Halo anniversary recommendation

edgarxom

I disagree completely and I think many other people would to I wouldnt mind jetpack or maby evade but all the other 1s are just remake of stuff halo already had but made worse. For example Halo 3 had Overshields and Active Camo but then when they became armor abilities Camo became almost pointless unless your a camper and Armor Lock makes you a Sitting Duck waiting to get gernade spamed.

Sprint wasnt the brightest add in because it doesnt seem Halo and you were basicaly moving at a sprinting pace. Hologram was cool in the beging but after a week or 2 no one fell for it. If your not a Call of Duty freak and have been a standard Halo fan before Reach you would probably agree with me at least to some extent. Halo CE and Halo 2 have always been everyones favorites and Halo 3 isnt that far so maby if you did play those games you would remember why they were so great was just how unbelievably tank like you were on foot and in vehicles not stupid Call of Duty almost instant kill its just not Halo.

If your not a Call of Duty freak and have been a standard Halo fan before Reach you would probably agree with me at least to some extent. Halo CE and Halo 2 have always been everyones favorites and Halo 3 isnt that far so maby if you did play those games you would remember why they were so great was just how unbelievably tank like you were on foot and in vehicles not stupid Call of Duty almost instant kill its just not Halo.

That's the problem. Call of Duty is now less sustainable for gamers now because of their "flooding of the market." (releasing CoD games every year by different Game Devs) So we pick up something that can last or that is different(Halo Reach). I myself got my first CoD game (Black Ops) last year, because i was so disappointed with Reach. In fact i traded in Reach for Black Ops. Black Ops was fun but it's no Halo. No one communicates in Black Ops and there is virtually no need for "Team work" Not to mention the lack of competitiveness do to the ranking system. (which Reach adopted) So you find your self playing search in destroy to fill the hungering void. :arrow: (stopping my rant)

But enough about Black Ops, I think the best thing for Halo: CE-A is to make it as much like the original as possible. They are calling it Halo: Combat Evolved after all.

I also ask for justice! Give me liberty or give me death!

Call me a hater or a noob or whatever you please but... Armor abilities destroyed Reach's multi-player potential. No one doubts that it needed some innovation after Halo 3 but Bungie took it the wrong way. The armor abilities made me feel like I was playing some bad shooter that had tacked on multiplayer. If you over look the multiplayer Reach was a grand game. A solid campaign with amazing Firefight and an astonishing forge mode. Armor abilities are great except for PVP in which case it is infuriating.

So the point of the rant was that Armor abilities aren't for matchmaking, it ruins the competitiveness of it but it does intensify custom games. This is all just my opinion too.

To be fair Emo Kitten, it it intensifies custom games, then you'r argument is invalid, since custom games is still using the exact mechanics as matchmaking, you can just change a few of the variables to change the game a tiny bit. If they're good for custom games, they're good for multiplayer.

To be fair Emo Kitten, it it intensifies custom games, then you'r argument is invalid, since custom games is still using the exact mechanics as matchmaking, you can just change a few of the variables to change the game a tiny bit. If they're good for custom games, they're good for multiplayer.

True but more often custom games is more for fun than competitiveness in which case it is FUN Matchmaking is meant to be competitive.

NO! I hate what they did to halo: Reach. I hated the short unexplained campaign. I hated the revamped multiplayer. I hated the armour abilities, DMR, assassinations (yes they sucked). They better not touch this game. I want the game like it was in 2001. only reason why I'd by this game is the re-worked graphics, awesome campaign and multiplayer and SPLIT-SCREEN! I do have halo 1 on the Xbox but that is so badly scratched from being used so much (lol).

Really the only things I'd like to see/wouldn't be too upset about changed/added to the original campaign would be:

The ability to trade weapons with marines. Too often I've killed marines for having a weapon I want/being stupid with the weapon they're holding.

The ability to board enemy vehicles. - You could kill enemies in ghosts without destroying the vehicle (rarely) but it could be done. Not needed though.

The skulls - I'd also like them to hide them somewhere to find, but I'll also take the ODST/Reach style where you just activate them from the lobby

The metagame - points for kills and medals popping up in game would be an acceptable but not required feature.

Theatre - Being able to get clips from my CE campaign would be nice.

The ability to pick up the sword - though in all honesty I did without it in my countless playthroughs so I could go without the sword again.

The ability to kill Flood by shooting/meleeing the infection form in the chest cavity. This would make my life so much easier when I get back to the library. Something I want simply because the Halo CE Flood was a ***** to kill if you didn't have a shotgun/pistol, but I really accept the need not to change to keep the same holy **** feeling of the original.

Armor abilities, while fun in certain contexts should not be in Anniversary.

Vehicle physics should be the same as they were originally. (and none of those bloody invisible vehicle walls that cropped up in Halo 3 preventing me from bringing my mongoose inside the various buildings)

The pistol - iconic and must be the same (and thankfully confirmed to be so)

Armor abilities is by far the worst decision Bungie has ever made affecting the Halo franchise. In my opinion, and many others, the original Halo is unrivaled in multiplayer gameplay experience. To me it's the icing on the cake it terms of straying further from the core, balanced perfection that was the original Halo: CE. Halo CE was the perfect balance of realism and "evolved" combat. Yes, you were a master chief beast, but you could also die if you fell too far. You couldn't fly around like it's freaking Unreal tournament or something. 343, please ignore these absurd requests and make this a true Halo CE remake. For those who disagree, I can only suggest you play the original Halo. Fire up a LAN party, disable gaydar (I mean radar, aka "motion sensor"), and use Human Weapons setting. I guarantee it will be more fun then any of the preceding experiences you've had with Halo 2, 3 or Reach. Summary requests for 343... please don't let foolish requests for "upgrades" compromise the goal of this launch, which is to remake the perfection that is Halo CE. Follow up request, DISABLE motion sensor, it nearly ruins FPS games and Halo CE plays amazing without motion sensor.

I disagree completely and I think many other people would to I wouldnt mind jetpack or maby evade but all the other 1s are just remake of stuff halo already had but made worse. For example Halo 3 had Overshields and Active Camo but then when they became armor abilities Camo became almost pointless unless your a camper and Armor Lock makes you a Sitting Duck waiting to get gernade spamed.

Sprint wasnt the brightest add in because it doesnt seem Halo and you were basicaly moving at a sprinting pace. Hologram was cool in the beging but after a week or 2 no one fell for it. If your not a Call of Duty freak and have been a standard Halo fan before Reach you would probably agree with me at least to some extent. Halo CE and Halo 2 have always been everyones favorites and Halo 3 isnt that far so maby if you did play those games you would remember why they were so great was just how unbelievably tank like you were on foot and in vehicles not stupid Call of Duty almost instant kill its just not Halo.

I disagree with you, Sprint makes you move faster than the default speed and that is the point of it, so that you can get away from other players. Also, lots of people still fall for Hologram, not as often as in the beginning but it can be effective occasionally. However, I do agree that I liked Active Camo better in the other Halo games but mainly for the reason that they added a Radar Jammer effect because that completely gives away the player's position. But I am glad that they toned it down with making the user slowly becoming visible as they move helps since in the other Halo games it was abused and anyone using it usually had a major advantage. Also, Overshields was not replaced by Armor Lock, Overshields can still be made in Forge and are in some custom maps. Also Bubble Shield was majorly upgraded, I think that Drop Shield is far more effective because it heals and protects.

However I hope that in Halo 4 they use both Armor Abilities and equipment together.