. Have you done spartan ops? all the maps are the same with a different plot on it. I just finished creating a foundation in microsoft word. I'm not going to openly show it to you guys, but its a foundation and something to give some thought on. And i was only saying to imagine. Picture this. You download the next halo on your computer. You log in, then you are taken to a character creation. Each race/ faction has a different trait. you get a choice of joining the elites and spartans, then, you get to pick wich race you want to be. Then your imported to the world, you are a recruit and you have to speak to your commanding officer. He then breifs you, teaches you how to work together with your team, what to do if your split up, basically a tutorial. This person can be an AI or a 343 guy. You then go to the barracks get your gear, your gun etc. Then you are briefed on your mission. You get teamed up with a group of 4 people. Your sent out on a pelican and as your on that pelican your being briefed. Your mission is to investigate the nearby covenant outpost, take it out of possible and report back. When you get back to base, you are awarded fame and credits. Fame for unlocking things such as being able to purchase your own vehicle. You then use the credits to buy the actual thing. You need a lot of fame though seeing as your only just a recruit. Then maybe an hour later real time while your on base, a voice on the intercomm comes over and tells everyong to get ready that theres an attack about to be launched on the base. Keep in mind real players and A.I are about to attack your base. Your job is to stay alive and defend it. That is a short summary of what could be done. People put too much money into the graphics. They want the gameplay. How long can the graphics hold the person? It's the gameplay that keeps people hooked. Why do you think people still play old games? They need to not so much focus on graphics and start with the gameplay. about your point with bandwith and such. Each place could have its own grid. Hopefully you know what im speaking about. Like in world of warcraft when you enter a new location the name pops up. You just entered a new grid. It can only hold so much correct. But if it were split up, then it would be easier! im not saying 1 game on an entire grid here. The PC is powerful, much more powerful than an xbox no doubt. Im saying they could do more. Once their contract with microsoft/xbox is done. They should move it back to the PC and start working on it there. If 343 is reading this i'll email them my thoughts and such. I love halo because for the first time it shows how humans can have humanity. How we dont always have to kill eachother. I like how when an elite impales a human it can make you angry or want to kill the elite. That's why i gravitate to the game. Im not running around shooting people. Im fighting for humanity. In multiplayer i feel like i am just shooting people... We need more objectives we need a bigger picture. I'll send them a copy of what i've summarized. It's pretty long shot but i know it can be done They could instead stop making new games with the new releases and allow the game to change while we are ingame. While we're fighting for territories and resources to keep fighting, they could be making a new storyline that we could expierience together and be molded inside of the story. Second life is another example. It CAN be done. world of warcraft did it.