Anyone else think 343 took a huge step back in custom games?

minispawn5609

The other day I spent close to three hours making a flood map and was pretty happy with the results, so I load it up and go to make a corresponding gametype and thats when it hit me, I realized that they completely gutted the custom game options. In flood mode you cant have weapons on the map, I mean they literally went out of there way to disable it so that you can NEVER have weapons spawn in flood mode. So I continued to mess around and discovered not only is the option for weapons on map disabled, you cant even change the flood loadouts or set the flood to act as normal players. (Like make them not have the flood skin and have a custom set of weapons) For me and alot of other people this is a huge deal, they pretty much went out of there way to kill a large portion of the custom game modes and remove player freedom. 343 followed the CoD mentality in which the game modes are made specifically to be played one way with the player only being able to change small variables. If this is not hot fixed I feel like halo 4 wont live half as long as its predecessors and for alot of the forge and custom game community its a huge slap in the face.

I have also already run into a fair bit of disappointment with custom game settings. There were a lot of options removed. Normally that wouldn't be a problem because typically a developer will offer different options that perform the same function in a slightly different manner.

They dropped the ball. They had two great games with huge custom game support, and instead of incorporating all they had and improving upon them, they gut it.

There is simply no reason that we should have less options than Reach, and the fact that Halo 3 had more depth in the custom settings is a slap in the face to a rather large demographic.

I have also already run into a fair bit of disappointment with custom game settings. There were a lot of options removed. Normally that wouldn't be a problem because typically a developer will offer different options that perform the same function in a slightly different manner.

They dropped the ball. They had two great games with huge custom game support, and instead of incorporating all they had and improving upon them, they gut it.

There is simply no reason that we should have less options than Reach, and the fact that Halo 3 had more depth in the custom settings is a slap in the face to a rather large demographic.

Really though, Matchmaking can only entertain for so long and without custom games as a reliable back bone people will be back to other games in less then a month.