Game Mode Suggestions For War Games [ New Game Mode Ideas and Old Ones Brought Back]

Matt9196

Guns Blazing & One Shot One Kill  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should These Game Modes be Added as New Playlists?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just Guns Blazing
    • Just One Shot One Kill

New Game mode Ideas:

Guns Blazing: A game mode in which every loadout's primary weapon is a SAW and the secondary is a magnum. Loadout also includes 2 frag grenades. The score goes up to 750 or 600. No vehicles, and it's 5 v 5. Close-quarter maps and mid range maps.

One Shot One Kill: A game mode in which every loadout's primary weapon is a Binary Rifle and secondary is a Boltshot. Loadout also includes 1 pulse grenade. The score goes up to 600. No vehicles, and it's 4 v 4. Long-range maps.

Old Game mode Suggestions:

Team Swat

Grifball

Team Snipers

Extraction (Well this one is new but it is not in the War Game's playlist.)

Multi Team

Team Doubles

Invasion

Action Sack

Team Tactical

Assault

Well those are my ideas and suggestions. Please tell me what you think and if they should be added into War Games as new playlists. Thank you.

I can imagine that they will bring back all the old game modes you posted. I don't see why not.

As for your suggested game modes. Guns blazing could be alright but may get a bit boring after a while, especially if there are no weapons pick ups (not sure, you didn't state)

One shot one kill sounds like team snipers for people who can't get head shots. Again i can imagine it being fun for a bit but tailing off pretty quickly.

I had an idea the other day while playing spartan ops. I had promethean vision on and killed an elite and saw i could pick up his camo. For some reason i thought i could have bothe promethan vision and camo, which lead me to thinking how awesome it would be if you could have both. It would be like being the predator (from predator of course haha). This led me to thinking of what i think would be a cool game mode.

It is basically juggernaught. The juggernaught (predator) Has camo, a sword (and or hammer, havent got a chance to try things out yet so this is all going to be theory but probably just sword), promethean vision and overshield (the amount would be decide through testing, i think 2x might be too much but if the survivors stick together they could still quite easily rip through that). The predator hunts down the other players gaining points for kills. If the predator is killed the person who killed him becomes the predator.

A few reasons why i think it would be a good game mode:

1.Simple (one game and you will have a good grasp of how to play it out, stick with your team mates or die alone)

2. Strategic (goes for both the predator and the survivors, As predator do you go into a room full of people and go for a big multi kill or take out stragglers away from their team mates)

3. Sense of fear (When the predator uses his promethean vision the survivors will see it ping across their radar alerting them that the predator is near and probably knows exactly where they are, the survivors then have to options, fight or flight. again the promethean vision adds more depth and strategy, do you use your vision to see how many people are in the next room and risk giving away your position to the survivors?)

As for which weapons the survivors should have i think it would require a good amount of testing to figure out which guns work and which don't. Im thinking survivors spawn with BR and Shotty. Then have a few power weapons around the map like sniper, saw, (only unsc weapons though, and probably no rockets), and the weapons should spawn in vulnerable places to so there is a risk/reward factor. Probably no vehicles either, maybe mongeese as a way of trying to get to the power weapons faster but the sound may give away your intentions to the predator (again adding depth and strategy to the game).

Anyway it would be great to here what people think and any suggestions they may have. Also i would love to see more ideas for game modes to, always interesting to see what people think up!

What i loved most in the recent multiplayer modes of the halo series was the swat playlist.

The games had a fast pace and it is easy to adapt to. The teams were often pretty balanced since aim was the winning factor. You get a one shot one kill when you shoot the enemy in the head and that leads to that a team that is 30 kills under pretty easly can regain the lead.

A cool addition to halo 4 is the choice between dmr and battle rifle.

I would love to see this playlist revisit the halo multiplayer one more time.

I also hope that they bring back the MLG playlist since it is a really competitive playlist.

I can imagine that they will bring back all the old game modes you posted. I don't see why not.

As for your suggested game modes. Guns blazing could be alright but may get a bit boring after a while, especially if there are no weapons pick ups (not sure, you didn't state)

One shot one kill sounds like team snipers for people who can't get head shots. Again i can imagine it being fun for a bit but tailing off pretty quickly.

I had an idea the other day while playing spartan ops. I had promethean vision on and killed an elite and saw i could pick up his camo. For some reason i thought i could have bothe promethan vision and camo, which lead me to thinking how awesome it would be if you could have both. It would be like being the predator (from predator of course haha). This led me to thinking of what i think would be a cool game mode.

It is basically juggernaught. The juggernaught (predator) Has camo, a sword (and or hammer, havent got a chance to try things out yet so this is all going to be theory but probably just sword), promethean vision and overshield (the amount would be decide through testing, i think 2x might be too much but if the survivors stick together they could still quite easily rip through that). The predator hunts down the other players gaining points for kills. If the predator is killed the person who killed him becomes the predator.

A few reasons why i think it would be a good game mode:

1.Simple (one game and you will have a good grasp of how to play it out, stick with your team mates or die alone)

2. Strategic (goes for both the predator and the survivors, As predator do you go into a room full of people and go for a big multi kill or take out stragglers away from their team mates)

3. Sense of fear (When the predator uses his promethean vision the survivors will see it ping across their radar alerting them that the predator is near and probably knows exactly where they are, the survivors then have to options, fight or flight. again the promethean vision adds more depth and strategy, do you use your vision to see how many people are in the next room and risk giving away your position to the survivors?)

As for which weapons the survivors should have i think it would require a good amount of testing to figure out which guns work and which don't. Im thinking survivors spawn with BR and Shotty. Then have a few power weapons around the map like sniper, saw, (only unsc weapons though, and probably no rockets), and the weapons should spawn in vulnerable places to so there is a risk/reward factor. Probably no vehicles either, maybe mongeese as a way of trying to get to the power weapons faster but the sound may give away your intentions to the predator (again adding depth and strategy to the game).

Anyway it would be great to here what people think and any suggestions they may have. Also i would love to see more ideas for game modes to, always interesting to see what people think up!

That would be a cool gamemode.

I want to see invasion come back most of all. And that really big map from reach. Forge world I think it was called.

Yeah I hope they bring back Forge world also. Lol what if there was A Slender game mode? Like one person was Slenderman lol.

Maybe you guys haven't established the friends list I have over the last oh, six years or so- But where the heck is 8 v 8 non-Slayer support. This game is going down if they are hog-tying people into playing Slayer as the sole full-player-numbers mode. Plain and simple.

True, Halo 4 needs bigger games with more players.