•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 08:42 PM) Have a good day at work though!
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 08:42 PM) Ouch
@  Vitamin Pwn : (13 December 2019 - 02:30 PM) Not much enjoying my Friday morning before I have to work
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 05:31 AM) You??
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 05:31 AM) Not much on my end! Just enjoying a Friday night :D
@  Vitamin Pwn : (12 December 2019 - 11:45 PM) What’s up you cool babies?
@  343iBot : (12 December 2019 - 01:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, antsilva! :welcome: View antsilva's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (11 December 2019 - 05:04 PM) @Mothy Need to go dig that up now
@  343iBot : (11 December 2019 - 10:18 AM) Welcome to the forums, HapunrU! :welcome: View HapunrU's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, dubstepx41! :welcome: View dubstepx41's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 07:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Penguin Space! :welcome: View Penguin Space's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Blast from the past
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Wow yeah
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:37 AM) Anyone remember the 343i community yearbook? Yea, I dont want to either smh
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) Shoutboxington
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) How are things in Shoutland
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) Hola hombres
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) @KhevaKins I sure did, im not rushing to rebuy a game ive been playing for eight years though
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 04:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, EdwardVal! :welcome: View EdwardVal's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 08:34 AM) Welcome to the forums, Mikaelaerop! :welcome: View Mikaelaerop's Profile

Photo

Blok

ctf koth dominion slayer oddball competitive extraction blok

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Itz SHMETHAN
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

sm6.png

Asymetrical, 8-12 Players, Plays all slayer-based & objective gametypes well and even plays dominion, but it runs like territories, Plus has a bit of a Headlong/The Pit Feel!

Check out the update here
Download Here

6c3q.jpg

sl49.jpg

8al9.jpg

lnnf.jpg

9u1a.jpg

azkv.jpg

opqx.png

Download Here

Thanks to all who download, test, and give comments and feedback

If you would like to be apart of any play throughs leave a comment with your GT, Thanks!

yr0h.jpg

#2 GryffinGuy007

GryffinGuy007

le ostin

• Affiliates
  • 486 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:GryffinGuy007
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Wow, that an impressive map you've got going there.

I've never heard of you before, so its great to see some new gamertags around here. For unknown forger, you look like you have some brilliant maps to share with the community. This map in particular definitely has a Headlong feel, with the aesthetics resembling a city-like landscape. Since I'm not a competitive forger, I can't exactly give you feedback in terms of gameplay.

For aesthetics however, if you have the budget left, may I suggest adding streetlights to add to the atmosphere? All it takes is a simple 'antenna, small' poking out of the ground, then adding a horizontal 'light' piece (forgot the name) at the top, found in the 'Dominion' section. A couple 'Jersey Barriers' for added cover, really give a human-touch to the map aswell.

I hope I was of assistance to you.

Posted Image

#3 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Just updated the save, added some lights and ATM/turrent screens to the map, thanks for the tip!
yr0h.jpg

#4 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Zandril S312
  • Location42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Nice overview image and title pic. :)

But back to the map, I noticed that you haven't colored your map. I highly suggest doing so. Just don't overdo it.

I think some areas of the map could use a little more cover but I can't say for sure until I can play on it. So I'll give it a DL and take a look in Forge.

0qd2kuw.gif

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? 

#5 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

tonight at 5:00 PM central time ill be testing this map if anybody wants to join???

RSVP HERE

yr0h.jpg

#6 Festuca

Festuca

Brute

• Members
  • 44 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Festuca
  • LocationSierra Nevada Foothills! Nevada City CA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

The layout looks great by the screen caps , I TRY not to critique maps until I play them so I will download, and return to this thread!

And I do agree to Zandril, I look forward to the coloring!

#7 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Coloured parts of the map, blue, red, green, and gold, but left some neutral colouring=)
yr0h.jpg

#8 Festuca

Festuca

Brute

• Members
  • 44 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Festuca
  • LocationSierra Nevada Foothills! Nevada City CA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

I played this map today and  I noticed very small things (not map braking) at all!  But a couple places were there were junctions of pieces that didnt meet the same elevation only by one coordinate of height, and gave the players a slight bump in movement! A lower 4x4 platform could perhaps use a little  bit more cover!

This could be just my preference and just a thought but, if budget allowed, I would knock out some of the coliseum walls and let the light in, and dig a little deeper to assist the dynamic lighting! Perhaps some Coliseum windows, or visual guides that tell a player this is not a playable area! The lighting wasnt broken, but not happening either!

