Halo 4 Facts an Speculation

Lord Takaa

So Im making a post to debate the information released by GameInformer (an other places Im sure) some what recently. Im a bit curious as to what everyone got excited about or in some cases, disappointed by.

First up is the whole "Spartan Ops"

In some ways Im really excited for it, but at the same time, Im getting a very "arena-y" taste in my mouth over it.

Arena was this huge ordeal when Reach was released, Bungie kept harping on how it was going to change MP an all sorts of awesomeness were being applied to it.

It flopped. So Im a little nervous about getting my hopes up over something like this..

But! If it works out.. amazing.

Second on the long list, the idea of a storyline about multiplayer.

Ehhh, Ive played Halo since the beginning an Ive never questioned why Blue is fight Red. Who really cares that much?

Besides, if your that curious watch Red vs Blue. Cabose will explain it all. Or the director will.

Next, the thing that upsets me most. Loadouts.

Please, for the love of Chief no. Why would this be a good idea? 343 is taking the balance MP has had since the beginning an throwing it away apparently. If anything whats to stop a team of campers from spawning with shotguns an hanging out in a single room?

Another, different Abilities.

Mainly, no more armor lock. Thank freaking god. Plus something called "Forerunner vision."

Which makes me think of Xray vision through walls maybe?

Anti camping tool FTW? Yes please.

Last an most certainly least, they have no plans for Firefight.

Honestly I dont know how to react to this. I used to love firefight, but its gotten a bit old.

So hopefully they replace it with something new an exciting.

So guys this is all my opinion obviously, but what are you guys excited or disappointed about?

An what are your thoughts on what Ive said?

If your unsure about Halo 4 than I'm right there with you. Just read the recent Game Informer for myself, and I think the campaign sounds fantastic and shouldn't disappoint, as it seems to be with all the Halo titles. However, like you, I am worried about the direction 343i is taking with Halo 4. Overall, Spartan Ops sounds cool as a short multiplayer side story, and I like how the missions will change every week, free of charge. I think the result will be more like MW2's Spec Ops gametype than the flop of Arena mode in Reach. Hopefully the multiplayer's integration into the campaign is not as heavy as it was in, say, Mass Effect 3 because if I want to play the campaign, I only want to play Campaign mode.

I will need a little more information to devise a proper opinion, but I think 343i really went mainstream with Halo in regards to custom loadouts and armor-specific effects (so now the armor permutations affect gameplay). Like other multiplayers, these two elements hinder a veteran's ability to weed out the noobs in a multiplayer that is built upon skill, not individual advantages. As for the loadouts, I doubt 343i will allow just any starting weapon, so BR fans will have their BR, DMR fans will have their DMR, and so on but nothing crazy. Please, no more mainstreamy elements. These advantages are what make me despise games like Call of Duty.

So, yay, no more armour lock. Best thing they took out of the new multiplayer. However, more Jet Pack? More Invisibility? Forerunner Vision? Just do what Halo 3 did - armor abilities collected and used in game by only those fortunate enough to run into them. Oh, and 343i made Sprint a universal ability, which I like. As for Firefight, it was fun when I played it, but I can't say I'll miss it.

So long as there is Grifball, I will be satisfied with the multiplayer :fun:

So Im making a post to debate the information released by GameInformer (an other places Im sure) some what recently. Im a bit curious as to what everyone got excited about or in some cases, disappointed by.

First up is the whole "Spartan Ops"

In some ways Im really excited for it, but at the same time, Im getting a very "arena-y" taste in my mouth over it.

Arena was this huge ordeal when Reach was released, Bungie kept harping on how it was going to change MP an all sorts of awesomeness were being applied to it.

It flopped. So Im a little nervous about getting my hopes up over something like this..

But! If it works out.. amazing.

So I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. How is a company adding more gameplay into a game a bad thing? While the Arena was just a branch of Multiplayer, Spartan Ops is going to be a whole new side-story. I think it'll be fantastic.

Second on the long list, the idea of a storyline about multiplayer.

Ehhh, Ive played Halo since the beginning an Ive never questioned why Blue is fight Red. Who really cares that much?

Besides, if your that curious watch Red vs Blue. Cabose will explain it all. Or the director will.

Well, it's a pretty straight forward "reason". It's all just training. Pretty simple, and doesn't change anything.

Next, the thing that upsets me most. Loadouts.

Please, for the love of Chief no. Why would this be a good idea? 343 is taking the balance MP has had since the beginning an throwing it away apparently. If anything whats to stop a team of campers from spawning with shotguns an hanging out in a single room?

So yeah, spawning with shotguns is not going to happen. Already been stated that power weapons will not be available in the loadouts. Speculation is that it will be items like the BR/DMR for large, BTB type maps, and probably the AR/BR for more small to mid-sized 4v4 maps. As for balance issues? We'll just have to wait and see how that plays out.

Another, different Abilities.

Mainly, no more armor lock. Thank freaking god. Plus something called "Forerunner vision."

Which makes me think of Xray vision through walls maybe?

Anti camping tool FTW? Yes please.

So yeah, no armor lock! Great news! As for "Forerunner vision" - well, we don't know too much about it, other than it's more along the lines of a quick look see similar to a thermal vision type deal, and anybody who is around you when you use it will know that you are using it. So anti camping? Maybe. But chances are they know you'll be coming.

Last an most certainly least, they have no plans for Firefight.

Honestly I dont know how to react to this. I used to love firefight, but its gotten a bit old.

So hopefully they replace it with something new an exciting.

So guys this is all my opinion obviously, but what are you guys excited or disappointed about?

An what are your thoughts on what Ive said?

No firefight isn't a great loss to me. I wasn't a big fan of it, but I know there are others who love it. 343 has said that people who loved Firefight will love Spartan Ops, so hopefully that will fill their needs, but again, no great loss for me personally.

As a whole, I hope I helped clear some of this up for you, and I am personally excited for Halo 4. I'm loving most of what they are letting out, but a few items are irking me a bit. I want to know more about ranking, how it's going to work, is it skill based or is it like Reach? Each of those has it's supporters, and you can't make everybody happy, but I just want to know what to expect.

Loving the new weapon designs, loving the new weapons. I'd like to see more multiplayer game footage, showcasing some of these weapons and how they function.

But overall, I'm pleased with the way 343 is going. I still reserve the right to make a final judgement once the game is released and I've played it for a bit, though. Because as happy as I may be now with the way things appear to be going, that doesn't mean everything will be good once the game is released.