What good is forge without solid custom gametype options?

Sam The Great

343 left out a ton of customization options we had in the past 2 Halo games for our custom gametypes.

For me at least, there is practically no point to forge because I won't be able to create a proper infection/Flood variant for the map to work best. You cannot change the Flood/human loadouts, you cannot change the human colors, you cannot change scoring options, you cannot enable/disable the Flood appearance in case you want to make a minigame not revolving around Flood/zombies, etc. And then of course the options are cut down fairly severely for other gametypes as well, including some gametypes not appearing at all. No Assault, no one sided CTF with flag dropping/picking up, no VIP, no race mode. We cannot change each gametype to our own liking to the same degree as we could in the past. As far as custom games go, Halo 4 is a big step backwards, for now at least.

Is there hope to get options back in patches/title updates, or do I need to move on and forget about custom games?

• Like 2

Yea like weps dont spawn in flood mode, and its greyed out. Like they actually went out of there way to make it so you can never have weapons on the map during flood. They pretty much butchered custom games, you cant even set the zombie loadouts. I dont understand how they can move forward with everything then take a huuuuge step back to halo 2 status in custom games. The game is good but I just cant make sense of how they left it so lacking. I guess 343 just doesn't have the same attention to detail that bungie has.

Same here I was like "wtf!" no one sided ctf! What's going on 343? Campaign was pretty solid but you forgot about forge!!!???

Bring it all back. VIP, race, assault. Give us our creativity back! Without it you wouldn't have zombies and races and grifball in the first place! 343....are you listening??