Reaches scoreboard is stupid

InsaneBear

Granted i would like to see who got the most kills/deaths/assists but honestly there are bigger problems in reach then the scoreboard and if i was a developer who was actually going to fix those problems the scoreboard would be the least of my worries. Afterall, if you are that intent on seeing who scored what then do as i do and keep a link open to the bungie recent games section and check that after each match. You obviously have enough time to do so during the wait times between matches, i would know because i do this all the time.

Don't rely on the scoreboard, just play with your own skill and forget it ever existed.

You guys are missing the point. Its a tool, meaning I dont rely on it but it really helps me perform. Knowing what happened after the game doesnt help as much as knowing right then. Its a way to instantly know why my team is losing and how I can affect the game. As I said in the example before, if 1 guy is doing all of the PTFO I know to make killing him my priority. Plus this would be easy to change, Reach already tracks all of these stats, they would just have to write a simple program to compile the knowledge ingame.

I didn't say you were bad. I said it seems like everyone who likes reach is trying to make halo 4 into reach and take important competative aspects away.

And I quote "You Reach kids need to gtfo". That sounds like you're saying people who play Reach don't know what gaming is or that they are bad players. Reach is far more difficult than any of the others as far as skill goes. They (bungie) added the element of having to be good but having to get better to be good at Reach. One who conquers Reach conquers all. Aha.

How does a scoreboard motivates ones skill in a match of Slayer? Your scores in the bottom corner anyway.

It motivates people to do actions that influence it. Its a physiological thing, seeing certain actions mean something makes people want to do it. Its like the stars system used in schools for kids, you get a star for doing the right things instantly. Without this system alot of players ignore the objective or other team actions because they arent publically rewarded for them.

Btw, Insanebear has been banned from the forums so theres no point in replying to him.

• 3 weeks later...