Xbox 360 & Windows 8

Windows-8-with-360.jpg

Surely not.............. Why you maybe asking would i want to play xbox 360 titles on my PC? I for one enjoy sitting on my couch playing on my big TV why would i want to play on a laptop or at my PC desk on a small screen.

Someone at Microsoft may think differently. Its a rumour thats been thrown around for some time and stems from Microsofts desire to bring its various brands together under 1 visually similar interface.

Windows 8 is likely too run on Microsofts Metro interface that it pioneered with the Windows Phone 7.

windows-phone-7-metro-490x343-1.jpg

The xbox 360 is next in line with the fall update bringing live tiles and a cleaner crisper feel to the interface and a visually similar feel to both Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8 previews.

newxboxui5.jpg

Another interesting fact about Metro interface is Microsoft designed it to not be used with a mouse or keyboard. The Metro powered Xbox dash will best be used with Kinect and i am assuming so will the Windows 8 desktop.

Microsoft would never have banked so heavily on Kinect if it was just for the Xbox brand, by utilising a brand new computer interface the match is perfect especially within the growing Tablet market. I can genuinely see the next generation of computers being controlled through Kinect.. Remember Kinect is a concept not just a hardware device.

There is no reason Microsoft cant utilise the power of the next generation Processors and add the camera and Microphone equipment to PC's and have Kinect built in. Would it replace the Keyboard and mouse. Maybe not certainly not within a corporate environment but within a home why not, the keyboard and mouse are two things that have changed the least in 20 years. Maybe its time for a change.

Take your phone out of your pocket chances are it doesn't have a keyboard its all touch screen right.. So again why a keyboard and mouse when you can move the cursor with your hands and type on a virtual keyboard.

The last piece of the puzzle could very well be Microsofts Prototype Surface technology.

microsoft-surface.jpg

A few years off it maybe but that coffee table you put your feet up on may one day be a control surface!

I'll leave the rest up to your imaginations