Can I use the Halo soundtracks for my machinima (school project)?

Hey guys, since I can't find a machinima subforum, I guess I'll place my question here.

I'm making a Halo: Reach machinima for a school project and it is entirely non-profit (i.e. I won't be making any money from it). Furthermore, I don't plan to submit the machinima to YouTube either.

So my question is (as the title suggests), can I use the Halo soundtracks (Halo 1, Halo 2, 3, ODST) for my machinima's background music?

Thanks,

Yes you can. When Halo 1 PC was released with an HEK, a strict disclosure of sorts came with it limiting your usage rights. When Halo 2 for PC shipped, Microsoft reformed their EULA and bwgan a new era for Halo. Under current EULA, any person may use a Halo related asset from any source in their own project, art, mod,.etc, so long as said usage is non-profit. Hope this helps. And btw, be sure to send us a link for it as we here love to see what other members create.

• Like 3

Yes you can. When Halo 1 PC was released with an HEK, a strict disclosure of sorts came with it limiting your usage rights. When Halo 2 for PC shipped, Microsoft reformed their EULA and bwgan a new era for Halo. Under current EULA, any person may use a Halo related asset from any source in their own project, art, mod,.etc, so long as said usage is non-profit. Hope this helps. And btw, be sure to send us a link for it as we here love to see what other members create.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up. :)