Call of Halo

Lollipop King

Okay, so I have been playing multiplayer and I have to admit I was so upset I did not want to play anymore. I am a huge fan of Halo 2 and 3 and i thought of Reach as a learning experience ? Then after everyone goes and gives you feedback on what should be done 343 goes and looks the other way like "OMG call of duty is selling so many games lets go ahead and make a ****ty copy of it and call it Halo". If I wanted to play call of duty I would go and play call of duty. call of duty is a 3 console game so stop trying to compete with it.

So here's a list of things me and I am sure thousands of others would agree with:

Armour Abilities : I guess it was a nice try but like I said earlier, if they failed in reach why put them in again. Promethean vision is the worst thing ever what were you thinking. That could possibly be the cheapest thing ever why would you create that.

DMR vs BR : so I think its pretty obvious by now that the DMR dominates over the BR. I think you should pick one or the other and not create this unbalanced competition. I am not sure if you made the BR so much less powerful then the DMR to make a point of why it was not in Reach and how the DMR is the better choice and that the DMR will beat out the BR every time even with the same amount of skill on both ends. Also when I am scoped in and i get shot my cross hairs go all over the place.

Health : I honestly forget i'm playing Halo because I die in 2 seconds and then spend half my time running back to where I died. You have no chance to move anywhere because if you come out of cover the assault rifle will hit me from across the map because apparently its so amazing now it can take away all shields in a matter of a few seconds from a solid distance. I don't like how you LITERALLY have no choice in a 2v1 and no one can say differently unless the two people are blind and you have an incineration cannon. their no chance to be clutch or do anything because you die so fast and from so far away if I wanted to get kills from across the map in halo 3 I would pick up a BR or a sniper now I just switch to my pistol that has crazy distance, accuracy and damage from across the map. That's just ridiculous it takes away the point of long range weapons.

Grenades: I cant quite pinpoint whats wrong with the grenades but their different and I don't like it and the poor plasma grenade, what have you done to it because it misses the stick and the Promethean grenade is like a power drain ?

Weapons on Map : I do not like at all how the weapons spawn on the map and show up for everyone to see. Why couldn't you keep it like it was and leave them spawning normally. Part of the game was getting weapon respawn times down and controlling the power weapons, Now they just pop up inconveniently and often are useless for what I need to accomplish. How do I kill a banshee with the newly spawned shotgun ( Hint you don't ). also Weapons disappear so fast you have to sprint your ass to were you died if you have any hope of picking up your sniper rifle or such. Also i want to be able to pick up grenades from people I have killed without having to have a dumb perk selected and it was part of the games to take your enemies things to use them against the next opponent.

Vehicles : why did you have to get rid of vehicles like the hornet or the falcon for team based drops in and out of a location. Now I have a mantis which has so much health its impossible to kill and once your team is dead you lose almost all map control if the mantis driver isn't slow in his dome. Vehicles also should not die from gunfire like they do. When I am driving a banshee I don't want to have to worry about getting hit by a sniper rifle and losing half my health and watching as part of my plane blows off. I get that weapons should damage vehicles but not completely decimate them. A good team shot can absolutely destroy a banshee or any other vehicle before it gets a chance to make an impact on the game.

Forge : cool I can have shadows let me just pause the game in an annoying fashion for everyone playing making anything impossible to create because no one has the patience to watch that happen 1000 times.

Last part of the campaign : I am not going to spoil anything but call of duty copy cat, I think yes.

Ranking system : if I wanted to suck at a game but get higher ranks I would play call of duty all day I want the old halo 3 skill based ranking system back. Also I would much rather have a symbol rank such as general or brigadier then a number because for me it just adds a little something extra.

medals : medals used to mean something and now I get one for dieing 3 times and getting a kill ? like gee that was necessary how about you give me a medal every time I spawn or reload my weapon ( sarcastic). medals used to mean something and when I get 5 medals in one kill I have no idea what I just did and no perfection medal? I didn't realize I wasn't playing halo anymore.

Beat downs: there is barely any lunge and when their is its not accurate its clumsy and often takes multiple tries to hit them twice, maybe its just me. the lunge is also very inconsistent on what it takes to connect a hit or miss and look like an idiot.

Spawn times : its so dumb that you can press X and spawn immediately because it doesn't give the team that had the skill to kill you to move any place because the minute they move you spawn back and gun them down because you die so easy in this game and this just creates minimal movement and mass camping.

