Bloom was bad they said............

Zedzish

Ok so bloom is now gone from the game... And what do we have???

Firefights that are completely based off who shoots first.

Strafing and ducking are nearly completely ineffective in a firefight.

It's almost like I have to try to miss a shot.

I do believe it took skill to perfect the art of pacing your DMR shots or add a bit of strafing and ducking to your DMR fights.

So what separates the players that bothered to get good at these skills from the rest now?

Absolutely nothing!

I know bloom had its haters but come on for me not having bloom is far worse.

Strafing is not nearly effective as it used to be. It's almost like the bullets are magnetised.

Also may I ask what everyone's problem with bloom really was? Because I loved it, it stopped spamming and separated the good players from the bad.

Strafing is not nearly effective as it used to be. It's almost like the bullets are magnetised.

Also may I ask what everyone's problem with bloom really was? Because I loved it, it stopped spamming and separated the good players from the bad.

Did you really ask what everyone's problem with bloom was? Did you even play reach? It added a luck factor because the bloom was so random at times. You're trying to tell me Halo 2 and 3 didn't take skill because you could spam the BR. If you have a fast trigger finger you should be rewarded but if not you can make it up by strafing. Yes strafing does still work. I only played one multiplayer game so far and I could easily still out DMR-BR people if I strafe.

Did you really ask what everyone's problem with bloom was? Did you even play reach? It added a luck factor because the bloom was so random at times. You're trying to tell me Halo 2 and 3 didn't take skill because you could spam the BR. If you have a fast trigger finger you should be rewarded but if not you can make it up by strafing. Yes strafing does still work. I only played one multiplayer game so far and I could easily still out DMR-BR people if I strafe.

Did I even play reach..... Why yes I did and a lot and I was good at it and before u get on your almighty I played all the halo games horse yes I have played all of the games for the past 10 years.

Now this luck element u speak of yes there was an element of luck but only when you spammed it so there goes that argument for u.

Also I want to test your logic... What would happen if you spammed your weapon in a real scenario. Would It be like how it is in halo 4 or halo reach?

So who should really be rewarded???

Bloom makes takes skill away from the game. If you are getting 5-shifted every time you need to learn to avoid oncoming fire or get a different gun. Taking away bloom makes the game faster paced and it still requires skill to five shot an enemy.

Bloom makes takes skill away from the game. If you are getting 5-shifted every time you need to learn to avoid oncoming fire or get a different gun. Taking away bloom makes the game faster paced and it still requires skill to five shot an enemy.

Please tell me how spamming a DMR and BR takes more skill then having to pace your shots so they are more accurate?

Please explain because in no way shape or form does that make logical sense.

Please tell me how spamming a DMR and BR takes more skill then having to pace your shots so they are more accurate?

Please explain because in no way shape or form does that make logical sense.

Ok. Let me slow this down.

Bloom = More random shot placement

No Bloom = If your reticle is over their head and you shoot the bullet hits them in the head :o

If you are able to hit them in the head with the reticle over their body and hit them, that means you have something called skill. I hope your following.

No bloom results in pissed off people who shoot with their reticle over their head and it misses because the bullet goes to the right.

Now dont you think that a person who has the reticle where it is supposed to be should get the kill rather than the lucky fellow who missed with the reticle but his shot went right and killed the player?

You sir should maybe think about what you say. Not having bloom does not take skill out of the game. It makes it so those who do the right thing are rewarded rather than screwed over.

Ok. Let me slow this down.

Bloom = More random shot placement

No Bloom = If your reticle is over their head and you shoot the bullet hits them in the head :o

If you are able to hit them in the head with the reticle over their body and hit them, that means you have something called skill. I hope your following.

No bloom results in pissed off people who shoot with their reticle over their head and it misses because the bullet goes to the right.

Now dont you think that a person who has the reticle where it is supposed to be should get the kill rather than the lucky fellow who missed with the reticle but his shot went right and killed the player?

You sir should maybe think about what you say. Not having bloom does not take skill out of the game. It makes it so those who do the right thing are rewarded rather than screwed over.

Your whole argument is based off the fact that the bullet placement is random which it isn't. Well it might be for you because you spam the trigger as hard as you can but if you have skill and time your shots it's definitely not random. So you seem to portray yourself as a smart person what would happen in real life if you we're to span a gun like that???? Would every bullet hit the exact same spot like it currently does or does a bloom system make more sense?

Please sir keep telling me that spamming a trigger takes more skill then pacing your shots it's amusing :)

Your whole argument is based off the fact that the bullet placement is random which it isn't. Well it might be for you because you spam the trigger as hard as you can but if you have skill and time your shots it's definitely not random. So you seem to portray yourself as a smart person what would happen in real life if you we're to span a gun like that???? Would every bullet hit the exact same spot like it currently does or does a bloom system make more sense?

Please sir keep telling me that spamming a trigger takes more skill then pacing your shots it's amusing :)

I only have to spam if my shots are missing due to bloom. If bloom does not involve random bullet placement then what is it for? And if we don't have guns that Spartan soldiers can use without worrying about in 200 or more years then idk. It isn't cod.

I am also done argueing with you. I am going to decide not to hear you complain. If you don't like the game you can go play something else. I won't go into a depression cause your not there. :)

Have a nice day.

It's very un-Halo-y, and feels very much like the bad part of Reach. The problem is that everyone starts out with a DMR. It's just a constant long range battle from the get-go. Run around with a friend, regen, and promethean vision, and simply tear everything apart at a nice, safe distance. It's a boring way of playing, but brutally effective, and therefore not doing so is not as fun, because you'll get steamrolled by those who DO utilize that tactic.

Halo 4 NEEDS a playlist where there are no custom loadouts, and everyone starts out with the ****ty AR like we always used to. The game plays nicely sometimes, but the overall feel of Halo 4 multiplayer is not very fun in my opinion. There is little incentive to move around the map or pick up other weapons.

I miss those up-close and personal sessions we had in Halo 2 and 3.

EDIT: And as to the BR in H2 and H3, it wasn't nearly as effective long range as the DMR, which is the main problem. Either you started out with BRs, or you fought to obtain them. But they weren't nearly as powerful due to the range limitation. On that topic, I would assume that is a big reason they added bloom in the first place.

• Like 1