You have been temporarily banned from matchmaking

SavageCabbage

I think this feature is stupid and annoying. I haven't left a game in like 2 days and I play rumble pit I'm in first but then a guy starts camping he get first so I just got feed up and left unaware that when i returended to the lobby it says you have been temp. Banned do to quitting...I did not receive a notice that I left to many I did not play for like 2 days. Why did they add this??

They added during Halo 3 because people were quitting to increase losses to make booster accounts. They kept it in Reach because people like to quit just to tick people off. Also, it ruins the game when people quit out just because they are losing. If you cannot adapt, then you die. Get over it and finish the game, then leave the lobby and join a new one and you don't have to worry about being quit-banned, right?

They added during Halo 3 because people were quitting to increase losses to make booster accounts. They kept it in Reach because people like to quit just to tick people off. Also, it ruins the game when people quit out just because they are losing. If you cannot adapt, then you die. Get over it and finish the game, then leave the lobby and join a new one and you don't have to worry about being quit-banned, right?

ok but now like if I leave like one game I get banned but It never says you have left to many games. My friends lagged out so it was just me vs 4 nd I didn't want to play cause it was annoying to play by myself.

• Like 1

ok but now like if I leave like one game I get banned but It never says you have left to many games. My friends lagged out so it was just me vs 4 nd I didn't want to play cause it was annoying to play by myself.

or if my friends lave if I'm over their house because they do that but I am not the one who did it

If that were the case then you should have just put the controller down and taken a snack/ bathroom break and waited the time for the game to end. Quitters never win, no matter what the excuse.

or if my friends lave if I'm over their house because they do that but I am not the one who did it

MM quit bans only last for a few minutes. If your friend quits because he wants to do something else, then there is no problem because you won't be playing Reach, you will be doing something else while you and your friend are banned.

I've been playing for a while, and have only quit to join a new game. I've come across every scenario you could possibly think of to use as an excuse for quitting, and still finished the game. If you did the same, you wouldn't be in the position you are right now. Don't get mad at the quit-ban system, it doesn't know that you are mad at it and wouldn't care even if it did. If it is bothering you, then change your behavior so that it is no longer a problem for you.

Was that post about me? But yes, I was playing Halo Reach and... It sucks. I was playing rumble pit with some friends from irl and all of them are in my clan, and we were all doing soo good until we lag out and it bans us >.< It's bad enough that we lag out but when it bans us?! THATS REDICULOUS!

I agree that it should tell the difference between a lagout and a quit, but it's not that long of a ban. As I said, take a snack/bathroom/smoke break and start playing again.

Ewwwww smoking :X but its long enough that we get pissed off soo idk

Someone needs to explain "banning", and it's purpose. I was banned for bad play (I'm new to the game).I have never quit during play or cheated. If I were playing for large cash prizes, banning might make sense, but I'm playing for rank credits. If I play bad, I get fewer credits, that makes sense.

If you are going to "temporarily" ban players, the least you can do is give them a warning, tell them what they are "accused" of doing wrong and give them an opportunity to correct it. After two days, I still trying to get an answer to my banning.