Halo: Radioactive (RP Thread)

VinWarrior

"i'm with you, not like i can live here anyway" Ashley said sarcastically, mainly trying to make herself laugh. she checked her BR, making sure it still fired. then checked her ammo, she had enough to last a little bit. she waited on taylor to do something while everyone was preparing

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not sure I'll be able to make this one. Look at that." He looked down at his mangled leg, the biofoam was already wearing out, blood seeped through the wound rapidly. "I'm using a rifle to walk and I'm losing blood. I'll stay here. Draw the Phantoms. Pass me a flare, give me five and I can make sure they won't get to you." Jacob began to turn around as he limped to the crates of grenades. He took the fuel tanks from the Flamethrowers; there was barely any left anyway; and made an impromptu explosive device. Under the fuel lines of the wreck, it would incinerate any troops in a landing party to finish him. He got a flare gun and aimed it up high. "As soon as I see Phantoms, the flare will go off before igniting our rockets and explosives. Get onboard now, I can only stall then for so long." He finished as he felt the full force of his injury, his skin was almost white for lack of blood. He kept back tears inside his helmet, he knew what he had to do. And there was no other option, he could at least go down taking his revenge with him. He felt weak, he had half an hour at most, he was too far gone to recover.

Taylor's smile wiped from his face, he looked like he was about to cry, like his best friend was just pulled away from him, it felt like when he watched his wife die, he let out a tear, as he only said in a raspy voice, "Jacob... No, please... We can get you off of here... Please..." as a single tear rolled down his eye, it twisted in the cold wind, as it flew off his cheek, following the wind.

"There's no time, unless there's a med centre somewhere near with life support.." He coughed blood onto his visor,"Im done for. Hey, may as well take down some of them with me eh?" He de-polarised the silver faceplate, his blonde hair covered in blood. Go. Quickly, they don't know about us yet, you need to go now."

Taylor was frozen, staring at the injured man in front of him, he remembered how Jacob saved him, and how Jacob was one of his only friends on this now destroyed planet, he could see Red dots on his radar, Phantoms, Banshees, Seraphs, they were fast approaching the mountains, as hunters, to snuff out the last lights of resistance, the Covenant wanted something, it snapped in Taylor's mind, but the sheer shock of everything had a huge effect on him, he wasn't thinking straight, as he closed his eyes for several seconds, and stopped thinking at all, he knew what he had to do, he put his hand out, to shake Jacobs, as he said to him, "Give em' hell, Jacob." as he smiled at his friend, a tears still massing from his red and swollen eyes, he sucked it up, in a ball of emotion hidden deep within him, and only nodded, he pulled the Dog Tags off his neck, and placed them in Jacob's hand, as he said with a smile,

"I won't need em' anymore... Good Luck. Oh, and one last thing, We should get together sometime."

as the tears continued to sway down his face, he loaded up the Falcon quickly, as he yelled, "Everyone on-board, we are heading for the frigate." as he walked towards Ashley and John Murphy, ordering them in a quiet tone, "You two, on the guns. Don't fire unless they fire first." as he rushed into the cockpit, strapping the leather seat-belt on, as he clicked the dashboard, starting it in a green glow, as they lifted up into the cold air, Taylor noticed something, the sun finally shone in through the clouds, it was morning, he looked down at Jacob, as he lifted his right hand, saluting Jacob, and moving towards the far end of the outskirts. The enemies didn't seem to care about them, yet. They were focused on the ground, there must have been more survivors.

"Ah, bloody guns down to a single belt."

John looked around, there was a silence. They'd just left they're comrade behind. You could feel the grief in the air.

"People die in war...some die better then others."

He looked outside to the ashen wastes of reach.

"Some get lucky enough to choose their death."

"Hey, If I was able to choose my death, Id probably go out by jumping off a cliff into a flaming cannon and get blasted into space... Talk about extreme combustion..." Ike said aloud. Ike showed a faint smile, But he was just hiding that he was feeling sad.

This is it, my final post. Enjoy.

Two Banshees screamed overheard, followed by a few dropships. Jacob looked at the retreating Falcon, clutched his dog tags in his hand and pulled himself on top of the pelican. Blood loss was of no concern now, of course. He pulled out his flares and shot all three in the sky. Three red fireworks signalled to anyone in the area where he was, and sure enough, the patrols diverted course to investigate. He threw the gun away, and equipped his MA5K. He wasn't going down without a fight. Out of the fog of the early morning came a Minor Elite that was out down swiftly. 56 rounds left. An Officer and two more minors followed, he dispatched the blues. 34 rounds. He took a needle to the arm and wasted his remaining magazine on the alien. 26 rounds. More followed, too many to count. Finally, the sight on the rifle read 00, no ammo left. He let them get closer in, taking out a grenade and fumbling with the detonator.

