343 'not currently working on Halo 2 Anniversary'

Studio reportedly says it's not developing an HD remake "at this time".

While it was recently rumoured that Halo 2 Anniversary is in the works at 343 Industries alongside Halo 4, the developer itself appears to have denied that is the case.

screenshot_286431_thumb_wide300.jpg

According to various sites including The Halo Council, 343 touched on the subject of a follow-up to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in a recent Q&A posted on Microsoft ExpertZone, a registration-only resource the platform holder uses to train retail partners.

Asked if there was any chance we'll see Halo 2 HD before the end of this console generation, 343 reportedly said: "We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy."

An Xbox PR representative told us they couldn't confirm whether the supposed Microsoft ExpertZone Q&A was the real deal or not, but added: "Our focus right now is on developing Halo 4. Beyond that, we do not comment on rumours or speculation."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/357467/343-not-currently-working-on-halo-2-anniversary/

• Like 3

I do not see this as a denial the project is coming, just that they are not at this exact moment working on it. Thanks

That is what I thought. They didn't deny it. They just said they are not working on it right now and that leaves you open for many thought that maybe they have something up their sleeves. I guess we will find out. ^_^

• Like 1

I believe they have plans to remake Halo 2-3. After the success of Halo CE, i am sure they will. Though, they are working on halo 4 at the moment my best idea is, On the release of Halo 5 they might have some sort of edition for it that contains halo 2 remastered. This is just my opinion. Though they will make them in the future, this i am certain of.