Grounded (Foundation Update)

Twinreaper

Good morrow fellow Halo 2 enthusiasts.  I am in need of some assistance from those in the still small active Halo 2 PC community.  My team, the H2MT (Halo 2 Map Team) has all but disbanded at this point, leaving me with no viable or reliable way to continue my map making for Halo 2 PC, and additional maps prepped for possible Halo title releases for the PC in the future.

If there is anyone here that still plays Halo 2 PC and can spare some time, I would greatly appreciate some help in testing my new maps.  One such map in dire need of testing is my Foundation remake, named Grounded.  It is a complete overall of the original map, in an attempt to bring it up to par with Halo 3/Reach style geometry.  In addition the map also includes to following changes...

- Reach style crates

- Storm Battle Rifle (H4)

- Storm LMG (H4)

- Assault Carbine (H4)

- DMR (HR)

- Assault Rifle (HR)

- Reach style multiplayer object circles and flag holders

- All gametypes supported up to 4 teams

- Reach/Halo4/Halo3 textures and geometry

Planned additions are destructible or switch operated gates to allow placement of up to 4 Gauss/Chain Warthogs to introduce new strategies and gameplay.

Requirements to play this map...

Because the bitmaps/objects and other items are custom and not normally allowed to be played by the Halo 2 PC restrictions we have, the map requires that you have the H2MT provided Halo 2 2.5 Update installed.  The update can be found here...

http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=167

Once you have updated the game with the new additions we have created, please contact me via messenger, and I will provide all interested with the map file and how to use it properly.  I will upload some images for you as soon as final lighting for the beta is done.  For now, here is the placeholder image for the map as well as a few development ones...

grounded_1.jpg

grounded.jpg

grounded_ingame.png

• Like 1