Team Regicide...

SkItZo1041

Complex, is a no.

It's a great idea. I actually think it's loads of fun. Just not on Complex. I spawned into a game, instantly killed the king 3 times and got a Kingslayer. That made me the king, and I was instantly killed over, and over, and over, and over... my point is, having 4 people on the other team with DMR's focusing in across the map is RIDICULOUS. Complex should not be a map for Team Regicide. I no longer play on Complex, I back out whenever it is picked. Haven't even given Solace a chance, because I hate that map with a passion, but seeming as it also has a lot of open spaces and good camping areas, it would probably be awful as well.

Another thing that infuriates me...

When our king has more deaths than anyone on our team. Wtf? How are we supposed to win as a team, when our king keeps running out to the middle of the field, doing nothing but stealing kills (I'd watch him just take one shot and get other peoples kills), and trying to kill people in a large room with a boltshot? That is not how you use a boltshot strategically, running out into the middle of a battlefield. I don't even know how he was king! He finished 17 and 15 (which isn't bad by any means), and I finished 23 and 6. He basically got one kill for every death. That's not bad at all, just he gets 10 points per kill, they get 25+. Their team only won because they had a combined 13 Regicides. >.<

A tip for the kings...

CQC is basically out of the question. Let your teammates do the work for you. Stay safe in the back, and use a DMR/Sniper or something. CQ fighting is okay when you get overshields or something, just don't hand out free regicides. Don't be reckless, stay in the back and pick them off that way. It's a good way to work on protector medals, and a GREAT way to help out your team.

On another note, why is Haven so glitchy? I used to think the needler and sticky detonator just weren't spawning, but if you go to the floor below, you can see it sticking out of the ceiling.. what's up with that? It's been like that every game for me.

Complex is definitely rough on the king. I spent most of my time as king in that map hiding behind one of the trees until I got the overshield required to sprint to better cover. By the time I did I actually had to stay behind the tree because the enemy team had advanced enough.

I'm not sure that was the only way that could have gone though, I think generally you're experiencing the consequences of poor team work.

As for Solace, I actually like Solace, and since I tend to run Promethean Vision and never had much trouble with campers anyway, it doesn't bother me that there are a lot of corners and such for them to hide behind. It definitely sucks for the king to spawn in the open though, I got 4-5 king jousts with the sniper rifle in Solace because every time that dude moved I found him and sniped him. I don't know if 343 can fix that though, I'm not aware of any preferred spawning system for VIPs, and if there were such a thing fewer spawns = easier to control spawns.

Overall I found Team Regicide decent fun, but I didn't like searching it alone. I just did it for the challenge, but getting slaughtered over and over again because you're the only one on your team going for the king sucks. It's hard to think of a different strategy, since a lot of the time you're rushing because your king is rushing and the only way to protect him is to help him. Like I said it seemed like it could be good but I think I won't be playing it much unless I have a team.

I'm not sure that was the only way that could have gone though, I think generally you're experiencing the consequences of poor team work.

As for Solace, I actually like Solace, and since I tend to run Promethean Vision and never had much trouble with campers anyway, it doesn't bother me that there are a lot of corners and such for them to hide behind. It definitely sucks for the king to spawn in the open though, I got 4-5 king jousts with the sniper rifle in Solace because every time that dude moved I found him and sniped him. I don't know if 343 can fix that though, I'm not aware of any preferred spawning system for VIPs, and if there were such a thing fewer spawns = easier to control spawns.

Definitely poor team work, just it seems odd that someone doing so poor was king the wholeee time.

I would like Solace, but even running promethean vision I just can't find anyone, and always get shot from behind. It's just annoying, really.

• Like 1

On another note, why is Haven so glitchy? I used to think the needler and sticky detonator just weren't spawning, but if you go to the floor below, you can see it sticking out of the ceiling.. what's up with that? It's been like that every game for me.

ha didn't know it was sticking out of the ceiling always thought it just didn't spawn. that's fantastic. although extremely annoying. was playing oddball on haven and got killed by an incineration cannon and am still confused by that. i'm under the impression that weapon doesn't spawn on that map. and with oddball there's no ordinance.

I've had a decent experience on Complex.

Also, I LOVE Team Regi. Most interesting playlist so far. I hope they continue to experiment with cool modes, this almost gives me that fuzzy feeling that was VIP. But not quite.

Well after dying left and right, I just kinda swore Complex off haha. I'm not saying I don't like Team Regicide, I actually think it's one of the more interesting gametypes there are at the moment.

I feel like it would benefit Team Regicide if the teams were upped by at least one person, preferably 6v6 instead of 4v4. It would make much more sense. It's pretty easy to kill the king because you can get to them easily now.

Definitely at least 5, 6v6 would be a lot of fun too. If they did, just up the winning score a little bit, and it'd be fine, I would think.

ha didn't know it was sticking out of the ceiling always thought it just didn't spawn. that's fantastic. although extremely annoying. was playing oddball on haven and got killed by an incineration cannon and am still confused by that. i'm under the impression that weapon doesn't spawn on that map. and with oddball there's no ordinance.

Yea, I got distracted and just tried mario jumping up to the sticky detonator for like a whole game when it made me mad once... lol. I don't know about the incineration cannon. I've seen it very few times, but I have seen it spawn. It might be game-specific, not sure. There's also a sword, but that's pretty rare too.

Played Team Regicide on Abandon, that has to be the most imbalanced experience I've ever had in the playlist. You don't realize how much of a difference there is between being indoors and outdoors in that map until you have a nav point over your head.

I began the game by doing well and killing a lot of people in the upper back lift. Then they finally killed me, and I spawned outside. Then they killed me again and again and again and there was nothing I could do about it. Every time I spawned 2-3 enemies would be coming at me from multiple directions. I'd win one fight and behind me someone else would come at me.

It has to be said that my team was absolutely terrible (At the end I was fighting their king and my teammate walked up behind him - and didn't assassinate or beat him down, even though their king wasn't strafing or anything). A better team would have at least killed some guys so I wouldn't have to face so many on my own, but I'm not sure that would have made much of a difference. I also stayed king from start to finish, which sucked.

Overall that map sucked painfully hard for Team Regicide. Normally I feel the smart move in Abandon is to NOT go into the center lift building because that's what everyone wants you to do, I prefer to hang out outside picking people out of there. Nobody really messes with you because they're all focused on that center building because they either want to camp it or rush in and feed the campers. I stand back and DMR whoever isn't on my team.

The King has no such choice. Way worse than Complex, at least that map is big enough that they can't just close the gap with one sprint. Multiple DMRs across the map isn't as bad as DMRs and ARs and grenades up close.

So yeah, my team may have been bad but I'm not sure a lot could have saved that game.