Number Levels

doulie

Bring back number levels in general! I have no idea why it would be taken out. There's no competitive aspect in the game without number levels. The symbols mean absolutely nothing. A "very" slightly easier halo 2 level system would be perfect. Halo 3's "true skill" was garbage, and it gave rise to the bunch of accounts made for sale. People didn't sell halo 2 accounts because if your level was legit, then it really meant something. A level 35 in halo 2 meant WAY more than a 50 in halo 3. And don't even talk about arena, 4 levels to distinguish a mass amount of players is ridiculous. Realize that simplicity is key and go back to the roots.

• Like 2

Please bring back number levels at least for MLG in halo 4.

The current ranking system gives competitive players very little incentive to play.

Agreed, but I think it needs to be more than just for MLG and competitive play.

There still needs to be ranked playlists and their still needs to be social playlists. My biggest problem with Halo 3's social was the fact that you could be paired up against a team of 50's, and you only be 25's. If there is a 1-50 system again, I think it needs to be incorporated into social matchmaking as well, so that doesn't happen. It doesn't need to be a visible number, but it should still look at it in the background when pairing players up. Regardless of whether it's social or not, you're still looking for a good time and pairing up with a team like that is never a fun time.

Agreed, but I think it needs to be more than just for MLG and competitive play.

There still needs to be ranked playlists and their still needs to be social playlists. My biggest problem with Halo 3's social was the fact that you could be paired up against a team of 50's, and you only be 25's. If there is a 1-50 system again, I think it needs to be incorporated into social matchmaking as well, so that doesn't happen. It doesn't need to be a visible number, but it should still look at it in the background when pairing players up. Regardless of whether it's social or not, you're still looking for a good time and pairing up with a team like that is never a fun time.

I think social had skill; it was just very loose compared to ranked playlists.