"You may take Reach, but we won't fall. Tell that to your 'gods'." He whispered as he removed the pin. Suddenly, he felt pain in his chest. Twin parallel blades of light stuck out of him, blood trailing down his black armour. With his final remaining ounce of energy, he unclutched his hand and let the explosive fall onto the stockpile of missiles, grenades, ammo and fuel at the bottom. As the blade was removed from him, and he was thrown off the roof, he saw orange. Then the Spec-Ops that had uncloaked. Then nothing.

As the grenade fell, it exploded above the crates. The ball of fire began to let loose the ammunition inside, hundreds or founds flew off in random directions and splintered through all that got in its way. Followed by that was the rockets and grenades in the storage as the force of a dozen detonations connected with the crash sites fuel lines and rocket pods. The ship blew, incinerating the ground near it and destroying the platoon around it. In the early morning sunrise, the mini nova temporarily outshone Epsilon Indi as the Falcon gained altitude away from the explosion. They had little time left.

And lots to do.

Taylor heard the screech of the purple birds behind him, they were headed toward Jacob. The thoughts ran through his mind, like a pack of wild Jackals, "Why did I leave him there? I could have taken him with me. It should have been me! It should have been me! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!" as Taylor's eyes opened wide, and he repeated those five words in a quiet tone, over and over again, as the cold wind still brushed up against the soaring Falcon, it was silent,

beep, beep, beep,

The radar blinked with two small red dots behind his Falcon, a few Banshee stragglers, Taylor spoke into the microphone, notifying the back crew, "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your hats, we got a couple gunslingers back here." as he turned the Falcon at full force, he slowly spun the Falcon 180 degrees, as the Two banshees began letting off bursts of bright blue plasma, the shots dented the hard-armored Falcon, as Taylor let loose the Falcon rotating gun on the left Banshee, as the bullet's pierced it's wings, the right wing shattered off, the whole side of the Banshee burning blue, as it began to spiral, crashing into the ground, the right Banshee still let loose on the Falcon, the bolts flew faster, as the glass cockpit the top of the glass cockpit shattered from the damage, Taylor turned to gun, firing on the head of the Purple menace, as it became ridden with holes, the occupant fired a slow, bright green ball of plasma, as it hurdled toward the Falcon, Taylor let the Falcon drop, as it narrowly avoided it, he quickly restarted the rotors, Taylor was now behind the banshee, and had the upper hand, he let loose one more volley of bullets, as the Banshee exploded in a bright ball, Taylor smiled, and continued to there Destination, finally, his radar turned back on, as a gruff, voice kicked in, "Falcon 4-33 please be advised, you do not have permission to enter this airspace, turn around, or you will be fired upon." as Taylor returned a reply to the man, "We read, we are soldiers, looking to enter the airspace, please confirm permission." as the man answered him, growing angrier, "4-33 we cannot let you in this airspace, turn around, or my guns will rip you to shreds!" as Taylor closed his eyes, and sighed, continuing the conversation, "We read you, but me and my men are going to enter... Would you really shoot a couple of true-blue soldiers, you know what it is like out there... Please."  as the man sighed into the microphone, his tone changing, to a much, quieter, sadder tone, he ended the conversation, saying, "4-33 a squad will meet you at the front gate... Over and out..." as Taylor smiled, continuing down the mountain range, over the mountains, he looked below him, there it was, a large, airport, nestled in the canyon. Taylor slowly lowered the Falcon, on an airpad in front of the base, it was guarded, he opened the cockpit, stepping out, and walking by the left side, to his men, saying, "We made it guys..." as he approached the gate.

Ike walked up with them and said to the group of soldiers. "As much as I would really like to have a tea party with you lovely guards, Our little squad here is sort of screwed if we dont get help. You see, The Covenant wants to screw us over as usual. So please let us inside." Ike said while holding his magnum to try and look tough, But he was more concerned wondering if they would get the vibe that they are in danger.

"This is perfect, ah? Were just going to keep running!"

John looked to each of his squadmates...no...not his squadmatesThey were turned to ash with the rest of reach. He looked at these people, who he ended up escaping, fleeing more like, with. Another planet lost to the fire. He thought about it, he could feel the rage growing. What happens when they get to earth? Will they keep running then? Even as the human race and it's history is burned to ash, the planet becoming nothing more then a radioactive rock.

He looked out at the ashes of Reach.

"Just going to keep ******* RUNNING! ARGH!"

He fell to knees.

