Weekly news smashup 7

Caboose The Ace

Welcome one and all to the latest news smashup.

Sadly I could only find two decent bits of news to write about but its better than nothing so, lets begin! smile.png

Article one: No private matches at launch for Star Wars Battlefront

Now this one's a real bummer....
star_wars_battlefront.0.jpg

Recently while answering a question from a fan on Twitter, the official Star wars EA account revealed that there will be no private matches in Star wars Battlefront at launch. Not only that but a few weeks back it was also confirmed that Battlefront will not feature a dedicated chat system or server browser on console.

On the optimistic side of things Dice or EA has not ruled out private matches coming via a patch at some point and another EA game, Titanfall did not support private matches at launch. Yet the feature was eventually added. So private matches may be added in the future.

Article two: Hard mode coming to the Kings Fall Raid in Destiny
o-DESTINY-THE-TAKEN-KING-570.jpg?2 < Who's a good boy? Or giant monster or whatever... 

With the launch of Destiny's latest expansion, the Taken King. Bungie has announced that the Taken King's raid, Kings Fall is now being updated to include a hard mode. This new update that will be launching on October 23rd at 10Am Pacific time.

Bungie has recommended that the raid be tackled by players with 300-320 Light, and of course the loot rewards in it will be between 310-320. But naturally hard mode will be a lot harder than the usual raid. So get ready Guardians because if you attempt to do this raid, you'll be in for a real fight!

Source one: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-wont-support-private-matches/1100-6431485/
Source two: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-hard-mode-raid-coming-next-week/1100-6431459/

And that concludes my weekly attempt an article, thanks for reading all.

Until next time!

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 4

Welcome one and all to the latest news smashup.

On the optimistic side of things Dice or EA has not ruled out private matches coming via a patch at some point and another EA game, Titanfall did not support private matches at launch. Yet the feature was eventually added. So private matches may be added in the future.

I'm willing to bet they release private matches as DLC or as some kind of microtransaction... like renting a server...

I'm willing to bet they release private matches as DLC or as some kind of microtransaction... like renting a server...

I really don't think EA would be that stupid..... again. :)

I really don't know how to respond to such a dark future such as that but lets hope it never gets that bad.