Drop in Drop Out : I wouldn't mind a 2V3 in games like Halo 3 but now its so uneven one person usually means a boring spawn trap and its annoying joining these games losing and knowing power weapons will probably never spawn again because odds of them cycling all the way around these dumb drops is next to zero besides maybe the sniper on Ragnarok spawning constantly.

Lobby : I don't like how there is no countdown or lobby and often ill be looking at my new Armour and a game will start without me even knowing it was time to vote for a map.

Game types : no doubles, swat, snipers, grifball... I hope these will be added

Do I really have to unlock emblems really 343 ?

Shield regen. time: this should not take 7 seconds especially with how fast paced the game has become. I win a gun fight and have no health because even though the other person is awful, weapons are so powerful then I cant do anything because my shields go away and I either get murdered because you cant defend yourself for more then a second or I sit back useless.

Ordinance: The drop is not even close to you at all and I know i'm going to die in 1 second if I call it in because it drops 50 feet away from me and I have no chance if I'm not behind cover.

Maps : they all feel the same and there's to many levels to them for my liking. People are always running behind this unnecessary cover you have put every where or falling through 3 different levels often leading to a goose chase and ring around the Rosie too if the person is above or below you. They feel very one sided as well giving one team a huge advantage over the other.

Call of duty comparisons : pretty much feels like I have perks I can run around the map mindless dieing like its my job. I get these load out things that give me these over powered weapons that I can then use to get one kill and then die with them again. I will never win an uneven gun fight even a little bit. I also get a grenade indicator because we aren't like Call of Duty? Well that's what 343 said.

Side note : Campaign was very short to me but it was very well done and couldn't of asked for a better play through.

Sincerely,

please fix your ****** up game

• Like 3

If you don't like the game, DON'T PLAY IT. No one made you buy it and if you hate it so much throw it away because to you it isn't worth it and more game types are confirmed to come in later updates.

You're missing the point.

For some people who have played Halo since the beginning this game is a total disappointment, MP wise. Yes we could just easily not play it and I dont think I will any more but to leave this game after 6 titles because its evolved into such a mess is so disappointing.

• Like 1

If you don't like the game, DON'T PLAY IT. No one made you buy it and if you hate it so much throw it away because to you it isn't worth it and more game types are confirmed to come in later updates.

It's people like you that ruin games. People who are passionate as sad as it sounds about a series.. and give feedback on new releases. I know a ton of people who gave huge ammounts of feedback during the making of halo 4 who gave tons of feedback during reach and wanted to make the game better. But we don't get listened to. And then the majority of the community who play this game every now and again and will swap between games, come on the forum and say blah blah blah don't like it don't buy it.

We (the people who care about this series) Have played since halo ce and will continue to until they stop making halo's. When we come on here and say X needs fixing Y is fine. It's not a 'oh were not playing this game anymore' thread. It's genuine feedback across 4 others games that we feel is imbalanced / op / out of place.

Yeah it has been a one day but so what, people have right for a opinion and someone has to influence in this game or otherwise peoples voices will never get heard. There are some things that 343 should fix, it is not perfect multiplayer experience yet. My problems are when comparing to the previous titles, lag and spawns (well some halos have had bad spawns at start) But for example you are killed by X enemy and you spawn and in some scenarios, the enemy X kills you again right instance. I have experienced spawns where I spawn literally in the sight of sniperscope and die within one second as if I ever had a fighting chance there, also spawn trapping is still major problem. The system has opportunity to spawn you behind or right next to enemies but at the moment most players know how to trap other team in their spawn and how to prevent enemy team to spawn behind you. The system can spawn you behind enemies still but unlike in previous titles, it takes a lot more time this time around for the system to do so and usually it is too late to make a difference anymore in that time.

EDIT: And what can I say about lag that is not common knowledge? I guess nothing but don´t you just love how the air just shot you behind cover and it came from some direction where there are defiantly not even a sneaky cloak camper with sniper rifle. I always loved that hidden perk that allows you to shoot from everywhere to anywhere at any given time, I love it <3 :D

Yeah, why can't people have their opinions on the game? A LOT of people are saying it feels more like a CoD than Halo. Once SWAT comes around all will be well, lol. At least Slayer Pro takes a lot of the CoD out, but the ranking system is still bad.

I'm sure they'll come out with a new playlist for more hardcore players, I jut hope it's more like 2-3's system rather than Reach's arena.

I never understood why they got rid of Team Double Arena. Loved that! They should at least have more ranked playlists.

As for the OP, I agree with many of your complaints. Though I don't mind the change of pace and learning a new game. I never played CoD so I can't attest to the similarities.

See comments below in red.

