Cool armor mods for dual wielding

Echo

I've been playing through the old Halos recently, I'm currently on Halo 3 now, but I always thought it was cool how the secondary weapon showed up on the chiefs back. And then I thought about how dual weapons could easily be set on each side of his hip, in different holsters.

And then it made me think about the possibility of them bringing back dual wielding in Halo 5 since it'd be the "Halo 2" of the new trilogy. And because they tried so hard to make this give off the same new "discovery" impression that Halo CE gave off, they might try to do the same with Halo 2. Hijacking and dual wielding were some of the biggest changes to the series.

So I thought it'd be cool to think of some armor mods for dual wielding.

I kinda like the idea of having a mod that lets you have two holsters, allowing you to keep both dual wielding weapons in your secondary slot instead of dropping it when you switch weapons. This way, even if dual wielding wasnt used as much in halo 3, maybe it would be used more often by people who choose to walk around with an already set pair of two dual wielding weapons. Why dual wield if it forces you into a decision that ultimately gets turned over every once and a while by BR's and other primary weapons. If I could save two weapons, I could see myself using duals more in Halo 3. If I need to reload my BR or someone gets close to me I could just throw out two SMGs and finish him off.

I've been playing through the old Halos recently, I'm currently on Halo 3 now, but I always thought it was cool how the secondary weapon showed up on the chiefs back. And then I thought about how dual weapons could easily be set on each side of his hip, in different holsters.

And then it made me think about the possibility of them bringing back dual wielding in Halo 5 since it'd be the "Halo 2" of the new trilogy. And because they tried so hard to make this give off the same new "discovery" impression that Halo CE gave off, they might try to do the same with Halo 2. Hijacking and dual wielding were some of the biggest changes to the series.

So I thought it'd be cool to think of some armor mods for dual wielding.

I kinda like the idea of having a mod that lets you have two holsters, allowing you to keep both dual wielding weapons in your secondary slot instead of dropping it when you switch weapons. This way, even if dual wielding wasnt used as much in halo 3, maybe it would be used more often by people who choose to walk around with an already set pair of two dual wielding weapons. Why dual wield if it forces you into a decision that ultimately gets turned over every once and a while by BR's and other primary weapons. If I could save two weapons, I could see myself using duals more in Halo 3. If I need to reload my BR or someone gets close to me I could just throw out two SMGs and finish him off.

Sort of like the Dual weapons in Halo:CE custom maps? That'd be cool.

dual wielding in Halo:CE custom maps?

I meant like, what if in Halo 5, if they bring back dual wielding, it'd be cool to have an armor mod that would let you keep both dual wield weapons instead of dropping the left one when switching to your other weapon on your back.