Halo 4: A new members' 2 cents.

DonDon365

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just joined today. Been reading around the past couple days and decided the world needed to hear my 2 cents. Halo is one of my all time favorite games, but I must admit, Gears of War is my favorite. I play shooters almost exclusively, the main exception being Starcraft. I have been hearing a lot of moaning about the ranking system and game-play (armor abilities, customization stuff, OMG ITZ COD IM GONNA GO KILL MYSELF). So her is my 2 cents, I'm not a "fanboy" of any game in particular, I am mature and open enough to enjoy all games for what they are. Please don't take this personally if I offend you. I don't know how I would, but if so, I am sorry, these are my thoughts only.

The ranking system:

Ok I get it, I really do, I find it beyond stupid that there is no old school 1-50 skill rank system. It was fun to always play someone at/around your skill level and keep the games competitive. I would try very hard with my friends to coordinate and try to get as high as we could (for reference my highest in Halo 2 was 34 and my highest in Halo 3 was 43). I'm not that top of the line guy but I can compete with anybody. The problem, especially in Halo 2 (for me), was the good ole stand-by. People who are so obsessed with this rank, get a life, who really cares? Yes we all yell at the TV when some sword **** or rocket ***** keeps camping the spawn and owning you, but it is just a video game. I do understand its fun to show off cool armor or a high rank, but if you care that much, please go jump out the nearest window, the world doesn't need/want you. People cheated and de-ranked and ruined many games, not all, but enough to make it an issue. The new system will suffice for now, it gives people a reason to keep playing cuz lets face it, no everyone could hit 50 in Halo 3 no matter how long they played. Maybe they will incorporate some sort of 1-50 skill rank in the future (I'm sure they will), but until then buy the game and enjoy a new kind of Halo. Which brings me too...

The game-play:

Yeah, after watching some videos, this is far from Halo 3. Looks like Reach on PEDs. I can understand that a lot of people say "its not Halo, it just has that name stamped on it". Okay, true, it is not the same. But is that what you really want? I would much rather buy maps for Halo 3 than pay $60 for nothing but a few new guns and maps. Don't get me wrong, I would buy it cuz its Halo, but I'm actually really excited about all the new stuff. If I want to play the "fanboy" definition of "Halo", I'll pop in Halo 3. But Halo 4 is going to be faster twist of some of the other games I truly enjoy. This game is going to be sick. It looks beautiful and a little more "fresh" graphics wise. And this is why it will be awesome, Halo 4 takes a little bit from a lot of different games. Love or hate these games, most people have played all of them at some point: Halo (duh), COD (oh no! I'm gonna stop reading and start cutting myself because someone said COD), Battlefield (yeah this one is a stretch but I'm going for it), and Gears of War (my all time favorite shooter). From everything I read/watch/play, this is my take on what Halo 4 will be like. You have the fluid game play of Halo mixed with customizable guns and armor abilities of a COD type game. Add in some recoil from the likes of the DMR, sniper, and other guns (I told you the Battlefield reference was a stretch, but lets be honest, there is no recoil in COD, lol), plus the execution moves of Gears of War. This game sounds awesome and very different, but come on, its Halo at the core and its gonna be great. I even took of work on the 6th so I can play all night! Ha, such a closet nerd.

Happy fragging everybody, this game is gonna be sick!

• Like 3

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just joined today. Been reading around the past couple days and decided the world needed to hear my 2 cents. Halo is one of my all time favorite games, but I must admit, Gears of War is my favorite. I play shooters almost exclusively, the main exception being Starcraft. I have been hearing a lot of moaning about the ranking system and game-play (armor abilities, customization stuff, OMG ITZ COD IM GONNA GO KILL MYSELF). So her is my 2 cents, I'm not a "fanboy" of any game in particular, I am mature and open enough to enjoy all games for what they are. Please don't take this personally if I offend you. I don't know how I would, but if so, I am sorry, these are my thoughts only.

The ranking system:

Ok I get it, I really do, I find it beyond stupid that there is no old school 1-50 skill rank system. It was fun to always play someone at/around your skill level and keep the games competitive. I would try very hard with my friends to coordinate and try to get as high as we could (for reference my highest in Halo 2 was 34 and my highest in Halo 3 was 43). I'm not that top of the line guy but I can compete with anybody. The problem, especially in Halo 2 (for me), was the good ole stand-by. People who are so obsessed with this rank, get a life, who really cares? Yes we all yell at the TV when some sword **** or rocket ***** keeps camping the spawn and owning you, but it is just a video game. I do understand its fun to show off cool armor or a high rank, but if you care that much, please go jump out the nearest window, the world doesn't need/want you. People cheated and de-ranked and ruined many games, not all, but enough to make it an issue. The new system will suffice for now, it gives people a reason to keep playing cuz lets face it, no everyone could hit 50 in Halo 3 no matter how long they played. Maybe they will incorporate some sort of 1-50 skill rank in the future (I'm sure they will), but until then buy the game and enjoy a new kind of Halo. Which brings me too...

The game-play:

Yeah, after watching some videos, this is far from Halo 3. Looks like Reach on PEDs. I can understand that a lot of people say "its not Halo, it just has that name stamped on it". Okay, true, it is not the same. But is that what you really want? I would much rather buy maps for Halo 3 than pay $60 for nothing but a few new guns and maps. Don't get me wrong, I would buy it cuz its Halo, but I'm actually really excited about all the new stuff. If I want to play the "fanboy" definition of "Halo", I'll pop in Halo 3. But Halo 4 is going to be faster twist of some of the other games I truly enjoy. This game is going to be sick. It looks beautiful and a little more "fresh" graphics wise. And this is why it will be awesome, Halo 4 takes a little bit from a lot of different games. Love or hate these games, most people have played all of them at some point: Halo (duh), COD (oh no! I'm gonna stop reading and start cutting myself because someone said COD), Battlefield (yeah this one is a stretch but I'm going for it), and Gears of War (my all time favorite shooter). From everything I read/watch/play, this is my take on what Halo 4 will be like. You have the fluid game play of Halo mixed with customizable guns and armor abilities of a COD type game. Add in some recoil from the likes of the DMR, sniper, and other guns (I told you the Battlefield reference was a stretch, but lets be honest, there is no recoil in COD, lol), plus the execution moves of Gears of War. This game sounds awesome and very different, but come on, its Halo at the core and its gonna be great. I even took of work on the 6th so I can play all night! Ha, such a closet nerd.

Happy fragging everybody, this game is gonna be sick!

I agree....it is Halo at its core and it will always be Halo. Welcome to the forums :)

Agree with the original poster. I am glad that it's different from other games in the series.

Case and point is the other big shooter dropping soon. They churn out same stuff again and again with a few tweeks and charge full whack for what is ultimately a multiplayer map pack and revamped story.

• Like 1

Agree with the original poster. I am glad that it's different from other games in the series.

Case and point is the other big shooter dropping soon. They churn out same stuff again and again with a few tweeks and charge full whack for what is ultimately a multiplayer map pack and revamped story.

Pretty much and with the announcement of MW4 coming out next fall...it seems never ending...you would figure they would learn form their mistakes and fix them...but nope

I'm not throwing the idea of a H4 ranking system out of the window just yet. Waiting for the Halo Bulletin today to see if they've waited to unveil the best for last...

I am really hoping that is the case...a mix of progression and ranked woule be ideal