Awesome Forge ideas for Halo 5 or 6, too advanced for HALO 4

gangstab0p

If you want ideas for Forge just look at the maps I've forged already in Halo Reach.

Specifically: The Cells, and The Faculty on gangstab0p's file share.

I'm going to list off things Forge would need to be Absolutely Amazing.

1) Texture choice & color choice: Not just gray metal like texture.

eg) Wood, Onyx, Tiles, Stone, Concrete, Grass etc. Any the ability to change the colors of each. (Pink Grass lol)

2) Daytime preferences: eg) Early morning, sunset, afternoon sun, evening, dusk, night... you get the idea.

3) Weather choices: Rain: light or heavy with thunder and lightning preferably, Snow: blizzard conditions if possible, Haha maybe in HALO 6 or 7 but seriously am I wrong??

4) Lights: Not just two balls of light per forge map. Like legit lights that you could switch on and off or even shoot out. I'm just saying it would be awesome. You would probably need to implement placeable light switches and give the option of indestructible lights.

5) Moving map pieces, some with animations.

Eg) Doors that open/close and are destructible, with the option of making them indestructible,

Elevators,

Escalators,

Forge robot wanderers that can be shot and explode causing debris and damage if a player gets hit,

Moving security cameras, with monitors showing realtime footage. Both destructible, with the option of making them indestructible. And if you reall wanna go far with it add tracks, for the camera do move around the level with.

Windows: Destructible, or not,(These obviously would be stationary),

Moving Belts(think airport or, those walking escalater type things at disney world)

Fire: Like a bin on fire, or fire burning on the ground from a chemical spill.

ETC.

6) Weapon cases: Some with breakable glass casing, some with breakable locks. Some that can hold multiple weapns.

7) More Decoration: eg) Plants, desks, food, radios, Spartan Storage Capsules like where master chief sleeps when he isn't needed, Toliets, mirrors, urnels, like decoration kind of speaks for itself.

8) Snapping option: Like if your making a floor or a ceiling or walls. Instead of spending hours lining them up, have a snapping tool that puts them perfectly together. Ofcourse with the option of disabling it.

9) More userfriendly gametype creation system: Simplify it, Have more specific tags like: Blue Team Bomb Detenation, Blue Team Bomb Spawn etc.

10) More Variety of Pieces: Like Ventilation systems, tunnels(remember highground's),Full Room Layouts with doorways attached etc for indoor maps, Spikes etc.

Well I'm sure I could think of more, but this is good for starters. I'd like to hear some more suggestions from everyone. Truthfully this Post is a bit late but these ideas I believe would be awesome and I hope to see them in Halo 5 or 6 if not Halo 4.

Remember to Check out the New HALO MOVIE @

God Bless yall.

• Like 1

I agree with pretty much everything OP says. I have a few ideas of my own though.

1. This would be really complicated, but awesome. Dynamic water (IE water can come from a source and will flow realistically, and you can swim in it.) Also, boats.

2. In a video posted recently I saw something that looked like an anti-gravity field (the player drove a mongoose through it and it went up instead of down.) I don't know if this is going to be in the game, but hopefully it is. A cool feature that could be added to that is that your orientation will shift with gravity, and gravity can be set in any direction. Imagine if there was a floor, and when you went beneath it you would flip over and start walking on the underside of it. Also,a gravity sphere that pulls players toward the center, allowing for mind****ing maps.

3. Usable machinery. This is similar to OP's idea for doors or elevators, but I would add things like light bridges or force fields, or even teleporters that can switch channel or be turned on/off.

4. Ammo crates. Think of the ammo boxes from reach firefight, except you can customize them to have limited ammo, or only certain types of ammo.

5. Separate layouts for each gametype. You would build your default version, then go back in after selecting a specific gamemode and make the changes you want. This would all be saved under one map, but would allow you to make minor weapon and layout tweaks for specific gametypes.

6. In-match purchases. Think of how each kill and medal and whatnot gives you credits. These would be added to an in-game total separate from the progression system. You could then use them to buy things like power weapons or call-ins (think orbital strikes or ammo crates, similar to tribes:ascend).

7. Forgeable firefight. It would work just like regular forge except you have to place enemy spawn points as well. This would be HIGHLY difficult to add given the pathing issues that would arise, but it would be soooooo awesome.

8. Duping. I know that they let you dupe objects in game, but they should let you select multiple objects and then dupe them as a whole, single object. They might let you do this in 4, I'm not sure, but if not then they should.

9. An undo button. 'Nuff said.

10. Autoturrets of various types. They could range from small machine gun turrets to massive cannons and AA batteries. Maybe you could even have a MAC cannon (that might be a bit ridiculous, but whatever.) It would be nice to let the map creator choose if they are automated or player controlled.

11. A version of the visual effect objects from reach that doesn't make it impossible to see anything. That was the problem, they could have been cool, but it made it impossible to make out anything. Imagine if the pen and ink one (when combined with juicy to make it not black and white) actually gave the game a cel-shaded, comic book feel. That would be sweet.

• Like 1

I agree with pretty much everything OP says. I have a few ideas of my own though.

1. This would be really complicated, but awesome. Dynamic water (IE water can come from a source and will flow realistically, and you can swim in it.) Also, boats.

2. In a video posted recently I saw something that looked like an anti-gravity field (the player drove a mongoose through it and it went up instead of down.) I don't know if this is going to be in the game, but hopefully it is. A cool feature that could be added to that is that your orientation will shift with gravity, and gravity can be set in any direction. Imagine if there was a floor, and when you went beneath it you would flip over and start walking on the underside of it. Also,a gravity sphere that pulls players toward the center, allowing for mind****ing maps.

3. Usable machinery. This is similar to OP's idea for doors or elevators, but I would add things like light bridges or force fields, or even teleporters that can switch channel or be turned on/off.

4. Ammo crates. Think of the ammo boxes from reach firefight, except you can customize them to have limited ammo, or only certain types of ammo.

5. Separate layouts for each gametype. You would build your default version, then go back in after selecting a specific gamemode and make the changes you want. This would all be saved under one map, but would allow you to make minor weapon and layout tweaks for specific gametypes.

6. In-match purchases. Think of how each kill and medal and whatnot gives you credits. These would be added to an in-game total separate from the progression system. You could then use them to buy things like power weapons or call-ins (think orbital strikes or ammo crates, similar to tribes:ascend).

7. Forgeable firefight. It would work just like regular forge except you have to place enemy spawn points as well. This would be HIGHLY difficult to add given the pathing issues that would arise, but it would be soooooo awesome.

8. Duping. I know that they let you dupe objects in game, but they should let you select multiple objects and then dupe them as a whole, single object. They might let you do this in 4, I'm not sure, but if not then they should.

9. An undo button. 'Nuff said.

10. Autoturrets of various types. They could range from small machine gun turrets to massive cannons and AA batteries. Maybe you could even have a MAC cannon (that might be a bit ridiculous, but whatever.) It would be nice to let the map creator choose if they are automated or player controlled.

11. A version of the visual effect objects from reach that doesn't make it impossible to see anything. That was the problem, they could have been cool, but it made it impossible to make out anything. Imagine if the pen and ink one (when combined with juicy to make it not black and white) actually gave the game a cel-shaded, comic book feel. That would be sweet.

Holy crap, those are awesome ideas. And I know we will have gravity fields in Forge, but I'm not sure if the physics engine would let players walk on walls and ceilings unfortunately. That would be sweet.

Also, it's been confirmed that there will be no undo button.