Capture Card problem

BaconShelf

So I have my Avermedia Gamecapture HD, and I have a problem while recording.

When recording, the screen appears double. For example, it looks as though I am playing split screen vertical, and is very distracting to have when recording. Also, I can only record for a couple of minutes before it goes wierd, though I presume that's because I am temporarily using a 1.5GB USB stick.

All screenshots and recorded video turns out fine on the computer, so that works, my recordings can be done via theatre and prerecorded, but I was hoping to do Halo Wars gameplay etc, so if you know what is happening, I would appreciate it.

I have unplugged my cables and reugged them back in dozens of times, on both ends so I don't think it's that.

Normal screen- O

Glitch- O|O

Edited by BaconShelf

So.....on the capturing screen, there's 2 screens almost like split screen, but once recorded there's only one?

Is this on your monitor which you linked up, or on your laptop? If its on your monitor but not on the program you are using to record, it's something with the monitor of the cable, or the device itself. If its on your program as well, you might have some settings ticked or unticked that need to be changed.

I'm not fully sure about the Avermedia as I personally don't use it, but.....hopefully I helped.

• Like 1

It just plugs into my TV as normal. The TV shows two screens, the (after recording) footage shows one, so I can ore render theatre clips them just play them, but it will halt my Fallout, Halo Wars and maybe Civilisation videos :'(

Hm... I don't have an answer for that, although I have the same capture card, and all of a sudden it stopped reading my flash drive, I may have deleted the file that is supposed to be on there. It is NTFS format, but it reads like it is not even in the port, like nothing is in the port.