Great game 343, but Multiplayer needs some work.

MulchChile

Let me start by saying, these are just my opinions. To some people, I may sound totally out of my mind and they think the game is perfect the way that it is. I am not here to flame, simply to express my opinions, as an 11 year player who plays competitively for fun.

The maps suck.

Nothing memorable, no great maps like lockout, or hang 'em high. A lot of times on the smaller maps people will spawn behind you. I one time spawned behind the other team, while they were engaged in a BR fight with my team. Easy triple kill, also very stupid.

Also, who's brilliant idea was it to enable instant respawns in Infinity Slayer? It is so incredibly stupid to be killed by someone 2-3 seconds after killing them because they were able to instant respawn. I sometimes wonder while i play, did 343 playtest this game, or are they incredibly fond of really stupid game mechanics?

I expect within a few months there will be forge variations, and we won't have to play these terrible maps anymore.

Weapon problems.

The AR is definitely more powerful than its Halo 3 counterpart, much stronger. The Suppressor is also a little out of control for it to be a load out choice.

This game shines in fast paced, medium range battle rifle fights. I don't mind some of the weapons getting a bit of a buff, but in a medium ranged situation they are too powerful.

Ordnance drops also remove all concepts of weapon control from Halo. It used to be you knew someone had a sword, someone had a shotgun, and someone has the sniper. Now entire teams can have shotguns/scatterguns/swords/snipers, its a little ridiculous.

Not MLG, not yet.

I understand that there's a "Slayer Pro" that takes a lot of these things out. Even as a 12 year player in the MLG scene, i'm not one who thinks we need to go to "Just BR's and sprinting"

I think with some of the armor abilities, and some of the new things added to this game it can grow and evolve to be a more rich and deep game.

Ok i'm gonna stir the pot up a little bit.

The maps are terrible, just awful.

It feels like you built this game for noobs, which you probably did, because your probably all noobs.

Grenades are too strong, your trying to give bad players ways to get kills, but your just going to have to accept that this game will have a learning curve.

You made the game great, but failed your gametypes terribly. Turn down weapon damage, turn down grenade damage, up everyone's speed a little bit, take out all this new noob **** you put in (ordnance, new stupid weapons) and give us the game this should be.

Alot of my friends have already beat the campaign and will never play the game on xbox live again. Fix it at the risk of losing more people.

I agree with the map part mostly, especially regarding the spawns, and how everything feels too noob friendly.

I feel while the game engine and sounds, and physics seem to be perfected, a lot of the games main mechanics seem to be a bit... underdeveloped.

I really do hope that there is a huge, "we're sorry" patch that fixes some of the broken thing, and adds many features.

Grenades are just as powerful as other halos but the radius is absolutely tiny. Even if you have a grenade indicator it is possible to take no damage, which is silly.

I agree maps aren't special. Solace seems to be one they nailed. Ragnarok of course is great. I haven't got to play some very much though. Maps like abandon and adrift aren't that special. They all work though. I don't mind the maps and forge variants WON'T be better. Too many forge world maps in multiplayer is partially what wrecked Reach. No variety all forge world crap. I don't want integration of community maps into multiplayer. Halo 3 didn't need it and it was more successful.

Kill times are faster than ever but good. Mid-range is definitely too fast. Assault rifle at CLOSE range melts people but at mid range it performs how we all wanted it to, well.

Shield recharge is way too slow.

Too few gametypes at launch imo and why would they make oddball a playlist few people liked it.

awesome post for an 11 year old, I agree with everything except the nade dmg. I think the nade alert thing they jacked from cod needs to be taken out of the game, makes nades to easy to avoid.

you don't think it's a little silly for a spartan not to be able to detect grenades efficiently? It's a feature that makes sense. It doesn't make sense in CoD but it makes sense in Halo.

You have some very great points, however I don't think they really need to change the damage as much as the fire rate. When I am in a firefight and the enemy has a BR or DMR and they get the first shot I have no chance most of the time. Sometimes I will jump as soon as I see them and die before I hit the ground. For how accurate the DMR is, combined with the speed and accuracy it is OP.