Honestly I really enjoy the layout, of all the different elevations! I utilized all biomes of the map, in which none felt like dominating, nor vulnerable! Very balanced at that! I would not touch the layout, this is what makes this map unique! I love all the structural molding, and aesthetic overhead touches you did!

This map will be just fine in my hard drive and add to my custom rotation (I am gonna download the colored render though)! I myself am not new to Forge, but new to submission, and look forward to more of your builds!

#9 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I've hit a piece limit on the map, I have very little budget left but I still can't place anything, it has over 500 pieces.??
yr0h.jpg

#10 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Links are up to date with the current version!
-colored blocks
-lights/ATM aesthetics
-fixed spawn issue
yr0h.jpg

#11 Flyingshoe ILR

Flyingshoe ILR

Hunter

• Members
  • 28 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Flying Shoe ILR

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

I took a look around the map and I plan to run a 4 v 4 game or two as soon as I get the chance, but I noticed a few non-gameplay elements that could be changed:

• Your weapon organization was rather confusing. Some power weapons are on drops and some aren't, leading to situations where you think you know where they are but then you are surprised with a weapon you didn't know was on the map. The random grenade drops also seemed a little unbalanced, with one side getting frags and the other getting plasma and pulse. I would put 1 plasma/ pulse on each side along with 1 frag drop. Finally, you occasionally had power weapons on the little plinths that held loadout weapons, which got confusing when you went up to one expecting a loadout weapon or avoided it because you thought it was a loadout weapon. To simplify things, you might want to make all of your power weapons be on initial drops and have the plinths for loadout weapons only.

• Some spawns faced confusing or disorienting locations, like the blue respawn points on the upper level facing the struts. You should generally spawn facing towards the middle of the map so that you can get back into the flow of moving around the map quickly and so that you can orient yourself quickly. 

• There were a few very long lines of sight around the map, stretching all the way across. This generally leads to a lot of cross map fights where the player who shoots first wins, but I need to play a game to get a better feel for if it will be an issue on this map. There is also a choke-point by the DMR where you have to go down one of these lines of sight with no way to get out of it for a few seconds. 

I'll get back to you after I've played a game with more feedback. I like a lot of the map though and I'd love to see it become even better. 

#12 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

I took a look around the map and I plan to run a 4 v 4 game or two as soon as I get the chance, but I noticed a few non-gameplay elements that could be changed:

• Some spawns faced confusing or disorienting locations, like the blue respawn points on the upper level facing the struts. You should generally spawn facing towards the middle of the map so that you can get back into the flow of moving around the map quickly and so that you can orient yourself .

Wow! Thanks for playing a game on the map, I'm assuming that you played the non updated version, I've been really busy lately and haven't had time to forge, but I did get an updated version in my file share for the most common issues that the community and I both found, I've updated the link in the post to the new version, highly suggest playing some objective games, thanks again!
yr0h.jpg

#13 Itz SHMETHAN

Itz SHMETHAN

Drone

• Members
  • 24 posts
Liked
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Blok 2.0

-Long sight lines blocked
-Sides Balanced

m0dz.jpg

gw10.jpg

0fy3.jpg

dajh.jpg

yr0h.jpg

#14 Flyingshoe ILR

Flyingshoe ILR

Hunter

• Members
  • 28 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Flying Shoe ILR

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

I took a look at the new version, here are my thoughts:

+ The bulged area with the yellow light is much better, looks very nice and breaks up the LOS well. Should create a few safe spawn points as well. I'd like to see a lot more things like this. 

+ Red base is more developed, though I'd like to see a little more work in front of the base. The big open area doesn't really serve a great purpose except to make the base difficult to approach from the front. 

- I got a lot of frame rate lag in forge. Not sure how bad it will be in game, but looking out of red base dropped the fps quite low. 

- Blue hallway still had some very long LOS, as did other parts of the map. A lot of areas seem to have "lazy" cover in them, crates and boxes in an otherwise square, flat hallway. I'd like to see a lot more of what you did with the yellow hall, but not exactly the same. Take the concept of a turn in the path or a change in height and apply it differently and in a way that makes sense for the area. The map has some good in it but every area could be looked over and possibly changed to fit this design philosophy. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4, ctf, koth, dominion, slayer, oddball, competitive, extraction, blok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users