Cant Halo 4 Split Screen Multiplayer online with Guest

Jakeyj333

I can't do this either. I have Gold and am signed in, but when my friend enters the roster on Guest, an error message pops up that says we must have a Gold account to play - and we are both promptly **** out. I used my 14 day trial to show my friend the multiplayer, but here it doesn't work at all!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, I'm also using the 14 day trial. Maybe the online spiltscreen (with guest account) is blocked when using free gold trials? Or does the second player also need to pay for Live Gold? That would just ruin the online spiltscreen fun I had with all previous halo's when I had Xbox Live Gold....

I did find this:

Is a Gold Membership required for the second player in combo co-op on the 360?

Yes. An online game can only be played if both players have a Gold account. Otherwise you are restricted to local co-op play.

at: http://www.co-optimus.com/article/9194/halo-4-co-op-faq.html

Does anyone know if this truly is a fact? Because I was planning to buy some more Gold membership, but I'm not going to do it if I can't do splitscreen online...

I've played games online that have had guests in them. I think the problem is attempting to use the 14-day gold trial and logging a guest in. It doesn't want to allow you to do that because you're only in a trial version of XBox Live Gold.