Xbox 720 Expected To Be Revealed In April

Dog

xbox_controller_generic-580-75.jpg

Rumors have been flying around that Microsoft will reveal there Next Gen Xbox In April

Microsoft's response to last week's Sony PS4 launch may come as soon as April with the launch of the new Xbox console, reports have claimed.

One senior Sony official, who did not wish to be named, claimed Sony had "ruffled some feathers" at Microsoft with its next-gen pitch and was another to lend his voice to the possibility of an April riposte.

War is brewing

reports also revealed that a Microsoft PR partner, which has worked with the company on previous launches, has registered the domain name XboxEvents.com. Make of that what you will.

If Microsoft does unveil the next-generation Xbox in April it is highly unlikely that we'd see a repeat of the hardware no show, which somewhat overshadowed Sony's two-hour launch event in New York.

Shortly after the PS4 event Microsoft's director of programming for Xbox Live Larry Helb (aka Major Nelson) mocked his company's great gaming rival for not showcasing the goods.

He tweeted: "Announce a console without actually showing a console? That's one approach"

On Friday PlayStation's US boss Jack Tretton assured that the physical incarnation of the PS4 will be showcased at E3 or sooner.

Could it be timed to coincide with Microsoft's big reveal?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

That's a picture of an xbox 360...

well i don't think they want to show any pics until E3. they probably want it a surprise. anyways it is a 360. i was hoping for a sneak peak at a 720. any ways it was a good article

If you ask me, releasing the Playstation 4 was, by far, the stupidest thing Sony has done. Thanks to their February revealing of the PS4, all Microsoft needs to do is make the Xbox 720's hardware, software, et cetera, stronger than that of the PS4. And I read the leaked Specs Report, which was, suffice to say, extremely informative. I think the PS4 looks great, [however], I'm still waiting for the 720.