'Squad' or 'Team' system, just an idea, what do you think?

Shokyr

Do you like the 'Squad' system?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the 'Squad' system? Would you use it?

• Yes
    • No (Please explain.)
    • Yes, but I'd like to make some changes (Again, please explain.)

Hey everybody. I'm new to the forum and plan on making an introductory thread right after this one, but for now - bear with me. I had an idea that some may or may not like.

I, as I know many others do, usually play with a team of the same 2-3 other people just about every day. The four of us usually play quite often together, just because we're good friends or play well with each other.

THE BASIC IDEA: You can have a set number of 'teams' in your armory, each 'team' composing of you and 3 other players (# of players may be changeable, depending on your selected playlist, but we'll use a four-player basis for explanatory reasons) that would be called a 'Squad'. The 'Squad Leader' could send invites to three other players, forming a full Squad.

WHAT WOULD WE USE 'SQUADS' FOR?: Squads could be implemented on a variety of levels. For example, there could be a button to 'Invite Squad to Party', which would send an invite to every one of your Squadmates that were online. That way, instead of inviting every one of your friends after you all get home from school, you could simply invite your squad to your party, and you'd all be ready to play.

POSSIBLE FEATURES OF SQUADS: Now, seeing a lot of Halo 4 gameplay online, it's become quite obvious to me that every team-based game has a set of 2+ teams, each of which has a name. I think it'd be cool (given that your Squad filled your team,) you could have the option to Name Your Squad. Obviously, this may or may not work, depending on how people might abuse this system. Maybe we could have a selection of team names we could pick. (Each Red/Blue team also has an emblem, I think a preferred emblem to pick from a list would be cool as well.) I also think it'd be awesome to have a 'preferred color' that your squad has chosen for it. This feature would try to get your squad (given that your squad fills the team) its' team color of preference. Allow me to explain a simple system to you:

Say two teams, each of which composed of one squad, got matched up in a game of Team Slayer. This is how color-assigning might go in the match.

Squad 1 - Squad 2 - Result

RED--------BLUE------PREFERRED RESULTS

BLUE-------RED-------PREFERRED RESULTS

BLUE-------BLUE------RANDOM

RED---------RED------RANDOM

You guys like my homemade chart? :thumbsup:

ISN'T THIS LIKE THE CLAN SYSTEM FROM HALO 2?: In short answer, not particularly. This would be a small-team based setup that would simply make the tedious task of inviting your friends a bit easier, along with adding some customization to the game. There are no rankings among the squad, it's just a set of you and a few friends. Not 100 people who never play together.

Anyway, I figured it was about time to wrap this thread up. Please let me see your guys' feedback, I really appreciate the input! I can make edits if something doesn't seem right, or if anybody has any improvements/suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Kinda like Battlefield's Squad system?

I could go for that, unless what your getting at is entirely different, then you're gonna need to simplify it for me.

Sorry, I've never played Battlefield all too much. I'll look into and let you know if it's similar.

(And if it is, we might need to come up with a different name. :mellow:)

EDIT: Hmm..in a way I feel like it would be somehwat similar. But, of course, there would be some big differences in between them.