War Debate, Should we have dropped the Atomic Bombs on Japan?

miniamp

I'm sorry, but I honestly love to debate

I am asking your personnel opinion on the topic above, should we of dropped the atomic bombs on Japan in 1945?

I say yes, simply because Japan was preparing defenses for the home islands, it was estimated that it would cost 1 million U.S. soldiers, and millions more Japanese, they were sending 2 million soldiers to the home islands, not including all the Men, Women, and Children that would of been sacrificed as well, kids were being trained to run under American tanks with bombs strapped to them, women were being trained to attack soldiers with knifes attached to broom sticks. If we didn't drop them it would of cost more life than the atomic bombs combined, and if they didn't they would of committed ritual suicide

Now even if we didn't invade, the only other solution besides the bombs would of been the already on going fire bombing campaign, which leveled Tokyo, and resulted in more deaths than Hiroshima. We would of bombed every single city. Then having American G.I.'s "victoriously" marching down the streets of southern Asian cities/countries, with corpses flooding the streets. Hell it could even be compared with Hitlers holocaust. They would be starved due to the lack of food, the immense smell of death, and disease would run rampant due to the overflow of decomposing bodies.

I want good, well written out reply's, and if want to say your view without writing an essay, just say I agree/disagree with ____

have fun

We did it and that's all that matters now. They bombed us first so they had it coming. You can't pull any punches in war, it's all or nothing. Innocent people get hurt in war and if people can't handle that then they have no business going to war.

I think it was the right thing to do, if we wouldn't have dropped those bombs we would be who we are today. America wouldn't be America and the world would not be what it is today, even though it's pretty bad anyway.