Armour Abilities : I guess it was a nice try but like I said earlier, if they failed in reach why put them in again. Promethean vision is the worst thing ever what were you thinking. That could possibly be the cheapest thing ever why would you create that. I actually liked the the introduction of AA in Reach. Wasn't a fan of Armour Lock, but the other brought a nice aspect to the game. I also love the fact that everyone has sprint now in H4. I haven't had a chance to test out all of the new AAs, but I look forward to seeing how they can change the game.

DMR vs BR : so I think its pretty obvious by now that the DMR dominates over the BR. I think you should pick one or the other and not create this unbalanced competition. I am not sure if you made the BR so much less powerful then the DMR to make a point of why it was not in Reach and how the DMR is the better choice and that the DMR will beat out the BR every time even with the same amount of skill on both ends. Also when I am scoped in and i get shot my cross hairs go all over the place. I was excited about having a BR again...after several load outs with it as my primary, my excitement vanished. Something needs to be done to balance it out.

Health : I honestly forget i'm playing Halo because I die in 2 seconds and then spend half my time running back to where I died. You have no chance to move anywhere because if you come out of cover the assault rifle will hit me from across the map because apparently its so amazing now it can take away all shields in a matter of a few seconds from a solid distance. I don't like how you LITERALLY have no choice in a 2v1 and no one can say differently unless the two people are blind and you have an incineration cannon. their no chance to be clutch or do anything because you die so fast and from so far away if I wanted to get kills from across the map in halo 3 I would pick up a BR or a sniper now I just switch to my pistol that has crazy distance, accuracy and damage from across the map. That's just ridiculous it takes away the point of long range weapons. I agree, you seem to die much faster...not sure if it's weak health or overpowered weapons.

Grenades: I cant quite pinpoint whats wrong with the grenades but their different and I don't like it and the poor plasma grenade, what have you done to it because it misses the stick and the Promethean grenade is like a power drain ? I can't pinpoint the grenade issue either, but I'm not happy with it. The damage spread just doesn't seem as wide...especially with the plasma nades. As for the Promethean grenade...I can't figure out what the heck that thing does. Seems if you straight up hit someone they die immediately...but if it just hits the ground I don't understand what it does when you see that energy sphere thing...it doesn't seem to do much damage unless you are right on top of it.

Weapons on Map : I do not like at all how the weapons spawn on the map and show up for everyone to see. Why couldn't you keep it like it was and leave them spawning normally. Part of the game was getting weapon respawn times down and controlling the power weapons, Now they just pop up inconveniently and often are useless for what I need to accomplish. How do I kill a banshee with the newly spawned shotgun ( Hint you don't ). also Weapons disappear so fast you have to sprint your ass to were you died if you have any hope of picking up your sniper rifle or such. Also i want to be able to pick up grenades from people I have killed without having to have a dumb perk selected and it was part of the games to take your enemies things to use them against the next opponent. In a way I like the ordnance drops, but I also don't like not knowing exactly where the weapons are...like you I liked the fight for the power weapons. It made it even. Both teams knew where they spawned and knew when they spawned. If you lost the battle for it...tough titty! :) Also not liking that you can't pick up grenades without the perk...that's just moronic!

Vehicles : why did you have to get rid of vehicles like the hornet or the falcon for team based drops in and out of a location. Now I have a mantis which has so much health its impossible to kill and once your team is dead you lose almost all map control if the mantis driver isn't slow in his dome. Vehicles also should not die from gunfire like they do. When I am driving a banshee I don't want to have to worry about getting hit by a sniper rifle and losing half my health and watching as part of my plane blows off. I get that weapons should damage vehicles but not completely decimate them. A good team shot can absolutely destroy a banshee or any other vehicle before it gets a chance to make an impact on the game. I haven't played enough Campaign or BTB to really get a feel for the vehicles, but the sounds for both the Warthog and Mongoose are terrible and I agree they are damaged way to fast by weapons. Vehicles should maintain some integrity with hits from medium to long range weapons. Grenades and Power Weapons should be the things that really take them down.

Forge : cool I can have shadows let me just pause the game in an annoying fashion for everyone playing making anything impossible to create because no one has the patience to watch that happen 1000 times. Haven't Forged at all yet so I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Last part of the campaign : I am not going to spoil anything but call of duty copy cat, I think yes. Again haven't finished the campaign and never played CoD.

