EA Joins In On Paid Promotion Campaign for YouTubers!

VinWarrior

First Machinima and Microsoft, now Electronic Arts has been found guilty of the same strategies.

With the recent backlash that followed on Microsoft and Machinima's parts for a paid campaign involving YouTubers and promotion of the Xbox One, it now seems EA has also jumped on this bandwagon. Images surfaced on the Web of emails sent from EA to YouTubers, encouraging them to take part in a promotion campaign of Next-Gen Specific EA games. What this means, is the YouTubers must follow Specific guidelines or they will not earn revenue from EA for their promotion. Players can still showcase minor glitches though, but nothing negative against the game itself.

post-26953-0-86802000-1390347970.png

As can be seen, EA is offering 10 CPM, or $10 per 1000 views, which is more then three times what Microsoft and Machinima offered in their promotion, a measly 3 CPM in comparison. Each video contains a cap, with Rivals at 6 Million and Battlefield 4 at 20 Million, being a much higher stat then the Xbox One campaign cap, at a mere 1.2 Million.

Source: IGN.com

• Like 2

I find it a little pathetic but honestly, this isn't anything new. Worse campaign promotions have been around. If someone is honest with the game giving it a neural review, then I don't mind it (Not that this will bother me in anyway) but if it's just some big youtube star talking nothing but good of a game that has issues and lacks specifics, then it's beyond a pathetic attempt to big up their game. If companies such as EA actually published good games, then campaign promotions wouldn't be needed. Don't even get me started on NFS, I'd rather drink my own urine than talk good about their recent NFS games or a lot of their games that have recently come out actually (Small EA rant, had to do it).

Well, I can't say I'm not surprised... Wait scratch that, I am surprised! I'm surprised it took EA this long to start paying off YouTubers! You would think they would have done it long ago to get more positive (or Fake Positive) reviews for their games.