Android's new 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

Lazmarr

If any of you own a Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100, it's unlikey that we will see the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on our phones.

According to a 'source', the I9100's hardware is not sufficient enough to run the new firmware.

However, the Galaxy Nexus S will recieve this update even though it's hardware is lower spec than the GT-I9100.

The specs of both the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Nexus S phones are listed below:-

Processor: The Galaxy S II is a beast when it comes to raw power, it’s one of the most forward-looking handsets around at the moment with a 1 GHz dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processor based on the Orion chipset and paired with a Mali-400MP graphics processing unit (GPU).

Google’s Nexus S is amply provided for with the same ARM Cortex heritage, this time it is a single core model, a 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, the predecessor to the Galaxy’s A9, featuring the Hummingbird chipset and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU.

Display: The Galaxy S II also uses Samsung’s Super Amoled Plus capacitive touchscreen technology, this time it’s a 4.3-inch screen but still at 480 x 800 resolution.

The Nexus features a 4-inch Samsung Super Amoled capacitive touchscreen at 480x800 pixel resolution which has a contoured curved glass screen with an oleophobic surface, meaning it repels oily finger prints.

Storage: The Galaxy S II has a couple of options for storage and comes in either 16 GB or 32 GB flavours and has 1 GB of RAM, it also supports Micro SD cards up to 32 GB.

The Nexus S has a reasonable 16 GB of on-board storage but not 32 GB option to keep up with the Galaxy, it’s also behind on RAM with only 512 MB.

So what do you think?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Source

The update has not been confirmed...as of yet.

• Like 1

Your text makes it kind of hard to read on some laptops man.

Anyways, I'm not an owner of any smartphone, but from what I understand if you have.

Phone 1

And the come out with

Phone 2

That has a bunch of new features, and they update software for phone 2. If the first phone is capable of running it as well, it'll update that too?

Sounds much better then the Apple way of the only way to upgrade is to pay another 500 bucks.