Ranking system : if I wanted to suck at a game but get higher ranks I would play call of duty all day I want the old halo 3 skill based ranking system back. Also I would much rather have a symbol rank such as general or brigadier then a number because for me it just adds a little something extra. I was used to the ranking system on Reach and didn't mind just going into Arena if I wanted to "Rank" up. But it would be cool to see ranks like H3 again and I couldn't agree more about having a Symbol Rank over the stupid SR20 crap.

medals : medals used to mean something and now I get one for dieing 3 times and getting a kill ? like gee that was necessary how about you give me a medal every time I spawn or reload my weapon ( sarcastic). medals used to mean something and when I get 5 medals in one kill I have no idea what I just did and no perfection medal? I didn't realize I wasn't playing halo anymore. Haven't delved to deep into the medals, but I kind of like the comeback kill. Though it does show that you died 3 times in a row it's nice to see a reward for getting back on the right path! :) I don't understand the "General Kill" medal though. We don't need a medal for a regular kill with a body shot or shotgun. Also don't need a grenade kill medal. The Sticky Medal was nice cause you actually had to stick the player, but just randomly tossing nades and getting medals for it is dumb.

Beat downs: there is barely any lunge and when their is its not accurate its clumsy and often takes multiple tries to hit them twice, maybe its just me. the lunge is also very inconsistent on what it takes to connect a hit or miss and look like an idiot. I've had some pretty close quarters hand combat that has been pretty ridiculous. Not sure what it is about the lunging...or lack there of, but I haven't had much success yet. Still wish assassination were quicker!

Spawn times : its so dumb that you can press X and spawn immediately because it doesn't give the team that had the skill to kill you to move any place because the minute they move you spawn back and gun them down because you die so easy in this game and this just creates minimal movement and mass camping. Killcam can go away for all I care. And as much as I love instantly respawning. I can see how it's a total disadvantage for the team that got the kill. There needs to be some sort of wait time with respawns...even if they keep killcams and you choose not to watch it you should be forced to wait a set time before respawning.

Drop in Drop Out : I wouldn't mind a 2V3 in games like Halo 3 but now its so uneven one person usually means a boring spawn trap and its annoying joining these games losing and knowing power weapons will probably never spawn again because odds of them cycling all the way around these dumb drops is next to zero besides maybe the sniper on Ragnarok spawning constantly. My least favorite thing about H4 so far. Can't stand getting thrown into a game that is half way over and my team is already losing by a lot! That's probably the reason the teammates I'm replacing dropped out of the game in the first place. So I'm thrown on a team with terrible players and get the loss on my Service Record. AWESOME!! (Sarcasm)

Lobby : I don't like how there is no countdown or lobby and often ill be looking at my new Armour and a game will start without me even knowing it was time to vote for a map. Not a fan of the Lobby at all. It's confusing. You can't change your vote. And I too have been looking at stats and before I even know it a new game has started and I didn't even realize that voting had occurred and we were about to start a new game.

Game types : no doubles, swat, snipers, grifball... I hope these will be added Not worried here. I'm sure they we'll release more. Though why the didn't include them immediately is beside me!

Do I really have to unlock emblems really 343 ? OH EM GEE!!! For serious, why they did this boggles my mind!

Shield regen. time: this should not take 7 seconds especially with how fast paced the game has become. I win a gun fight and have no health because even though the other person is awful, weapons are so powerful then I cant do anything because my shields go away and I either get murdered because you cant defend yourself for more then a second or I sit back useless. Again, agree wholeheartedly. With the easy at which you lose your shield and how fast paced that makes the game, you'd think they'd regen a little quicker.

Ordinance: The drop is not even close to you at all and I know i'm going to die in 1 second if I call it in because it drops 50 feet away from me and I have no chance if I'm not behind cover. I can't figure out ordnance drops. I've tried looking different ways and down at my feet and it's just so random where it ends up sometimes and like you said, it's never as close to you as you wish it was!

Maps : they all feel the same and there's to many levels to them for my liking. People are always running behind this unnecessary cover you have put every where or falling through 3 different levels often leading to a goose chase and ring around the Rosie too if the person is above or below you. They feel very one sided as well giving one team a huge advantage over the other. So far I have no complaints with the maps. I'd like to get a lot more games in on them before I start passing judgement there.

Call of duty comparisons : pretty much feels like I have perks I can run around the map mindless dieing like its my job. I get these load out things that give me these over powered weapons that I can then use to get one kill and then die with them again. I will never win an uneven gun fight even a little bit. I also get a grenade indicator because we aren't like Call of Duty? Well that's what 343 said. No comment.

Side note : Campaign was very short to me but it was very well done and couldn't of asked for a better play through. Still playing through solo on Legendary and having a good time with it so far. Look forward to finishing up this weekend.

Sincerely,

please fix your ****** up game