Player Set-up Thread

SilentCO1

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you want the Customization to be like?

• ODST Approach
    • Reach Approach
    • Gears of War Approach
    • "Spartan Program" Approach
    • Other
    • No Customization...

I made this to see what the community would want as the "characters" for Multiplayer. Here are the choices:

We could use the sort of ODST approach, where they had presets, but just had slightly different armor from the others along with color (Which would change on team games).

The Reach approach, where you have an armory and can customize your Spartan pretty much any way you want. It would use the same credit system.

(Sorry this part is so long, it hasn't been used in Halo so I have to explain how it would work)

The Gears of War approach, this would actually be pretty cool. This would include presets, but there would be a LOT of them. This would also bring back the Halo 3 style of play, where you could play as different Species when you're still on a team. Some gametypes would have it where it's Humans against Aliens or something like that, so there would be two tables to choose from, one Human, one Alien, and also a third one for regular gametypes. But the presets could include (NOTE: All of these have power armor on) Brutes , Spartan II's/III's/Headhunters/SPI, ODSTs, Elites, Forerunner Humanoids, Flood, and Possibly others. When you select your Standard Character for most gametypes, you would select a species, then it would go into a more detailed character customization, with many presets, which would include (Using Brutes as example) Brute Minor, Brute Chieftan, Brute Hero, etc. etc. All of this armor would be unlocked by progressing your rank, which would go back to receiving Exp. Forerunners wouldn't be unlockable until like level 25 or 30 (Out of 50) and that would be the Forerunner Minor. All other Species also have a Forerunner "skin" which would make them have extremely awesome looking armor that would probably be white. Because of the Team games, they would have to have a way to show the color. This could be just coloring every piece of their armor like they do with Spartans in all Halo games, or just having parts of it turn the team color.

This approach would also be presets, but only with Spartans. Since there are so many of them, you could choose from pretty much hundreds of them. They would each have different armor on, like Kurt would have the SPI armor, Noble Team would have their armor, John would have 4 different outfits: Classic, Mark VI, Mark VII? (New armor), and Sacred armor, which would be him wearing some kind of like Forerunner skinned armor. Each Spartan would also have a different size, like Jorge would be much bigger. Also, using this way, if you chose to play as Noble 6, your armor would carry over from Reach, so whatever you were wearing in Reach, you would have that for Noble 6. If you have no Reach record though, then it would just be default black armor. The size of the Spartan wouldn't effect the Hitbox though.

The "other" option, you must create a new one or add or take off from one I already listed.

And last but not least, the option that I hope nobody picks, No customization.

There would also be options for Elites or other alien species in each Poll option.

Please vote in the poll how you would like the Customization to be like.

That's my personal favorite too. But then again, they could re-do the Reach setup, using an armory, but you receive the credits like they were exp, allowing for total customization, but you would have much less detail in other species because all of it would be focused on Spartans.

I'm not a fan of Gears of War due to the third-person shooter aspect of it. That said, care to explain to people that don't play it what the Gears of War customization is?

There's a large amount of presets that are unlocked by leveling and such. Did you read the huge like paragraph I wrote? That pretty much explains it.

I personally like the Halo Reach approach the most except the credits should only be used to buy different types of armor rather being a level up system like in Reach. I didn't create this idea but i read it somewhere and i decided to it would be good to put it here. Hopefully they could use the Halo 2 leveling up system with credits to help you buy armor.

I don't know. In the end I'm not a big fan of any of those options.

I'm really, really detail-oriented, so anything short of complete customization of size and proportion, skins, colors, and basically every feature of my character/avatar, just leaves me feeling displeased.

I guess I'd like where we could pick between a Spartan, Elite, Forerunner, Precursor, or whatever skin. And then color customizing for that skin. Then, if there were changeable features on the skins to give them more individualized appearances. I would enjoy that immensely.

How this all comes to be is not something I'm concerned with. Credits, EXP, Skill Ranking - none of that matters to me.