Joining Matches in the middle of a session. Is it a good idea after all?

Gobblekin

Apparently, Halo 4 has a feature allowing you to join a match in session (e.g. Say if I joined a match half way through). Now my brother told me this. I used to play COD years back (Before I played halo). I used to join games in session and lose straight away and get jack all kills/be put on the losing team. I see a good side to this though, say if a friend wanted to play with you, and just could not wait the 5 minutes, he/she could enter. There are many other good and bad things but I want to know your opinion before I make judgement.

That made me Hate Gears of War. I think the option may be viable if you have an option whether you want a quick join

or the classic way. However, if a Quick join is the only option. I'll still play Halo. But I can promise you I won't enjoy it as much.

• 4 months later...

I like it and i dislike it. I like it for the fact that you get into alot of games faster because of it, but 90% of the time you are put on the losing team that are getting capped or right at the end of the game to where if you are using double xp tokens you are losing that token because you are only getting like 500 points because you barely did anything. But overall i think if they made it so you can turn it on and off so for the people that want it can have it and the people that dont dont have to have it.

I like it and i dislike it. I like it for the fact that you get into alot of games faster because of it, but 90% of the time you are put on the losing team that are getting capped or right at the end of the game to where if you are using double xp tokens you are losing that token because you are only getting like 500 points because you barely did anything. But overall i think if they made it so you can turn it on and off so for the people that want it can have it and the people that dont dont have to have it.

Personally I agree, it is bad but good at the same time. But I would prefer it have an off setting. When I do join a game I have the relief to know I will have another quickly found match right after this one finished.

Wow, the people who don't like it obviously never dealt with quitters in the previous halo games.

And why the hell are you going to expect to be on the winning team? Are you that desperate? If anything, 343i should just tweek it.

They did this for a reason, and that is because of quitters. If you want to get owned because a 4v4 match turned into a 4v1 match because of a quitters, you have issues.

Wow, the people who don't like it obviously never dealt with quitters in the previous halo games.

And why the hell are you going to expect to be on the winning team? Are you that desperate? If anything, 343i should just tweek it.

They did this for a reason, and that is because of quitters. If you want to get owned because a 4v4 match turned into a 4v1 match because of a quitters, you have issues.

I always am on a team of complete ret4rds. What possibly makes you think I don't know what rage quitters do. If they quit... then good game for the othher team who beat them. Just don't complain.

I think a majority of people like it but completely hate this at the same time. Good to find a match for a lobby next game but bad for your stats and no fun being in the end of a game or put into a pack of complete idiots on the losing team.

I just now noticed this. I agree- I HATE THIS. 9x out of 10 you get put on a losing team. I wish they would add something to where you could choose or not choose to be put into the middle of a game. There may be some people who just want to join as quickly as possible and don't mind this.

This should be optional or disabled.

Playing Regicide: Five kills to win (Zero Kills, devo) BTB: Five kills to win (2 kills, still pretty devastated) I don't need to say it for the rest. I think you get the picture. :2guns: :scooter: The amount of times I respawn to see my body flop to the floor to get killed by the very same person is unpredictable. I lost faith with 343i in reach but they have another chance to prove themselves through updates. If all else fails Silent hill and Metal Gear are pretty awesome!!!!! :robo: I only just found out about these emoticons.

We should be able to change it in our settings. I see no use for it. I have gone into Team Slayer Pro with 3 friend and we lost 1 person. A new person joins and had to have had the brain of a 2 year old. We ended up losing because of this one person. I don't like joining into game with a full team and then we are already losing 50 - 15. That is almost impossible to come back from. They should just take out joining-in-progress, it was a terrible idea and made the game that much worse.

• Like 3

I still say this is the worst decision for Halo. Honestly I had more fun playing games 4 vs 2 or even 3 vs 1. At least I could dictate the flow of the game and control area's of the maps that gave me the best possible chance at a win. Even then when I lost if I only lost by 2-5 kills I felt great pwning a-hole's who thought they were going to rofl-stomp me.

It's really aggrevating coming in mid-match and trying to figure out the tempo of the game and how people are playing. Or coming in and getting one kill and the game ending.

Or worse, starting a game with three people in the lobby but the server putting everyone on the red team and having the game end bc of no opponents.

If they're going to do JIP they have have HAVE to implement a better system. I would gladly wait the extra 30 seconds to get paired with a full lobby and start a real game than start with half a team and limp through most of the game as people come and go. It's so frustrating

dont mind it, it makes it less stressful in a legit game where you are down a man, knowing a new man will be coming along anyways.

HOWEVER, 343i specifically said that they had measures in place to make sure players who drop in will not do so towards the end of the game (not sure where that checkpoint is as they never specified.) And sure enough, I have found myself dropping into games at the very last minute, getting spawn killed a few times, and losing before I can understand what is even going on LAWL. SMH wtf happend??????? if they fix this, it will be perfect in my opinion....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that it could be a good idea. If they were to make the Join in progress have a time limit on it then I would not be quite as upset with it. If the game is only 1 minute in and a bunch of people quit because they didnt like the map then sure, throw some people in there. That however, is not the case. Every single time i have been thrown into a game, it is on a losing team that is spawn locked. I did not que up to get spawn camped for 4 minutes. There is a reason everyone quit that game. I would rather be in a game where I am 1v4 every once in a while than to be thrown into spawn lock all of the time. Or like numerous people have said, give me the option. If i say no I dont want to join games, and no i don't want people to join me if my team quits, then if my team quits its my problem.

as i understand it they are bringing in a new ranking system next year which ranks you based on wins rather than xp now if this is true joining games where you dont have a fighting chance is going to cause alot of angry posts in these forums. trust me if this happens there will be alot of really REALLY annoyed gamers