Make Headshots Count

xXMasadaXx

I've been a Halo fan from the first game, and this isn't me raving on about 343 mucking things up. As a whole, I actually find myself to enjoy Halo 4. There's just one small issue that frustrates me greatly when it comes to online; the damage map. I'm perfectly alright with the Battle Rifle(and DMR) taking 5 headshots to kill; however, I'm NOT ok with it only taking 4 shots ANYWHERE to drop shields. This is completely unjustifiable. So what it takes 3 shots to the body with no shield to kill versus the 1 to the head, you now only *need* to aim for one single shot. This honestly wouldn't be such a big deal to me if it weren't for cases where you are being team BR'd/DMR'd to death from body shots and one, well placed, headshot. Body shots should never give as much damage as headshots, there is no excuse for it. This is Halo, not Call of Duty.

• Like 1

But, a shield has no similarities to a human body. Shooting a person in the head, and shooting a shield in the...shield, are two different things. A shield doesn't have weakpoints that should be targeted, unless somehow you could target whatever is giving the armor its power in the first place, buttttt, you can't do that in this game, and won't ever be able to.

But, a shield has no similarities to a human body. Shooting a person in the head, and shooting a shield in the...shield, are two different things. A shield doesn't have weakpoints that should be targeted, unless somehow you could target whatever is giving the armor its power in the first place, buttttt, you can't do that in this game, and won't ever be able to.

Clearly you're new to Halo online? In every game before this one(and maybe Reach), body shots have never done as much damage as headshots have. 343 changed that damage in Halo 4, it hasn't been that way in the past.

Clearly you're new to Halo online? In every game before this one(and maybe Reach), body shots have never done as much damage as headshots have. 343 changed that damage in Halo 4, it hasn't been that way in the past.

Clearly you can't read? I'm talking about a shield. Shoot a spartan in the foot four times and their shields are gone. Shoot them in the head four times and their shields are gone. It's always been like that, and probably always will.

No.. it hasn't. Are you aware at all of Halo 2 and 3? If so, start up a custom game in either of them and see how many shots to the body it takes to kill opposed to headshots. Shields included, of course. If i didn't have good reasoning to start this thread, I wouldn't have. I know what i'm talking about.

Edit:

You know what? I'll admit it, I was wrong. Four body shots *do* drop shield in Halo 3. However, four headshots don't drop shields, they kill. That being said, my argument towards body shots doing more damage is still valid in terms of Halo 4. It shouldn't take 5 headshots to kill if they allow shields to drop with 4 shots ANYWHERE. Where is the balance?

It's always been 3 to the body 1 to the head. The way it should be. Gotta deplete shields first (3 shots).

You've got to shoot the shield to deplete it. So shooting ANYWHERE (since the ships covers the whole body) 3 times depletes it. Then it takes 1 head shot to kill and 2-3 to the body to kill.

It's been like that for every halo.

I literally just put in Halo 3 and tested it personally... it takes 4 shots to the body to drop shield in Halo 3. Not three shots, four. However, 4 headshots will kill, not just drop shields..

Of course 4 shots kill you...3 of them take down shields and the 4th kills you. As Butch said 3 drop shields and last one will kill you if its in the head. As for the excuse of shields you sain in OP there is an "excuse" or better said an explanation. No matter where you shoot in the body it will drop shields....Why? Because shield cover a whole body.

Only reason why 4 shots to the head killed you is because it took 3 shots to drop shields and one to finish you off because..well..you dont have shields anymore. Headshots do not bypass your shields.

seriously are we complaining about this? Yes a head shot does more damage than a body shot. Shooting the SHIELD anywhere does equal amounts of damage. Always has, why complain about it now? It has always been body body body head, any good player with experience knows this. You don't go for all headshots cos that is a smaller target. Only when shields are dropped do you go for max damage on the head. I am sorry if this is too much information for you to think about in game while you are trying to DMR/BR someone.

This is ridiculous.. until you put the game in for yourselves and see that it takes FOUR body shots to drop shield, NOT three, this "argument" as you call it is just blatant ignorance. I'll put it into simple, easy to understand kindergarten steps.

Halo 3 - 4 body shots + 1 headshot = death.

4 headshots = death.

Notice there was a difference of one entire shot? Let's move on.

Halo 4 - 4 body shots + 1 headshot = death

5 headshots = death.

In Halo 4, there is no longer a reward for practicing good marksmanship, as there was in Halo 3.

...Get it now?

This is ridiculous.. until you put the game in for yourselves and see that it takes FOUR body shots to drop shield, NOT three, this "argument" as you call it is just blatant ignorance. I'll put it into simple, easy to understand kindergarten steps.

4 headshots = death.

5 headshots = death.

In Halo 4, there is no longer a reward for practicing good marksmanship, as there was in Halo 3.

...Get it now?