"COME ON YOU ********! I've been waiting long enough."

He bowed his head, looking at the ground. The ashes of millions dead scattered around him.

"Woah there buddy, I know you want to choose the way you die, But I wouldnt want to die by the umm..... claw of an Elite... Its kinda dumb knowing your gonna die by the hand of something that has chicken feet as well. Just stay calm." Ike tried to be supporting, But he knew he had to add humor to the facts, Who wouldn't?

Taylor holstered his new shotgun on his back, and walked up to the radio operator, the both guards near him raised their assault rifles at Taylor and his squad, he turned his head to Ash, just nodding, as he raised his hands in the air, quickly pulling out his Shotgun, and his MA5K, tossing the MA5K to Ike, as he aimed his gun at the man, swapping his aim from guard to guard, as he snickered at them, "Looks like we got ourselves an old-fashioned Mexican standoff, maybe you should holster your f**king firearm, and we can work this out diplomatically?" as the left guard looked towards the right, and both holstered their weapons, as did Taylor, he looked at their commander, a radio operator, and asked, "We are looking for the shuttle you guys seem to have here, and we are running out of Oxygen so please move so we can board it." as he glanced at John.

Ike marched up and said "Well if you want oxygen guys, Why dont we just go in? These guys are eggheads..." One of the random guards said "Egghead?!" Ike responded back, "Patience in the pants there weirdo, We need air, And if you dont let us in, Ill shoot a way in, Ive lived long enough anyway." Ike got his magnum ready.

Taylor gritted his teeth, and clutched his hands, suddenly, his head flew upward, as he yelled, "EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" as he opened his eyes, taking heavy breaths, as he calmed himself down, and he began speaking again, "Okay... So, you guys have a frigate, we have people, let's make this work?" as the guard said to him, in a seemingly tired voice, "I need to see your ID." as Taylor became angry again, he brought his hand forward, grabbing the man's neck and holding him in the air, saying, with his teeth grinding against each other, "Listen, You want ID?" as he brought out his magnum, putting it on the Radio Operator's forehead, and continuing, "Here's my Damn ID... So listen, You can let us in, and I can get my f**king men off this rock, or you can let another innocent squad of men and women DIE... What's it gonna be?" as he let the Radio Operator down, him replying, "That's not going to happen, you have ten seconds to run..." as Taylor heard the clicks of Snipers, lasers covered his body, they had snipers around the area, all of a sudden, a bright green explosion blew open the gate, and killed the guards in the front, knocking Taylor back. He groaned, looking around, as his VISR mode began adapting to the multiple banshees scouring above the area, as one swooped in fast, it was on fire, it exploded behind the gate, as more banshees surrounded the area, Taylor picked himself up off the floor, as he turned, looking at Ashley, Ike, John, the crazy Hellbringer, and the Civilian, as he screamed,

"FOLLOW ME, AND DON'T STOP FOR ANYTHING!"

as he swapped guns, for his MA5K, and began sprinting across the somewhat barren airfield, as he ran, he turned his head, a Marine fired a Rocket Launcher, which blew up the incoming Seraph, more marines ran across the field, getting killed, as a Phantom lowered only a dozen feet away from Taylor, dropping off a squad of Grunts, he stopped and quickly turned right, as a Hunter dropped in front of him, knocking him back from the blast, he began to again hallucinate, he remember the hunter dropping into the mess hall in the town, he shook his head, getting up, as the Hunter's attention turned, to a Hornet, blasting at it, the Hunter charged up his gun, keeping his shield in front of him, as he fired, and Taylor witnessed the Hornet explode in a ball of debris, he had no time for it, he changed direction, and ran left, in the distance, he could see multiple squads of Scorpions, that must have been the frigate they were protecting, Taylor sprinted as fast as he could, Banshees swooped overhead, most didn't even notice Taylor, as an Elite minor, wielding a sword, dropped right in front of him, the Minor kicked him to the floor, as he put his foot on Taylor's ribs, it hurt, as they began breaking, the elite primed his energy sword, as Taylor hallucinated, and saw Jacob, impaling the elite with his own sword, but this was only a vision, as he was unaware, a Warthog opened fire on the elite, as the elite pulled out his plasma pistol, and shot it, running backwards, Taylor blinked, and picked him self up as the Warthog stopped in front of him, the Driver, a marine, turning to him, as the Marine's head splattered open, from a Beam rifle shot, more Phantoms, this time, Taylor's enemy was there, a Silver elite jumped out from the ship, holding a Concussion rifle in each hand, as an injured marine shot at his armor a few times with a magnum, the elite snickered, and fired a shot from his concussion rifle at him, the Commander had perfect vision, he could see Taylor, his scarred eye opened wide, as he yelled at the officer to his left, "Watch the flank." he said, as he began running, Taylor muttered curses under his mouth, as he yelled to his squad, "GET IN THE HOG, C'MON!" as he entered the driver's seat, making sure everyone was on-board, he slammed the pedal, as the warthog turned, the Elite jumped dozens of feet into the air, and slammed on the hood of the Warthog, stopping it from moving and breaking the windshield, Taylor picked up his Shotgun and fired twice into the elite's chest, sending it reeling backwards as he clutched the floor, and the hog went full speed towards the scorpions, the elite growled as he began aiming at the Hog, firing shots at it, Taylor swerved and whisked by the shots, as he continued slamming forward. Finally, they made it, they reached the barrier, as the Marines attention directed toward them, they all aimed their guns at the crew, as one said, "You aren't allowed here!" as a sword impaled his chest, the marines didn't notice before it was too late, as elites uncloaked, killing the Infantry, they hopped unto tanks priming grenades on the hoods as the tanks were quickly destroyed, more Phantoms emerged overhead, as Taylor jumped out of the car, charging forward with his shotgun, and bursting six rounds in the face of a Minor, who quickly fell, he defended the position, as he yelled to his men, "Everyone, get in the ship, let's go!" Continuing to fire, as his radar bleeped with multiple contacts, they were all around him, he turned to Ashley, "Ash... You know what I have to do..." looking back at the on-coming mass.

