Thrusters could use a definite buff.

RedmanXplosion

Been having loads of fun with Halo 4's Campaign and Infinity Multiplayer so far with my friend on split-screen together and really haven't seen a Halo as great as this since Halo 2.

That said, I feel like we really need to bring our attention to the Thrusters Armor Upgrade. This is definitely one of my favorite upgrades because of its utility and it's just down-right cool. After playing around 10 matches with it I began to notice that it was just a hindrance to use, I would end up dying more in CQC because of its lack of thrust distance and the delay after using it. If you compare the Thrusters to Sprint, it's almost like it is trying to do the same thing as Sprint but in all directions yet worse in just about every situation.

Things I'd suggest to buff this are...

• Doubling the Thruster charge, because compared to just spamming Sprint or Jet pack it's just laughable (to make it balanced for the Flood game type you could lower the anti-grav modifiers because it would just be stupidly over powered).
  • Adding a 1 second immunity to explosive damage effects.
  • Increasing the cool down by half.
  • Let players shoot while it's being used.

Thanks for making such a great game otherwise 343i and thanks for reading my post Halo community!

• Like 1

Agreed. For Flood this works fine, but for Spartans it really is silly. Definitely needs tweaking and I very much like the suggestions you brought up. Maybe it can work as a melee shoulder-charge in exchange for shooting in motion?

Then again, I may just be using it entirely wrong. I love the concept, just not the implementation.

Agreed. For Flood this works fine, but for Spartans it really is silly. Definitely needs tweaking and I very much like the suggestions you brought up. Maybe it can work as a melee shoulder-charge in exchange for shooting in motion?

Then again, I may just be using it entirely wrong. I love the concept, just not the implementation.

I'd rather not loose shooting with it since I personally use it to duck in an out of cover.