You are missing the *skill gap*

Every good Halo 3 player knew to go body, body, body, head.

There was never an extra reward for just going for the head, in fact with the BR spread you were more likely to miss more shots aiming for a smaller target only aiming for the head on all 4 shots.

When will you understand this concept. Watch any Halo 3 MLG commentary and you will get it.

4 headshots = death.

5 headshots = death.

...Get it now?

You're completely wrong.

In Halo 3, 3 shots took down the shields, with the 4th shot being the headshot.

Please don't come onto forums crying with your absolute garbage arguments.

4 headshots = death.

5 headshots = death.

...Get it now?

Wrong my friend. In Halo 3, 3 body shots followed by a head shot (provided all bullets in the BRs burst hit) would kill. In fact, IIRC, the entire 4th burst wasnt even necessary as I think the 1st bullet of the 4th burst finished the shields off, the 2nd (to the head) would kill and the 3rd bullet was unnecessary. Now its the same with +1 shots necessary added in as the BR is now 5sk. This is all after not having played 3 since Reach came out but I am fairly certain I am correct on this. Edited by Benchimus

In previous halo games the BR would kill with 4 shots to the head.

people seem to forget though that each burst is 3 bullets.

It allowed for one mistake in precision. One body shot with three other shots to the head would prove fatal as well.

This is because in the 4 shots to the head 3 would drain shields to a incredible minuscule amount. The first bullet in the last burst would destroy the remainder of the shield and the next round would be fatal. The third bullet wasnt necessary.

In the terms of the one bodyshot three headshots being fatal that is because of the final bullet being the fatal one and the previous two knocking out the rest of the shield.

I thoroughly thoroughly remember these instances. I played far too much halo as a kid.

In previous halo games the BR would kill with 4 shots to the head.

people seem to forget though that each burst is 3 bullets.

It allowed for one mistake in precision. One body shot with three other shots to the head would prove fatal as well.

This is because in the 4 shots to the head 3 would drain shields to a incredible minuscule amount. The first bullet in the last burst would destroy the remainder of the shield and the next round would be fatal. The third bullet wasnt necessary.

In the terms of the one bodyshot three headshots being fatal that is because of the final bullet being the fatal one and the previous two knocking out the rest of the shield.

I thoroughly thoroughly remember these instances. I played far too much halo as a kid.

Were we separated at birth?...

Fairly certain it was only the MLG variants of Halo 3 where all 12 shots weren't necessary, but I could be wrong.

But yeah, these guys are right.

Halo 3 -

4 Shots to drop shield

If the bullet that actually dropped the shield to 0 was in the head, instead kill

First three shots could be anywhere, last shot must be in head

Halo: Reach and Halo 4

4 Shots to drop shield + 1 shot to kill

First four shots could be anywhere, last shot must be in head.

The only REAL difference is the extra shot since Halo 3, but the guns shoot faster.

Furthermore, Halo is not a PC arena shooter. Halo is not Quake or Unreal. The skills required to be good are far more diverse and complex than just robotic headshot perfect aim. Halo has never been about that so exclusively. The unique rifle duels Halo offers makes the game unique from the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

If they could make Headshot's worth getting again it would please me. Only due to the fact that any ordinary noob can now just aim at u with the reticule with the dmr/br/carbine/LR and as long as u hit everytime with the weapon its a guaranteed kill if u hit them first. It's rediculous to even let underskilled players get kills they dont deserve for just being able to get the first shot off on the person and keep a reticule on you while spamming shot's since accuracy doesnt even seem to matter. With this said, all they have to do is make Headshot's do the extra damage for us with better Marksmanship skill's. the system in Halo 2 and 3 was amazing cause if u got the headshot's on the guy you would automatically win most of your fight's even if they were to get the first shot off on you.

#Headshots = more damage dealout in any game it should be like that in Halo 4 its a really easy fix. For anyone who say's it should'nt be touched you obviously want the game to be easier so that you dont have to worry about getting headshot's. His point is valid his info may be abit off from comparing other game's to the recent but nonetheless he's just asking for a skill-gap between players who dont even go for headshots just spam hoping for a kill.

It wasn't only MLG variants. The four-shot of Halo 3 was possible in default, and you could miss only a single bullet to pull it off. People here are absolutely retarded. It has ALWAYS been equal damage to body and head when you have shields. It only took 3 shots and 1 head shot to kill in H3, or it took 4 headshots. The reason you morons are getting different results is cause you don't know how to test for **** and forgot the the BR is a 3 round burst. Say you shoot someone 3 times in the body, now, their shields haven't completely popped but it doesn't matter because this isn't a DMR game. Your 4th shot WILL kill them because the 1st bullet pops what was left of the shield and the 2nd or 3rd bullet kills them.

This is the same exact formula that has been in every Halo. Body and head shots do the exact same amount of damage when you take into account burst.