Halo 4 Armor Effects!

SilentCO1

So is anyone else thinking like me? The first 2 Armor Effects in Reach were not great. I'm hoping in Halo 4, they will atleast take those 2 out and add some of these (prices are just a guess/reccomendation):

Scorching Aftermath (Fav On Bungie.Net Forums)

Your armor would be smoking and have little embers on it in several places. 1.25 million cR.

Ancient Acid

This would be similar to the Pestilence, but better. You're body would be covered thinly by acid that leaks off your armor. Since the acid is so hot, it causes smoke on your armor. When you die, It spews everywhere (doesn't cause damage). 1 million cR.

Blackhole (Fav on Bungie.Net Forums)

You aren't actually invisible like a blackhole. Black and purple ominous clouds of shadows swirl around your Spartan. Your Spartan is still clearly visible although. When you die, The shadows move inward then quickly blast outward in all directions about 10 feet. 2 million cR.

Overgrown (Fav on Bungie.Net Forums)

This just causes your Spartan to have vines wrapped around his body and have moss like substances growing on his armor. 750 thousand cR.

Water Hazard

This creates a thin veil of water that swirls around your Spartan's body. It would occasionly drop a couple droplets of water (like Ancient Acid does). When you die, the water simply falls to the floor around your dead body. 750 thousand cR.

Tundra (Credit to "rednax700")

This would make it look like your Spartan just came from a snowstorm. He would be covered in snow and would look like he's frozen. You would be suprised that he has full movement. 1 million cR.

Ghost (Credit to "one rabid bunny")

Unlocked at Hero or another high rank in Halo 4. You're spartan would have a ghostly appearence, like it was invisible (but you can still clearly see it). Fog would swirl around your feet. When you die, you're body would become human again, but the fog would make a veil around your body. 3-5 million cR.

Glitch (Credit to "one rabid bunny") [possible addition]

You're spartan would flicker, and as your health decreased, you would flicker faster. When you die, your body would overload, let out a little shock, then fall to the ground and flicker slightly.

Does anybody else like these ideas? Tell me if you do and tell me if you think they should be added to Halo 4.

List Your Three Favorites Please. :D

And if you have any good ideas, I might add them. Let's get Halo back on track, I know 343i can do it!

I think really none of them is the best = armore effects are not what MC has, its a shooter game not a how do i make my character look as rediculous as possible

exactly they need to focus on the GAMEPLAY and make it more like halo 2 and 3 but with inhanced graphics. Reach was a total fail with the credits, gameplay such as the "armor abilities", and the only people that like it are kids that werent good in halo 2 and 3. True skill needs to come back and a huge independant server should be made so there is no host. BR > DMR. One last wish that wont happen would be EXPLODING headshot with ONLY the sniper rifle like gears of war. That's it.

i think a cool amour effect would be when u camouflage your armor will look almost the same as the background like if your in a snowy map you activate camouflage or you find the blue circle like H3, then your amour will have white spots in his amour and stuff like that with the camouflage.

• 2 weeks later...
i think a cool amour effect would be when u camouflage your armor will look almost the same as the background like if your in a snowy map you activate camouflage or you find the blue circle like H3, then your amour will have white spots in his amour and stuff like that with the camouflage.

You mean like, "Active Camouflage"? Like what the game already has?

I think the point people have made is correct. Lets focus on gameplay, not armour effects/the armoury. Most of those sound cool, but they can be quite annoying, especially now everyone has started to get them. I think the gimmick starts to wear thin after a while, and unlike reach I want halo 4 to be a game which i play over a long period of time, and hearing children scream after every kill would begin to get a bit tedious.

Have to agree completely. While the armor effects did add that little extra "oompf" to replay, it grew very fustrating for those of us in the multiplayer environment. All those extras caused a huge spike in match spamming players. Even now, almost a year later, it is hard to find good "team" based players to game with, instead, you get a bunch of guys who credit farm for these extras.

If they are going to have add-ons for armor and gameplay, they need to re-think the way these things get achieved. First off, the credit system is flawed. All add-ons should be based on a gameplay award system. Make it so that certain objectives must be met before you can purchase these items.

For instance, instead of simply saying, yeah go ahead a spam a few matches to get that 3000 credits for the new armor or effect; why dont they instead say "hey! Go assinate 100 Elites and 200 grunts", then you can have it?

And then mix things up. make some things match specific. "10 assists, 2 assinations, 1 vehicle kill, and dont die".

This kind of armor and effect add-on system would most definatly spice things up and prevent tons of lame ass players from standing around all day farming for things.