(Second to last post, this is just Taylor's goodbye)

Taylor's voice began to break, as tears fell down his face, he said with a voice, already breaking up, "Ashley..." as he looked at her, he saw his wife, and it became clear in his mind what he was fighting for, he continued, his voice still saddened, "Goodbye... Please... Promise me... Promise me, you will get off of here, and you will never give up... Do that for me... Please..." he said, tears rolling down his face, as he hugged Ashley, he didn't want to let go, but a smile grew on his face, as he began backing up, tears rolling down his cheek, he knew what he had to do, "Goodbye." he said quietly and broken.

"good bye..." she said, as the door closed after everyone was on. she finally let herself cry, knowing it didnt matter, she hoped the one reason she didnt give up already wasnt a lie, that she'd finally see her family again. but she wasnt very hopeful anymore, seeing reaches end, she hoped that pilot didnt lie.

"Well..." Ike said, Holding his dog-tags. "I should get rid of these..." Ike was sad, he felt miserable, Everything that happened in the past while was slapping him back in the face. "DAMNIT!!" Ike said and slammed his fist on the wall. "I....I don't know what I'm feeling... Is this what it feels like to be miserable?" Ike sighed. He sat down for a while and thought about his life in the past time. "What am I going to do..." Ike said looking like he was going to break down. Hands on his head and looking down. If you looked close enough, You would notice the tears dripping from his helmet, Still battle worn showing off what his life ended up being. "I'm starting to hate the way I chose... I couldve died like everyone else, But... I didnt... I looked fate in the eyes... And said, Im taking my life into my own hands." Ike just sat and looked depressed for a while.

Edited by The Dumb Marine

Taylor watched the door close, as the ship began to prepare for ascension. He turned, watching the mass of Phantoms landing nearby, and the elite leading them all, the silver menace, Taylor began firing on them, the tank bomb from earlier in his left hand, as he fired from the right, pulling off headshots on Grunts and Jackals, the bomb was counting down, as he locked eyes with the elite, he swung the bomb at the elite, as he turned running the other way, but the bomb counted down,

beep, beep, beep... BOOM!

The bomb exploded in a wave of fire and debris, it was encroaching on Taylor, as he closed his eyes, still running, he opened them, the world was in slow motion, as flowers grew out of the ground, and it was sunny and bright, Taylor saw what mattered most to him, His crew, safe and sound, having drinks in an outdoor cafe, Taylor smiled at this, and let himself go, as the explosion burned most of the area, even catching Phantoms in it's grasp, but it wasn't meant as an area bomb, it destroyed nearby air units, like a mushroom cloud, as the ship escaped into the atmosphere, most covenant ships were gone, they were searching for something else, as the ship escaped, without many pursuers. They finally made contact, with Earth. They were coming home.

The room was dark, it seemed dead, as a single light flickered above, a middle-aged woman, asked, "Mr. DeCello?" as a voice came from the darkness, "Yeah..."

[That is it everyone, this was an incredibly fun journey, and it hasn't ended here, sign up in the sequel thread, http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/30809-halo-requiemrp-signup/, Halo: Requiem, to be a part of a new frontier, thanks to everyone who participated, I will see you starside, :) ]