conversation with the "Librarian"

mjjdj88

can anyone explain to me what in the world she was going on about? i was baffled by almost everything she said.

humans fought the forerunners?

they tried to basically do the synthesis ending of mass effect 3 and it back fired right? i think i got that part

but what was she talking about when she said she "hid away the seeds for cheif and his armor and cortana"

i honestly dont know what 343 was trying to go for hear

Could you at least have chosen a different title? Thanks for spoiling what I'm sure is a big part of the game for me. And yes, humanity and forerunners fought in a war before the firing of the halo rings. Humanity had a space-faring empire that rivaled the forerunners, so when they defeated us in war, they basically put us back into the Stone Age.

then hop off the forums and go play. shutup.

also i shouldnt have to buy a book to understand the ****** game. terrible writing imo

A game this far into a series has a lot of backstory, including an animated series, 7+ books as far as i recall, and a couple of spin-off titles [ODST, Halo wars].

Did you get Halo 4 without knowing/having read/played/watched any of these, and expect to fully understand the game and it's storyline? It's not like CoD where every game has an entirely new storyline, with few exceptions. It's a continuation of a story, one many, many fans have been anticipating.

And posting threads with spoilers makes me wonder if you're an imbecile, or just enjoy being a prick.

• Like 1

A game this far into a series has a lot of backstory, including an animated series, 7+ books as far as i recall, and a couple of spin-off titles [ODST, Halo wars].

Did you get Halo 4 without knowing/having read/played/watched any of these, and expect to fully understand the game and it's storyline? It's not like CoD where every game has an entirely new storyline, with few exceptions. It's a continuation of a story, one many, many fans have been anticipating.

And posting threads with spoilers makes me wonder if you're an imbecile, or just enjoy being a prick.

Considering the fact that almost every review mentioned that Halo 4's story is a hot mess I would have to state that the OP's confusion is justified. I'm deep into Halo and read anything I can in the universe but still the story was a little bit shaky and confusing. I think it was a lot better than other Halo's but I think it can and will be better in Halo 5.

• 1 month later...

then hop off the forums and go play. shutup.

also i shouldnt have to buy a book to understand the ****** game. terrible writing imo

You do not have to read the books to understand the game. The Librarian told you there was a war between humans and forerunners. That's all there is to it. If you can't understand that message, its not the Halo books you need to read. I don't understand why there are so many people complaining about this.

• Like 2