Halo 4 Servers Not Available

Blacklight

Hey Guys and Gals of the 343i Forum.

I'm Currently Having an issue which is getting me very very upset.

For the last 20 hours now I have been met with the error message which follows:

" The Halo 4 Servers are not available. please try again later. matchmaking has switched to using

the default playlists "

I'll quickly point out I can still play online just instead of there being 20,000 players in each game mode there is:

Slayer 200

Big Team Slayer 100

The rest 10 or below

I Have tried to the following numerous times over the last 20 hours to solve the issue:

Resetting the router

Deleting my Xbox profile on the Xbox then Re-downloading it

Switching the Xbox on and off Again

Deleting an Re-installing Disc 2

Taking the Game back and asking for a brand new disk

All of these attempts have not worked and I still cannot play online with my friends on

War Games, Spartan Ops ( on SpOps I cannot play offline either ) or even Co-Op Campaign.

Please. I've actually loved the game thus far. Completed Solo legendary, had tonnes of fun online.

Thoroughly enjoyed Spartan Ops and the new changes 343 has made.

So to suddenly not be able to play? I Am really really upset about this.

And the lack of feedback I'm getting from any 343 employee wherever I go is really concerning.

Please Help.

From a Sad Halo Fan boy.

you describe my situation precisely.. The only thing i did different is, I tried to use some mtn. dew codes today and link my microsoft account to my x box live account. not sure if that has anything to do w it but, anyway.. help!.............. bitter gamer face!!

343... upgrade your servers, do something. I love the game, you guys did amazing, but seriously, fix yo ****. You guys suck when it comes to server managment. NEVER once did we have this issue with reach. Stop releasing new content as far as the SpOps episodes, and fix your servers damnit!

343... upgrade your servers, do something. I love the game, you guys did amazing, but seriously, fix yo ****. You guys suck when it comes to server managment. NEVER once did we have this issue with reach. Stop releasing new content as far as the SpOps episodes, and fix your servers damnit!

Didn't they base their servers off the same format as the Bungie ones? I don't see how such an error is possible if they did. If they didn't make their servers like Bungie's then they are a pigeon for feedback.

Other failures found elsewhere at http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/17976-post-your-halo-4-matchmaking-issues-here/

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 PM All day I've seen "Halo 4 Servers not available at this time". Been 8 hours already and if I play I get little to no xp, can't join matchmaking parties, can only play 6 or so game modes and it tells me only 500 people are online

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 AM I am currently experiencing The Halo 4 server is currently unavailable error and I'm not sure why none of my friends have it

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:03 PM Can anyone tell me why my rank and classes are resetting after each match i play. I will play one match of team slayer with my set classes and rank at 36. Then as soon as it ends, my classes disappear and my rank goes all the way down to one. This is very frustrating. I get my @@@ kicked because i'm playing with people who are still level 30-50 and they have access to all their customized loadouts, but i'm trying to make due with what a level 1 has. I am not going to shut my xbox off after every match and reset it just so i can play a match. What is going on!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:28 PM Im not sure if you already have a fix for this or not, but my rank resets to SR1 every few games and its kinda aggervating. Normally if I wait about 10 minutes it will fix itself. I just want to know if there is a fix or will be one soon. Anyway, I hope you can help with my problem.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:30 PM the only issue i have come across is the issue where when in mid game i go from being a SR rank of 33 to a SR rank 1 and end up losing all exp from the match it will be greatly appreciated if some one could tell me why this happens or could see about getting it fixed thanks

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:19 PM I keep getting an issue where my loadouts would disappear mid-game, allowing me only to select the two default ones. It also resets my SR level back to 1 and I have to re-boot the game for it to come back. This has happened in the past, but it is now happening more often since I hit SR 40; whether the level has anything to do with it, I don't know.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:01 PM My Issue is that ever other match my SR rank is displayed at SR-1 My rank is SR-38. I've reset my xbox a few times. It seems to happen every time i play. Also was having a little bit of server issues early this morning. Around 11 Eastern time. Would really enjoy if someone got back to me or helped my solve this isssue

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:17 PM I keep getting stuck in the lobby while my friends (whom in in a game with) get to play a match or two (today they played 3) while I sit there and get to sit and look at the lobby and all the players in the game, (can view my loadouts, all that, service records, commendations)

I'm having the same issue. It's been like this since Monday. What's going on? I emptied my HDD cache, I restarted my router... I even moved to my mom's place to try her internet and it didn't solve the problem. I know the server isn't down because other people aren't having this problem. What's going on!?

• 2 months later...

its a server glitch on 343's end. far as I know when the servers start getting stressed they pick random accounts to put into a backup server for a random amount of time from a few minutes to weeks. only solution ive been able to find is removing your xboxlive account from your xbox and then recovering it without deleting any saved game info. other than that there hasn't been much if any info given out about it by 343 or Microsoft other than a post or two. and as far as Microsoft is concerned they fixed the problem months ago or so they said in a press release. occasionally it is for maintenance but for the most part at any given moment between a few hundred and a few thousand people are thrown into a backup server randomly for no discernible reason.

• 1 year later...

First, We're not the real 343i. If you want to tell 343i that, go to Halowaypoint.com